Why I drive a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Why I drive a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Bart, Jan 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My point of view. I drive what a NASCAR car should be, which is something able to handle another very high speed vehicle on the finest highway system on my planet. Curves are mostly design for 75 mph +. Twisties are not what I drive.

Of course, the first reason is I can monetary.

Nevertheless, the car.

It is the most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen. Beauty is subjective. Therefore, one cannot argue about beauty.

It holds the following three world records for the twentieth century. The first two are the quickest 100 miles & 100 kilometers of any production car of the twentieth century. The last record I like the best. Most engines will over-heat and cook the oils at a substance maximum output. My nice 550 does not overheat at maximum speed. My Maranello’s maximum oil temperature is 461 degrees at top end. I have not reach the top speed as of yet. Including a change of drivers and fueling, my sweet thing went a shade over 183 miles in an hour’s time (26 feet short of 184 miles). According to the FIA, my little thing was able to go farther in an hour then anything else last century. Not too many race cars go over this record in a normal race.

Sure, some may have an ability to go ahead of me at certain speeds. After those numbers, I will pass you. Even off the line, a few production cars will beat me. Still only the new big brother Lambo will wave “Bye – bye”. Of course, that Italian thing has only been made in the third millennium by some Germans.

The more I drive it, the better I like it. It now needs its second major as I have driven past the 60,000 mile mark. Of course, the first was done not long ago. My 550 is the best car I have ever seen in Southern California and I get to drive it.

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

Sorry, you peace loving French, I have not converted to the metric measurement yet.

2. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

Damn!!! Where was this??

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You really love your car don't cha Bart! Good to see. 60,000km? Very nice driving.

4. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Terrific post. Now go hit 70K and let us know... :)

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Bart, this a repost of one of your old posts from when you hit 40k. Remember?

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    ...is he bragging or just drunk?

7. Timothy

Timothy Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    St. Charles, IL
    Full Name:
    Timothy C. Smith
    I believe "blowhard" may be accurate...

8. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    For me it's all about the feel of the car. I've got what must be one of the slowest Ferraris, but it still feels great to drive. The sound is fantastic, and the steering and handling are just sublime...better than any modern car I have driven.

I've driven a modern V12 and it was truly a momentous occasion, but truth be told I have more fun more often in my old 208.

But then I guess there's no such thing as a bad Ferrari. :)

9. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    After 20,000 miles, I updated it.

I still love the car. I feel sorry for those who have one but do not drive it much. Mr. Ferrari built cars to drive, not to put in a collection.

I may have a digital camera by 100,000 miles. Darn, the 550 is so sweet on a freeway.

12 cylinders or walk

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Are you serious?????????????

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
  12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    also make sure they dont have electronic driving aids

13. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah i saw the title and thought "hmm that sounds like a Bartism, but Bart's dead and Male Mule is here to save the day for those of us who need a surreal solipstic treat each day"

i guess Bart is back

Long Live The Bart!!!!!

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Obviously you have been taking your ginko baloba, great memory!
    :)
    BT

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    The best gift that I ever received to help me in business and life is my memory. Needless to say, my wife hates it :).

16. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    All reasons why I bought my 550!!!

I was thinking many of the same things as I Zaino'ed her last sunday.... :D

17. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Why I drive a Ferrari: Racing history, form follows function science, exquisite aesthetic design, & hardly any one else drives one.

18. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Because it's the most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.

19. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Let's see, a little very basic math. Assuming a 5 minute pit stop, and not counting time for acceleration and deceleration, you'd have to average 200 mph for 55 minutes straight to do that. Assuming a 10 minute pit stop to gas and change drivers, you'd have to average a little over 219 mph for 50 minutes. So why am I not buying this??? Maybe on the Autobahn or on a closed, high speed NASCAR track. But on a US highway?? Maybe your gauges read in kilometers.

Not putting your car down. It is, no doubt, a spectacular car; probably one of the best ever. But the story just doesn't make sense.

20. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    soo Bart, what have you been drinking this time?

21. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Too much rationalization........

1. it's a nice car.

2. because I can.

3. why not?

22. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    I drive it because I've broken my a** for nearly 20yrs in an industry whose mathematical equivalency is that of dog years, ie, 140yrs.

Damn it, I deserve it!