proud new owner!! | FerrariChat

proud new owner!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Jeff348, Jan 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Well I went and did it I'm the proud new owner of a 90 348 red/ tan.The vin # is ZFFFG36axl0086964.I just got her home I will post some pic,s tomorrow.If ant one knows any history It would be greatly appreciated.There are a few minor things that need addressing But I just drove her home from L.I. and she drives like a charm.I think I may need some front skid plates though I had to build up my driveway.I 'm extremely happy to join the brother hood.If anyone lives By please let me know maybe we can talk. thanks again for all your help as I was looking you guys were a great help I certainly learned alot from this site . talk to you soon

2. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Car is from New York, was owned by a company called premeire financial, then owned by a man named Aldo Antonacci, who bought it with a loan under bank "All points Capital" located in Malverne, Newyork . Was titled with a plate named "RAMPANTE" whatever that means

If you want his name and number and personal info I can get it for you. I have special access to vehical records far beyond carfax.

oh and welcome!!!!

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Congratulations on your new 348, Jeff!

Regarding skid plates, just remember that these only help when you are BOTTOMING the front end in a bump. They don't help if you coming up against a curb, in fact they can make it worse in that case if they are thick enough that they decrease the ground clearance in front. Be careful, don't lose your bumper!

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Congrats on the new car! I'll never forget that first ride home in my first Ferrari. One of the best feelings in the world! And like you mentioned, this site is a great resource. Enjoy and drive safely. :)

5. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Yeah thats right.I actually bought the car from Aldo who was leasing it from Premier Financial. I paid off his lease and gave aldo the difference.I just did everthing today.Boy you guys are good.Can you tell me the other owners.He said that he was the 3rd owner.I wonder if thats true.I didn't dod a car fax because He had some records and the milage checked out. I did do a ppi though and the mechanic foud only the 3 things I already knew. Thabks for your help

6. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Well I didnt do to bad for just skimming over the report:) I will pull a detail report on it monday morning and let you know all the detail of who owned it and when.

MY car was bought through an auction with NO PAPERS, I tracked down the owners and ended up getting all the history and service papers for it.

7. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Congrats Jeff! Can't wait to see the pics.

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great news on the car - congratulations. (ts? tb?)

Bad news on the f-chat username...

"RAMPANTE" plates were probably a reference to "cavallino rampante" - prancing horse.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    RAMPANTE is from the phrase describing the rearing horse of the Ferrari logo.

cavallino rampante = rampant horse......roughly!

Congrats and welcome!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Tag" ...you are it, Bullfighter! LOL!

11. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    Now you have to change your username to "current348owner". Congradulations and enjoy it.

12. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    Now.....POST SOME PICS DAMN IT!!!!
    :)

13. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Jeff,
    Congrats on finding a car that suits your needs. The 348 is really no trouble (unlike the reputation it has) mechanically. I think the exhaust ECU / catalytic converters are the main problem and can be fixed for about $1300 for two new ecu's that will last far beyond your ownership of the car. Please do post some pics when you get a chance, and order the Zaino kit #1 if you have any swirls in the paint that you want to get rid of. Polishing a 348 is not work at all, more like therapy.
    :)
    BT

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Good on ya mate! Welcome to the club! Red/tan is the combo that i have also and i think is the best! Congratulations friend and i know you will enjoy your baby! :)

15. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    Welcome to the 348 Brotherhood!

16. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Welcome to the 348 Brotherhood. If you haven't already seen it, your (generic) info is here (well, most of it): http://webpages.charter.net/aircover/348/1994Ferrari348Spider.html

17. JoTeC

JoTeC Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Hullett
    future/new348owner, the link No Doubt has provided is awesome! I used it like the Bible when I first got my 348...

18. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    Thumbs Up for No Doubt and his 348 Primer.