Cool 348 video | FerrariChat

Cool 348 video

Discussion in '348/355' started by VTChris, Jan 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    I must say it is the most impressive ebay ad I've seen. The guy have spent a lot of time preparing. However, the reader should exercise caution with any seller who can make an unproven claim such as "You will not find a cleaner, more solid 348 anywhere in the country."

I have recently acquired a 348 Spider and I could proudly state that it is one of the cleanest and mechanically sound car that I've seen. But, I can't make above statement without any fact to base it on. In all, I am not impressed with his sales pitch. (The price seems to be on par, however) It is my experience and job to know that usually people who need to explain more than necessary have some issues they want to hide.

My view is strickly regarding this ebay ad style and comment and not about the advertised car itself. IMO, the ad overstated the fact.

2. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    I wasnt impressed with his sales pitch either. Looks like a used car salesman

opps

3. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I didnt do it to impress anyone.. I did it to show any serious buyers the car with more than just still photos. I challenge you to show me a cleaner one with no maintainence due for over a year.

BTW--I could change my nose, but youll always be a jerk off. Didnt you watch Bambi? If you cant say somethng nice about people, dont say anything at all.

4. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    Great Job. Best ad I have ever seen.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Ciao Bello 348: I applaud your efforts to show as much as you can about your car. I did a video of my TR when I had it for sale, and the buyer said that the video is what convinced him to come and see it personally, and eventually buy it. I belive it's great sales tool and answers a lot of questions a potential buyer may have up front. Also...it's great to see AND hear the car before committing to a PPI or making a long drive to the car's location.

Some have said the add is overstated...but I like it. It's like your almost challenging them to look closer, and it shows how confident you are about your Ferrari. No sales tool or pitch will ever please everyone. But common sense says to make an add appeal to as many potential buyers as possible. And I believe you do have to go the extra mile to stand out from the many run-of-the-mill ebay adds....after a while they all look the same.

I wish you all the best for a successful sale....Good Luck to you John.

6. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I appreciate all the feedback.. Even jerk off until he had to insult my person. Again, I refer to Thumper in Bambi. Thats what makes me a better seller.

I very simply wanted to tell people when I was looking for my 348, it took me months. I looked at so many cars loaded with scratches, dents, dings, faded paint, mis matched tires, cheap tires, replaced windshields, dirty engine compartments, inop accessories, etc.. And people were asking MORE for those rat boxes then I want for mine.

Im a very VERY VERY meticulous person and my cars are no exception. If someone wants to spend $2000 less for a ****box, then let them. Im no movie star and you can see im a jeans and t shirt guy no matter whats in my bank account. There really are no scratches any where on this car! All maintainance was done by Ferrari dealers exclusively and it's documented.

I welcome inspections..bring a magnifying glass and 3 ferrari techs. This car is for the individual out there like I was, looking for a near perfect 1995 348 Spider. Their search is over with my car.

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think video is going to be the new standard for online ads and eBay auctions. Right now as John mentions the quality is too grainy to show the kind of detail you get in the photos, but the narrative makes you feel like you know the car and owner better -- something online auctions haven't done.

I was waiting for a discussion of the history of the car, why it took so long to find, who did the service, why you chose the 348, why he's selling, etc. Usually when I sell a car I get asked all of that. So while the video tour of the car was nice, given the lack of resolution we have to deal with in video now my suggestion would be to tell more of the story and spend less time on the walkaround.

Cool car, cool ad - hope it finds another good home!

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Pretty neat sales ad John--good luck with the sale!!

9. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Still appreciate all the feedback, positive and negative.

What I learned with video (and keep in mind, ive NEVER made a video/movie before) is that youre limited to capacity of the file. I also learned that the more detailed the video in terms of resolution and clarity, the larger the file and hence the slower the stream. My video runs over 5 mins. The original one i uploaded was 75MB and wouldnt stream at all. Way too big!! I ended up re-saving it as a smaller 19MB file and re-uploaded it. What a difference. Now it streams pretty much perfect, depending on your internet speed.

If I did a longer video, i highly doubt people would take the time to watch the whole thing. Thats why I tried to go over the car itself more than a narrative history of the car and why I chose a 348. Personally, i dont think anyone really cares why I chose a 348 and a detailed on film insight of the Repair orders. The serious buyer can see that anytime.

Tell ya what, was fun shooting it and editting it. Took a lot of time, but I had fun with it. My wife was convinced it was going to be me acting like myself (a clown) for the whole world to see. When it comes to certain things, im very passionate--My Ferrari is one of them.

10. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    John,

My constructive criticism was not to offend you or anyone. I was very careful in choosing my words when I typed my posting. Also, the criticism was towards not to you or the car, but the statement that was in the ad. I fully stated that I was impressed with the ad and that you seemed to have spent a lot of time on it.

Now, I do not care who or what kind of person you are, whether you wear jeans or whatever. However, I do think you are an enthusiast and that you take a great care of your car. I have seen your postings in the past and I support all 348 Spider owners.

But, it was my opinion that the ad overstated. If you mis-interpret the meaning of my posting as an attack, then my apology to you. It was unintended. Anyway, best wishes to your endevor.

TJ

PS: When I purchased my Spider, the owner stated simply "one of the cleanest" and nothing more. It was my determination to see whether he was right or not. After seeing the car, he correctly stated and I was fully impressed with the car. He didn't need to explain anymore and I bought the car. Good luck!

11. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Hot4RE, I'm the jerk-off he was refering too, which is ok, I have been called worse I have an X-wife. Just didnt want you to get credit for being the Jerk-off.

:)

12. CTM

CTM Karting

Aug 5, 2004
    New York, Catskills
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thumbs up on the vid. In the age of the internet why not do a vid if you have the skills. Good luck with the sale.

13. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Yeah man... 348turbo is the jerk off. Not you! I do appreciate your feedback. What does my uglie mug have to do with the car?? He since editted his post after he put his foot in his mouth and found out the big nose mook in the ebay ad was a member of this forum ---> ME !

14. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    Ferrari348turbo - Hey, give yourself some credit. No body is the Jerk-off in this chat site. It is my understanding that everyone is helpful in the F-chat. I have received a tremendous support in the past, which resulted in my purchasing of a Ferrari. Remember, we are all in the 348 Brotherhood, with No Doubt, Bullfighter, Hardtop, BT348BPG as leaders to name few.

15. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    Ferrari348Turbo- Let's just apologize to John and move on. We are all lovers of Ferraris in this chat-room.

John - I think your 348 Spider is one of the exceptional. Mine was a greatest find also, with absolutely no problem or defects what-so-ever. BTW, how long did you own it? It appears only 3 months or so.

16. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Ok sounds good, so John with the 348 on its way out, what are you going to buy next? Buy a newer model or go for something older and classic?

thumper

17. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Im being seduced by the Dark Side...

18. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Join me and we will rule the galaxy as thumper and bambi

just kidding, so really whats in the works now?

:)

19. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    John, a GREAT ad, lots of pics, great video, well done... I wish you the best.

20. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Truth be told, I love cars. Ive wanted a Ferrari since I was a kid. I was a cheap, stubborn man for the last 8 years. I should have bought my first one then. Ive been watching the exotic market for years. I have to say its like the old saying, "The first million is the hardest..." After owning my first exotic, im looking forward to owning tons more. Part of my appreciation of the cars is to actually FIND a clean one at a fair price. People usually offer up a crap car for top dollar and are too stubborn to realize and move on their price, end up sitting on them for months on end. Or, people offer up a clean car and sit on an astronomical price, way above market and sit on the car for months. Im patient and im active in the market. When something appears, whether it be an F-Car, Lambo etc... Ill be there.

Good things come to those who wait.. My 348 is prime example. It took me about 3-4 months of serious, hard looking to find the car and another 5-6 weeks to put a deal together on the car. In between, wasted trips looking at other cars that the owners/dealers said where in "perfect, near perfect, excellent" conditiion. Not by my standards they werent even close.

Heres an example... The Sera Blue 348 that is still in Naples Motorsports inventory on their site. That car was sold to a man in NJ in July i think and he traded it back to them in August. I saw the car while it was in NJ. Todd told me how great the car was.

Chrome rims are all chipped, flaked up after 10 years, there are PLENTY of scratches in the paint, dings, dents, chips. Interior is "ok", id hardly say its excellent. At least 2 tires are shot. Car is in need of a major service IMMEDIATELY due to time. The documented history that he does have reflects that. He wanted over $65,000 for the car if i remember, and even tried to convince me he took it in for over $60000 on trade. Hed be out of business if that were the numbers he put on cars. 4 months later now, i checked his web site and that car is still in his inventory.

All speculation on my end though.. Just an example of whats out there on the market.

I look at the whole picture is the point im making. I love this 348, thats not a lie!! If i come across another one in a different color for a fair price in the condition i want, id jump on it. I tried working with a man in Long Island on a yellow one. Seems to be very well taken care of, but the ENTIRE car was repainted because they couldnt match the paint to re spray the bumpers. I respect that and I know he paid much $$$ for a premium paint job, but the car was painted. Not something I want in any car I buy. To me, that kills the value of a car by a huge number.

Its all good, though! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and ask what they ask. The market, in the end, dictates what most will pay for a car. At a $69000 asking price, i think i started too low. But, whatever. The greedy man gets nothing!

....Still being seduced by the Dark Side!!

MUST RE - SIST!! MUST BE - STRONG !

21. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Well, I have to say that is a great way to list on ebay. It really does change the experience.

I have been considering a 348 purchase for several years now, and still cannot pull the trigger. I really want a black one, but I would look at your car in a heartbeat.

I will say that it was my impression that the 348 spider market was more in the $65K range these days, for a good, sorted car.

22. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Is that your Best Offer?

23. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Heh, good, always selling, I like that.

Unfortunatly, no, I am not offering. I wish I was.

My son turns i tomorrow, and a Ferrari is not in the cards for me at the moment, too much baby stuff to do.

Someday though.

24. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Thats awesome! I have a 7 month old daughter at home.