F430 spyder Vs Gallardo spyder any opinions | FerrariChat

F430 spyder Vs Gallardo spyder any opinions

Discussion in '360/430' started by fezzalovva, Jan 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fezzalovva

fezzalovva Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    london
    i dont mint about the lap times or rigidnes of the cars just in your opinions what is better looking/sounding and just an all out day to day drive super spyder

2. fezzalovva

fezzalovva Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    london
    also anyone got any pics of the two together

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    430 spyder hands down

4. ARED4RE

ARED4RE Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Looked long and hard at the new G Spider, despite being a long time Ferrari owner. Have not driven one but they have made several recent changes that may have narrowed the gap (if not eliminated it) to the F430.0 The glass rear window is a nice touch as well as the more comfy seats. At the time I was looking (over a month ago) early delivery spots were readily available which is good news and bad news. Nice I could easily get one, not a good resale sign if no one wants one. One real issue for me is I am in line to get a 430 at MSRP and the Lambo has a higher MSRP than the 430. I think it is worth checking out if your wait time is real long for the 430.

5. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    imo, its a no brainer that the gallardo looks better as the design elements were not forced on; for example, the F430 is a revision of the 360, but the tailights dont look so hot imo, and the extra large side scoops come up too high, making it look awkward and big butted. The G on the other hand is perfectly proportioned and looks great top up or down.

6. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

life long Ferrari man, have a 360 spider in the garage. I put a deposit down on a G-spider last week.

7. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    Although I would never buy a Gallardo Coupe over an F430, I would think twice before buying an F430 Spider over a Gallardo Spider. The G-Spider is very good looking. Apart from the Audi interior, I wouldn't mind at all owning it.

8. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #8 Mark(study), Jan 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    430 spyder. The G and I haven't found peace with one another yet.

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Simple, go with both.

11. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    You CAN'T ignore the rigidness of the cars -- that's a big part of the driving experience. I have yet to drive the 430 spyder so I have no idea if they've improved on the 360 spider, but the body flex on the 360 is one of the worst aspects of the car (nothing spoils a $200k convertible like feeling like you're in a moving rubber band on city streets).

I drove the G-Spyder yesterday and it's solid as a ROCK. No body flex whatsoever. I'm looking forward to driving the 430 spider to compare...

nlh

12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    C&D has a good article on the G spyder they seem to like it. They prefer the 6 speed. Lambo hopes to sell 600 per year.

13. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

noahlh,

you should write about your experience in the g-spyder in the lambo section, i'm sure the guys would be interested.

14. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    G Spyder, hands down. In my opinion, it has the F430 beat in every area. And why Ferrari can't figure out how to make a glass window on a Spider is beyond me. That plastic window on my old 360 Spider used to drive me bonkers. Ridiculous.

15. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Drove the G spyder for the first time this afternoon. You can't fault the performance, truly impressive, dramatic acceleration - even reminds me a bit of the F40 - loads of grip, no flex, great sound, wow.

I prefer the 430 interior - and I had the feeling that Lambo is a bit more "package" oriented than Ferrari in its interior offerings - in other words, it seemed a bit harder to get an interior truly to order - am I right about this?

Don't know whether I'll order one, but I'm a believer.

16. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    430 Spyder without a doubt. Performance aside, jus' can't get past the looks of the G...ugh!

17. napoleon

napoleon Karting

Dec 23, 2005
    I like this q very much, I posted a similar thread a week ago but as u say more oriented to dynamics.

I read tree test about the lambo and in each one the first impressions were positive.

Which is more beautifull, I don´t think I have the answer, as u said they both have to be together.

The proportions of the lambo in my opinion are almost perfect, I love the new rims and the upgraded engine, I think it looks agressive and solid.

I think mainly two negative things;
    First, the space behind the seats, it doesn´t exists, I don´t know If u will feel "spacy" inside.
    Second, when the roof? opens I personally don´t like the way it opens, too big and u can see not very well finished inside the engine.

For the 430 too many positive things to write them down and I think very well known.

The not so positive are also 2 for me;
    If u are tall it even looks smaller than (height) the coupe, so if again u´re taller u need the racing seats,
    the back plastic glass,

by the way I know the lambo has a glass when it´s open, but I haven´t see it closed in any picture, DOES ANYBODY HAS ONE??
    what material is made of?

Cu

18. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Rear window is glass and can open up and down.

19. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Forgetting any questions on minute performance etc

The simple fact is that G Spyder looks so much better than the 430, that given its similar overall performance there car be no question

Gallardo Spyder

Ferrari has a serious problem

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

They finally have a rival that could threaten there strangle-hold on the mid-engine market, which is a good event.

It will reduce these absurd lines for the cars, lower these absurd resale prices, and it will force them to make the 430 CS and its replacement even stronger, perhaps even move the development time forward on the 430's replacement.

We win, Lambo wins and Ferrari wins. That's no problem. ;)

21. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    So is it your prediction that Lambo will be getting premiums for the G Spyder? And that Ferrari will have F430 Spiders sitting on the showroom floors getting discounted to move them? Because the reverse has been true up 'til now.

I do think the G Spyder is a great looking car, and I usually don't like open cars. It'll be fascinating to see how this plays out in the marketplace.

Gary

22. jbjavaheri

jbjavaheri Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    West L.A.
    Full Name:
    Jason
    At the L.A. Autoshow, I had the pleasure of going on the stage to get a close look and sit in the Gallardo Spyder and chat with one of the guys from the Lamborghini hq in Italy. He told me that when they designed the Gallardo from the outset to also be a spyder so it wouldn't be a spyder based on the coupe. This was obviosly done to maintain rigidity (unlike the Murci roadster which needs the engine brace to make the spyder as rigid as the coupe).

Even though I personally like the F430 more than the Gallardo, I have to admit that the Gallardo does look good as a spyder with the top down. I wasn't sure whether it would look good at first. And the one at the L.A show was Pearl White and I really don't like white on sports cars!!!!!

23. Piton

Piton Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    You paid sticker for yours, no? What premium? ;)

Ferrari is the older, stronger brand, and thus can get away with hilariously artifical "waiting lists". Even Porsche doesn't have the same luxury.

Stick to comparing the cars. Much more interesting topic.

24. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    F430 - Sexy
    G - Fugly

IMO!

25. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    These threads never end, but there still fun :)

Can't handle the 430 forced style, but it's a no brainer over the Gallardo which has an absolutely butt ugly rear end, and no where near the class of a 430.

Now, let’s talk real beauty and pure class:
    360 Modena Coupe - most beautiful production car ever built by Ferrari
    Murceilago - drop dead gorges beast