Rain!!! | FerrariChat

Rain!!!

Discussion in 'New England' started by traimpz348, Jan 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Rain, Rain, Rain All Day
    Please, Please wash the Salt Away

If enough Rain comes our Way
    Maybe I can drive my car on Friday

I'm bored.

2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    We got a TON of rain and wind today. The roads are clearing up but there is now debris everywhere!! :( Have fun if you decide to take your car out!!

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Rain indeed, plus a 'winter mix' as it were. As for wind, 40mph average here with gusts of 65mph+

4. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    #4 Pizzaman Chris, Jan 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    so much for the rain....they put sand all over the road again this morning because of ice :(

6. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    up here its like a damn skating rink coverying EVERYTHING............freezing rain please go away...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/rush109/98799-31918.jpg

de article... http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=ba65557b-1465-4e67-b21d-c734415651be

By the Numbers

14 Montreal Transit Corp. buses involved in minor accidents yesterday.

2 Injuries resulting from those minor bus accidents.

185 Sidewalk spreaders deployed in the island of Montreal's 19 boroughs for de-icing.

290 Calls received by 3 p.m. yesterday reporting slippery roads in the nine boroughs of the former city of Montreal.

176 Calls received reporting slippery sidewalks.

7. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Matt --

If you decide to take the Horse out on Friday and you'd like some company, let me know.... My steed is chomping at the bit also. I have to spend SOME time at the office, but might be able to sneak away for a little while.

C.

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    LOL But i feel the need to say this...

My folks have a place in Florida on a private island and i lived in Florida for over a decade. NO THNAKS! Boring flat roads, crappy purple hair old fogey drivers, etc.

Come up here to the mountains of New England, i'll gladly take you through some local roadways...

9. Too Fast

Too Fast Rookie

Oct 26, 2005
    MAn I have been there and done that! You don't know Florida very well if that's how you think. Stay up North! We don't need anymore people moving here. There ain't no place like this place! hehehe

10. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Also lived in Gainesville, been to JAX. Where u talking about? Got video?

11. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Sure! I sent you a PM

12. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Hey Steven, it's me Chris. I live in N.H. did you forget me man? :)
    I'm just on vacation taking it easy.

13. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    (Said in good humor... and some truth) Oh, i see now. It is Mr Happy Vacation Go Lucky in the sun while some of us here in NH endure 70+mph winds, -25F temps as we lay in bed and listen to the roof tiles fly off and hit objects in the yard 100 feet away.

Color me jealous.

And yes, my roof is now missing a few tiles, and i fixed a good part of the roof last year, but now another part appears to need attending to :(

Ok, maybe that whole Fla thing aint so bad after all. My folks have a nice place, the beach is literally their back yard... between the heated pool of course. Hmmm... heated pool and beach vs another winter in NH.

Ok, i need a winter home in Florida.

14. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Well its 50F in Boston today, nice and sunny and I drove the CS today. Steve - it Seems like you don't need to move too far south :)

15. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan360 is on the money! Drove the 348 last night, met Verell in his 308 and enjoyed the bonus weather as well as good company! Had a private previewing of Jonathan's New Garage! Now suffering from garage envy!

16. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    First,l my apologies to all. i am getting anxious and the Fcar has not been here for months. She is in deep warm storage at KTR plus getting various upgrades. So here i am BEGGING to drive something other than my support vehicle (2005 Ford Ranger). All this, albeit brief, warm weather i useta drive the Fcar in when i lived in Wilton, now i can't because of this new place (long story...).

So yeah, i am having MAJOR withdrawal symptoms :(

Meanwhile, in the past week i have ordered $$$$ in new/tweak parts for the car and some are sitting here awaiting to be installed. Talk about just looking at all these great parts and have NO car to play with them.

Oh i suffer so.

PS: and if this is the worst of my life's problems, guess life is good. But still, it don;t help the withdrawal symptoms :(

So if i seem a bit like a butthead, i am just jealous of you guys who ARE driving, that's all. My apolgies.

17. jwise

jwise Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2003
    Portland Maine
    #17 jwise, Jan 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You punks! I am jealous. I would have never guessed that when I started pulling apart the suspension in December, I would be bummed because I'm missing driving weather in January!

Oh Well- there is always spring.....

Good to hear you folks hooked up, and I'm looking forward to checking out the new garage soon.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    John, to say your suspension project is impressive is a gross understatement! Look forward to seeing the Ferrari!

19. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    You guys couldnt have asked for a more perfect day to take your Fcars out!! :)

20. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    John-
    Nice looking suspension!

Verell and John-
    Good seeing you guys last night! I got the 308 out for a nice drive today too. It was so great. I was in a bad mood with all this work I'm trying to get done this week, and after a run in the car I had a big smile on my face!

Birdman

21. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks, Matt, for a great "mini beer run" on Friday afternoon! Your 348 is beautiful! It's always very nice to meet other Ferrari enthusiasts nearby.

Hope we (and others too!!! ) can get together for this type of thing more often as the weather warms up! Who's in for an occasional weekend brunch run?

Chris

P.S. -- Matt -- Our meeting may well end up costing me a bunch of $$$$. Following you on the way out of the pub, I could hear your tubi really well... I think I need one of those on the 328 now......... Thanks a lot. :D

22. Michael Everson

Michael Everson Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Norton, MA USA Earth
    Full Name:
    Michael Everson
    No Ferrari yet but had my Shelby Cobra out all day yesterday. A bit chilly for a convertible but I suffered through it
    Mike

23. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Thanks Chris. It was fun and we'll certainly do more often this spring/summer. Hopefully we can get more F-Car owners to join us.

Thanks and sorry about the Tubi : )

Your 328 was awesome.