More Old Photos | Page 6 | FerrariChat

More Old Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bertocchi, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    Looks a lot like 0828 today actually, did not notice that before.

-Jarrett

2. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I believe that both Ralph Lauren and Bob Dusek have sister cars. I sold some P2/3 fuel tanks to Dusek when he was restoring his car some fifteen years ago. Lauren's car was on display at the Boston Museum of Art. Check previous posts. I will look for other photos this car. There are over five thousand negatives and slides that are in no particular order so it may take some time. Glad you like the photo!

3. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    Slight correction in that 0826 (the Ralph Lauren P2/3) was NOT on display at the MFA in Boston, but Lauren's 0734TR, 0792TR, 3987GT and 0398AM were all on display. The MFA was less than a mile from my apartment in downtown Boston when I lived there, so I went to the exhibit a few times :). The Dusek car was also virtually destroyed when R. Borjas Zingg had his fatal accident in the car in December 1966 at Nassau. I believe the body was burned, chassis was twisted and the engine was removed. The original engine and remains were later acquired by Dusek and everything original that could possibly be used was used to build the car today. 0826, the Ralph Lauren car, has been through a few body modifications, but I believe is largely original. This was the ex-David Clarke car which at one time was converted to street use. All the best

-Jarrett

4. model builder

model builder Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Edward Cervo
    5000 pics!! Thats amazing. I was on the phone when lurking through this thread and got so excited I nearly pulled it out of the wall when I saw it. Trying to find pictures of cars like these is extremely difficult especially if you build models for the reason that you are always looking for specific details. And most times when photographs are taken they are not done so with a model builder in mind. So then you are left to just gather up everything you can and hope for the best. Many projects go on hold until something is discovered. Your pic has some great detail for the area by the radiator opening in front of the windshield. I can't thank you enough for posting that picture. I would have had that area all wrong on the model.

Sincerely,
    Ed

5. GabyTR

GabyTR Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Spain
    Thanks for this post. It`s lovely¡

6. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #131 Bertocchi, Jan 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This LeMans 1958 "Lucybelle". If you look carefully you will pick out steering wheel Guru Mark Wallach scratching his head while sitting on the pit wall.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

franmort likes this.
  7. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    ....the one with the cell phone or the other guy with fingers over his glasses?

8. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Any photos of a 250LM? You don't seem to see very many pics of those.

9. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    Chassis number 0732TR, now in the Perfetti Collection in Switzerland. Great shot

-Jarrett

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Buy the book "Ferrari 250 LM", published by Osprey Publishing in UK in 1982, authored by Marcel Massini.
    Marcel Massini

11. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    No chance, in rallys you have a driver and a co-driver, in the picture the driver is alone.

12. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    You have to love the shameless plugs... :) It is a great book though, I own a copy and highly recommend it.

-Jarrett

13. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I have a first edition signed by the man himself and it is a cherished part of my library. We met while you were visiting the U.S. at Ed Davies shop. My shop was next door.

14. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Your are correct...it cannot be the Monte Carlo Rally...I should have realized. I wish I could find the website in which I also found the photo, because it subsequently led me to find that it was not Gurney. I may be wrong about it being Guichet, but I recall thinking at the time that since the first two letters of the last name were the same I suspected a typographical error.

I have compiled a database of Gurney's career which encompasses over 300 races and cross-referenced it with AAR and it does not reflect Dan ever driving a front-engined Ferrari of that style.

If you can locate the original website in which the photo appeared, maybe we can figure out the answer from that.

Hope this helps...

15. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Who could argue with a recommendation like that!

16. Buildy

Buildy Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    Best thread Ever!

17. DUKE1

DUKE1 Karting

Feb 6, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    James
    Is there an updated re-issue of this book in the works or is that just a rumor?

18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I am working on an update but it hasn't been finished yet. Will be three times as big as the original book. The original one can be found on ebay (sometimes) for approx. US$ 450 or you may be able to buy one from www.************.com (Jack Habits) in Holland. Original price was US$ 50 I think. You can also ask www.ferrarimarketletter.com (Carol Roush) or Mario Aquati's bookstore Libreria dell'Autodromo in Monza, Italy.
    Marcel Massini

19. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
  20. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Maybe I should sell my copy of the old version and buy the new one :)

21. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #146 Bertocchi, Jan 27, 2006
    Here is a great photo of three 206 SPs at Sebring 1967. The fellow to left with the salt & pepper hair is Nereo Iori, a NART mechanic for many years and my mentor. All the way right, (head partially blocked) is Wayne Sparling another long time NART mechanic and all around nice guy.

22. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    #148 R33, Jan 28, 2006
    David, would love to see a few photos of it now, in current condition.
    Can someone shed a bit more light on the sn of car No.6 GTO

23. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    #149 Scuderia CC, Jan 28, 2006
  24. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    330 LMB #4725SA 8th at Brands Hatch 1963 with Bandini.