Winter 05/06 Spotted | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Winter 05/06 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Heaven and Hell 2005 review was one of the best things I have ever seen on TV. I so love that show. I made my own DVD just to watch it over and over again. I was laughing tears when he banged up that product of corporate greed from Korea.
    :) :) :)

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Dark Blue/Tan interior Maser QP heading west on Lake-Cook near Deer Park. Must be just this dreary winter ( rainy? ) day as the car looked extremely ordinary. Regardless, still good to see something different on the road apart from mini-vans, Hondas, trucks and school buses.

RocketBoy

3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Saw a few more QPs in this area over the past week: one silver this time and the same blue one. Also in the area a few Spyder coupes: one might have been green, one a metallic black.

RocketBoy

4. jdl308

jdl308 Rookie

Aug 22, 2005
    Wheaton, IL
    Full Name:
    J. David
    Red 308 at Randall Road just north of Higgins...not sure if that's north Elgin or Algonquin.

5. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Come on guys don't be so gloom! I've seen a number of bikers out this past weekend and even started mine. So Summer is just around the corner.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thursday about 3 pm Rt41 and Park ave in Highland park a red 360 Spider(top up).No wonder ,a beautiful day with temps approaching 60F.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Deep Burgundy/Red Murcielago headed Southbound on I-294 today around 11:00AM. between Grand Av. and North Av.in Elmhurst. Looked great!

White Streeeetch Bentley Limo today on IL.RT.83 in Elmhurst.

8. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Yesterday evening, a silver Quattroporte in the Loop. I've seen a few of them down there, but this is the first this winter.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    One of my "Bone Doc's" has a new Silver/Burgundy Quattroporte. Along with a Black/Black 360 Spider. I believe that he lives downtown.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted: Lots of Be-yoo-t-ful Ferrari's and other Italian Exotics over at Continental today. Frankie and I stopped in there to look at a car for someone,but Lonny said that it was Sold last week. Oh Well....

The Enzo has been dropped to $944K.....Hmmmmm.....just a tad short right now....:(

The Silver Daytona Spider is still there. Looking good. Lonny said that they had re-done the dash and door panels,and that the whole car had been gone over. But,sad to say,as of right now,still a tad short on the $600K price....:( Maybe next year....:)

Also,a nice,Silver Murcielago parked in their lot,too.

11. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #61 chasking, Jan 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a somewhat unusual Ferrari spotting event:

A few weeks ago I dropped the heads from my Maserati off at a machine shop for a valve job, and sitting in the shop was a disassembled Ferrari 365 V12. Something had broken in one of the cylinders and chewed up the inside of the head pretty badly. I was there again recently to drop off some parts and the Ferrari head was still there, so I got some pictures. The machinist said that believe it or not this can be fixed! Usually it would be cheaper and easier to just get a new head, but inasmuch as Ferrari 365 heads are fairly rare and expensive items this one will be repaired.

If this belongs to anyone in our little community, you have my sympathy! On the other hand, I'd love to know the story behind this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    While freezing on short bike trip ( had to do it) spotted dark blue 360 south bound on Northwest Highway in Des Plaines around 1:00 pm

13. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005

ya there desparate as **** to sell that enzo its droped over 50k....anyway i havent gotten out to continental in over a month due to winter :-(...ill see if i can get over there tommarow, think the murcielago is still there? cuz they look sick in silver. back or front or indoor?

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Normally I try to keep my spotted posts related to Ferrari/Maser, but yesterday on Rt. 22 in Lincolnshire I saw a Maybach 62, the long wheelbase version? I've seen others ( 57? ) on the road and at gas stations, but this extended whale... wow. I'd say it shows as much "presence" on the road than the new Roller and to be honest, ( I have never been a fan of the car even after a demo ride showing me all the gadgets, ) the color scheme on this one really made it look sharp with a two tone silver.

Took the Maranello out for a spin on Thursday, made a few kids happy to see such a car as it was around 3 and I guess they were walking home from school. Despite being started only once since my wedding in the summer, ran well apart from some small bits, ( heating and window closure. ) Hard to imagine that was a 55 degree day and just 28 hours later I was snowed in. Friday and Saturday I played nice and didn't drive the H2 which would have only compacted the snow and created an ice rink like unlike other bored drivers/neighbors did in their minivans to their best efforts. My street must have claimed two snow plows that night as the without success shredded their plows into nothing due to the compacted snow.

RocketBoy

15. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Yelllow Z06 on rt. 22 in Lincolnshire. I really didn't think that the vents would do much but boy does it look impressive. I've only read the stats but now seeing the car on the road, not just a dealer, I would easilly rate it one of my favorite cars today.

Just 10 minutes later, red 328 on rt. 22 in Lake Zurich.

RocketBoy

16. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    On Wednesday I saw a yellow Gallardo on LaSalle a bit north of downtown.

17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Last Snow storm, a Blue QP on RT 41 ,still with lots of snow on the roof.

18. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    bentley contiental gt in hinsdale last night around 8 oclock

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Red 308 GTS QV on Lake Shore Drive. Car and driver looked familiar.
    :)

20. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Yellow 360 @ my gym the other night (Skokie)

21. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 16, 2006
    Bentley Continental GT on 355 and I-88. Wouldn't wave back at me and my Turbo R. Snobby Wanker!

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Another red 308. This one had one ugly aftermarket wing on the back. Just ridiculous, I hate it when people do that.

23. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    575 marenello a coupel of days ago on ogden
    lotus esprit in hinsdale town on friday
    lamborghini murcielago in hinsdale town on friday

24. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    I have seen a few ferrari's and I know a guy that drives a gallardo there. There are a few quattraportes, but ive never seen the yellow 360 and lifetime. Do you know who it was?

25. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Followed a new pearl yellow lambo from O'hare out to North Barrington on Sunday around 1:00 pm