f430 campaign service issue | FerrariChat

f430 campaign service issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by vanny, Jan 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    question -has anyone had this issue taken care of -they have to replace the hyd. lines -flush and replace the sensor on my car -if this was done on someones car how long did it take-thanks van

2. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Just had mine done, they called it a level 2 (took them all day)

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Had mine done over the Christmas holiday . They had the car for the whole day , so i don't know exactly how long it took . I guess depending on build dates differing degrees of work may be required .My car has a manual trans and that may require more or less than the e-gear cars. Don't know.

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Vanny....

Can you elaborate...either with a campaing number or a more specific description of what was involved. Are we talking trans/brake/PS/engine hydraulics....etc....?

5. leonard360

leonard360 Karting

Jan 6, 2005
    Glendora California
    Full Name:
    Leonard Knight
    Would someone post more info about this campaign? I have a 2005 f430 w/manual trans and have not heard about it.

Thanks,

Leonard

6. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My dealer said they are supposed to replace a couple of hydraulic lines and something else on the e-diff. Supposedly this is related to the problems some early cars had with oil contamination resulting in replacing the whole system. However, as far as they know, the cars affected all exhibited trouble within a few hundred miles. My car has 3100 miles, no problems of any kind (stick shift). They are also supposed to re-torque or replace battery strap brackets on my car as well. Not all cars are affected by these TSB's. Call your dealer for details.

Dave

7. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    My car is an 06 model and is not part of this recall. The latest TSB is #158 which involves re-torqueing or replacing battery strap brackets. This TSB affects all 430s. Apparently battery cables can loosen under "spirited" driving. Spirited probably means track driving?

8. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    That is correct , it had to do with the e-diff lines.

9. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
  10. leonard360

leonard360 Karting

Jan 6, 2005
    Glendora California
    Full Name:
    Leonard Knight
    Thanks for the info. I was told yesterday that it is not a mandatory campaign and will be taken care of at my next service.

Leonard

11. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    You are correct. It isn't critical but most high end car mfgs. always do updates/factory campaigns when you bring it in for service. I happen to know the Service Manager at FoSV and he took mine in and did actually 2 updates. The F1 tranny and another one associated with the power passenger seat connection. I guess they found some connecter that brings the power to the seat were not properly seated. (workmanship error). BTW that technician is now making Salami casings in someone's cellar in Marenello ... :) As a result when you push the seat all the way back it could disconnect. It's a 5 second check. Mine was OK.

The F1 only effects VIN#s that has a "144" in the number. On VINs with 145 and above the problem was taken care of before the care left the factory. My car was in for 2 days since he had to check the serial # on the gearbox once I brought it in and then order the parts for a next day delivery.

I definitely feel a difference at 1st gear launches. Much smoother off the line.

12. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Silver,

The campaign which was open on your car had nothing to do with the F1 tranny -- It's an E-diff parts issue and applies to 6-speed as well as F-1 tranny cars.

The Introductory Bulletin # is 1362 and is referred to as Campaign 144. Also, some cars with a Vin# 144 are just fine, as long as your Vin # is 144889 or greater. All 430's UP TO that VIN # require some level of update to their E-diff components.

The intro to the Technical Service Bulletin, which all dealers received, reads: "For your information, new components are being used in the E-Diff hydraulic system starting with Assembly #62016 (VIN # 144889). The purpose of this update is to identify the components installed on each car and ensure that all cars are uniform and have the latest components installed."

There are "four groups" of cars based upon Assembly Numbers for which revised E-diff parts are identified, each group requiring a different degree of component R&R and a differing amount of time to effectuate the update. For example, Group 4 cars (assembly # 60983 up to and including 62015), the most recently built cars covered by Campaign 144 only requires approximately 1 hour of work to accomplish the update of E-diff parts

If your car shifts better now, it's because the dealer hooked up their computer/scan tool during your service and properly adjusted your F1 tranny's parameters as controlled by the TCU. BTW, that's something they should have done during their PDI of the vehicle before delivery to you. ;)

Hope my post adds clarity and not confusion to the issue.