Novitec Rosso 612 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Novitec Rosso 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by F1racer, Jan 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Well,this time you are decidedly in a very minor minority.....

2. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Do you think they could turbo the 612 like they do the 360? that would be awsome, overall not bad looking though.

3. Ren65amg

Ren65amg Karting

Nov 25, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Reny
    wow, thats one hott car!!!! i love it. a lot of f chatters dont like the 612, and i can see why, its not something you would hang on your wall, i have seen some on the street and they are not as head turning and the v8 cars(430,360,etc) but what i like about the 612 is that i think it is the only ferrari that knows what it is, its not trying to get attention, it does not need attention. i think the 612 was made for old money, people that have had a ferrari most of their life, and who want to keep a low profile, the 612 knows that it is, a ferrari and does not need to show skin to know that shes hott, the 612 is a car with a high self esteem. look at who owns the 430/360, sports players, paris hilton, alot of celebs, etc, basically people that want and need attention, now who owns the 612 or the other 2+2, jean todt, nick cage had a 456, the sulten, people who do not need to show off, just look at pics of monoco and you will see a lot of 612, if you dont like the 612, its because it was not ment for you.

4. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Holy Crap! The 612 Looks perfect! Im really impressed! Novitec did a very good job with the little stuff they did change.

5. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    absolutely fabulous transformation, all it needs now is to be dropped a bit more and no side badges!

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Looks a lot better & smaller in black, I would paint the side scallops a different color though, they look better in 2 tone

7. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    wow...looks so badass in black...to think of it...first time i see one in black....deff a good color on it...

8. Bab

Bab Formula 3

Dec 4, 2004
    Moncton/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Lotto Super 7 please be good to me...

9. alin13

alin13 Karting

Jan 1, 2006
    That looks nice, which is something that never really come up in my mind when talkin about a 612. Bounded by the need to accomodate 4 people and their luggage comfortably, the 612 never looked quite right, but this, this actually looks very good, not drop dead gorgeous but very classy indeed. Quite surprised that with so little change, the car can look so different, or may be it's just the angle of the photo, never know!

10. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    Now I want one, that’s the way it should look stock.

11. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    is that the metallic black paint (nero daytona)?

12. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    Now this 612 is looking good. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the color or the fact that the design is finally starting to grow on me. Either way, this car looks good.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Black was always recommended for plus size women as visually it "slims" down their look.
    Looks like it works on cars too, since I really don't like 612 in Silver.

14. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    They did a great job with it, you can buy it without the black tail lights which I would do since personally it's not my taste. Other then that I think it's a huge improvement over the regular 612.

Regards,
    Kevin

15. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
  16. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    GOOD GOD! Can anyone say TRANSFORMATION!

But the 612 always, always looks better outside in real light. The rims and lowered height make an enormous difference

Bravo Novitec! Although I wouldn't black out the taillights.

Many thanks for sharing,

Cavallini

17. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

In general, the 612 is not nearly as photogenic as the 575, 456 or 355.

But in outdoor shots with real light and some perspective it takes on an entirely different aura and presence.

The lines and curves jump out as well as the overall symmetry of the shape.

If you notice, this trend towards 3-D shapes began with the 360 and has continued in every model since. When I first saw the 360 it looked like a spaceship or something equally strange-- all those curves and swoops. It looked like a different car from almost every angle. But when I saw a few up-close shots of an open-door, or a few outdoor shots next to other cars, the lines became clear, the lines and the overall theme and presence of the car.

By comparison the Maranello and earlier models were much more two-dimensional and therefore camera-friendly, like Astons and Lambos, for example, although Lambos mission and execution are very different.

If you view the 612 from a different angle and overall perspective you'll see the lines.

This Novitec rendition captures the lines better than almost every other shot I've seen. The black color also highlights the multiplicity and smooth integration of curves, arches and planes.

I, too, did not care for it at first, especially the front grill and headlight combination but when you see the entire car from a distance, outdoors, it all comes together.

Forza,

Cavallini

18. napoleon

napoleon Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    I totally agree with u the tail lights look´s like u u were "al pacino" but with not very good taste, with all my respects here in spain u put that kind of smoked tail lights to a ford fiesta. Horrible, no taste at all, of course in my opinion.