Need Info on The Chanler in Newport, RI | FerrariChat

Need Info on The Chanler in Newport, RI

Discussion in 'New England' started by kdross, Jan 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Has anyone stayed at The Chanlier at Cliff Walk in Newport, RI? Is it worth the money? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ken

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    haven't stayed there myself, but....

it's not in the thick of newport - it's near-ish the bellevue shops and whatnot, but it's not "downtown". so if you stay there, just be aware of that. it's located at one end of the cliff walk. it's not quite a mile to Memorial/Thames.

they tore the place down a few years back and rebuilt it. i've heard told it is quite nice. a friend of mine says it's supposed to be a very romantic getaway.

their restaurant has received primarily very positive praise.

is it "worth the money?" only you can say. if you're in town for a weekend, it's probably a great solution. if you're there for a week and want to see all the sights and sample all the fare, you might want to be on or much nearer Thames.

hope that's helpful.

doody.

3. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I work just a short distance from there. Excellent place. I eat lunch there somewhat frequently. You must go for lunch and try the kobe beef burger. It was listed in GQ Magazine as one of the top ten things you have to try before you die. Rooms are beautifully decorated. Staff is very attentive and the owners are great people. Definately worth a try for a special weekend or whatever. Let me know if you need any other Newport recommendations as i am here every day.

4. meandyou

meandyou Rookie

Aug 25, 2005
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Kelly M.
    My husband and I stayed there in the Fall. Loved it.

5. Lrob

Lrob Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Fairfield, CT
    Full Name:
    Larry Roberts
    If you like water views, be on Cliff Walk and be pampered, this is the place. The food is outstanding. A bit pricey, but for a special occasion it's terrific. We were there this fall. Only amenity missing was a spa.