What's fun in Singapore ? | FerrariChat

What's fun in Singapore ?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by gougoul, Jan 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Hi all,

i will be in Singapore for two days with my wife in a month.

What's fun to do ?

Is this indian thing already over ?
    What about chinese new year ?

Thanks, Pierre.

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hello Pierre, that Indian thing is Deepavali & gone few months back. It's Chinese New Year now & very well decorated in Chinatown with bazaars that last till midnight. It's hot & rainy season so dress light & comfortably. Taxis are cheap & perhaps you can buy most of your clothes here. I would bring an almost empty suitcase.

Wait, did you mention February? Then, most of the celebrations will be over. I might be in Geneva in April as well.
    Jon

3. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Hello,

It'll be feb' indeed.
    i meant Thaipusan or whatever the name.

Anyway, i'll see....Ah, for clothes you say it's fun ?
    What kind of stuff/brands do you find ?

What will you do in GVA ?

4. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh, pardon me but I thought that was held even before the Deepavali. I'll have to check the calendar to confirm & yes you can find many exotic food here & very reasonable prices. Are you into branded stuffs or more localised clothings. Singapore doesn't really have our fashion & most are from HongKong, Thailand etc. As for brands, there's almost anything you can find here as in Paris, Milan or New York. Electronics are cheaper here.

I'll be in Swiss for the watch fairs.

5. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Aha, i see....
    Thanks for the infos.

Anything else you can think of ?

Oh, the one in Basel or Franck Muller ?

6. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Well, the tourism board here is very generous to tourists. I believe you can book a free tour of the city upon arrival @ our Changi airport. There's many things you can do other than shopping & we have street bazaars to hi-end malls though not as exciting as Bangkok or HongKong. The peddlars here are mostly honest & won't overcharge so you don't need to bargain too much. On the cultural side, we have many temples, churches & mosques but I think you can find better ones elsewhere. Most of the museums are in the city area & walking isn't too bad if the weather is good. F&B is easily available & reasonable. Overall this is a small island but developed, civilised & cosmopolitan. For relax, I'd rather prefer my Bali; a world of it's own especially if you live near the padi fields or beach.

I might be visiting some watch manufacturers & fairs during April if time permits. There's quite a few in Geneva from SIHH to FM etc. Au revoir.