Coys Maastricht Auction | FerrariChat

Coys Maastricht Auction

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by FerrariStuff.com, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Did anybody go?

I did and I was bored to death... what a joke... I left even before they finished the automobilia...

2. Pantdino

Pantdino Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Can you elaborate? Why was it so boring?

3. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Hi Jack,
    I was there too but also left before it ended.
    Anybody how much the cars went for?

4. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
  5. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Hi Roel,

too bad we missed each other, would have been a nice opportunity to meet up!

Yeah, I saw the Mondial but didn't even go near it to take a closer look...

I don't have the results list either and can't find them on the Coys site.

@Pantdino:

From my view, an auction has to be exiting, has to have that typical auction atmosphere and it totally lacked that. Maybe it was because access was free to anyone so there were probably a lot of people who "just walked in".

The items up for sale were also not very exiting, if I go to my attic, I can put a more exiting range together in 5 minutes...

Some "run off the mill" items had ridiculous reserves on them (Jos Verstappen signed cap did NOT sell at Euro 150 + premium!).

To be honest, I found it all a bit amateurish...

Lets face it... if you announce such an aution on your website, shouldn't you AT LEAST get the spelling right? They show "Maasreicht" instead of "Maastricht"...

Maybe I am spoiled by the Bonhams Gstaad auction (which is an auction in Grand Style) but here they had two auctioneers (don't know their names) and the auction was in English, basically conducted by the English auctioneer but somehow the Dutch auctioneer also wanted to have his voice heard so he regularly interrupted the English guy in an irritating manner...

When the bidding on an item came close to an end, the Dutch guy often decided that it was now his turn, yelling into the microphone "Niemand meer dan xxx Euro?" and that was indeed the case with those items... nobody made another bid...

I think that those moments are the moments that a GOOD auctioneer is able to extract another bid from the audience which was spoiled now...

I left about halfway through the automobilia.

I didn't feel tempted to buy anything and I'm very happy that I didn't enter any items.

But... that is only MY view and MY view only.

If anybody has the results, I would be very interested to hear what the Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato and the Ferrari 365 GTC/4 made and if they sold at those prices.

6. merckx

merckx Rookie

Sep 1, 2005
    Swanland
    Full Name:
    Steve Giles
    Hi I've found the best site for tracking down auction results is www.practicalclassics.co.uk if you go to "auction" on L/H side you can then search by auction house, car or auction date. I've managed to find results of Coys auctions there when they've not even bothered to update their own site ! I checked out the cars you mentioned but don't know enough about Alfas to locate the correct model but found the 365 GTC/4 which is listed as "not sold" hope this helps.

7. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
  8. FerrariStuff.com

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Hmz... looks like the results aren't there yet (DID find the 365 GTC/4 as well and clicking through to the auction, all prices are still at "N/A").

9. Dino 208gt4

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    use search on vehicle and you'll find it.
    The Mondial isn't sold
    JZ is not on the list