My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post! | Page 11 | FerrariChat

My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by steve miller, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I have no axe to grind but all the people supporting Naples merely have 40-50 posts to their name - seems like an opportune moment to log into/participate in Fchat :)

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Or just 1/2 posts :)

3. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004

Several months back I remember seeing this car on ebay at a Texas Ferrari dealership. It was on ebay for quite a while and I remember it because I really loved the color combo.Than it disappeared and popped up on ebay again per Naples Motorsport. Are you saying you owned this car in Texas? Traded it to the Ferrari dealer and Naples Motorsport picked it up? Something doesnt make sense here...I dont want to accuse because I dont know the whole story but how do we know you aren't Todd or another member of Naples just trying to save what little is left of their a*s. Actually theres nothing left, you guys are screwed. You treated a customer poorly, didnt deal with his issue in a correct manner and now God only knows how much business you have lost.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    something doesn't fly with the vin check and that story. any prudent car owner would have noticed those paint drips.

5. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    To those of you who are questioning who Mike is and if he really owned that 360 I can tell you that I met him a few months back at the christening of a mutual friends son (maybe in Sept/Oct) and he was driving that '03 Grigio 360 spider at the time. I spoke with him for quite a while and didn't find out until we were leaving that the Ferrari was his. I don't know exactly when he bought it but I can say that the car was his and he is not Todd Rosenthal or any other member of Naples Motorsports.

I can't say anything about the condition of the car except that it looked great from 10ft away which is as close to it as I got, all I can say is give the guy a break. He came on here to say something about a car that he personally owned but most of the people here can't accept that. There always has to be an alterior motive behind an new poster. I don't have a ton of post here either but I have been around for a couple years reading up and learning as much as I can about Ferraris, which is the reason we are all here. Just because someone doesn't have over 1k posts here doesn't mean he doesn't have something to contribute (especially when the thread is about HIS former car), if I'm not mistaken, everyone started here with a post count of 0.

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i wonder what mike sold the car for to naples ?

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Yeah, 1000 posts baby. Keep countin'. And if I re-read them all, I never really have much to say...
    :) :) :)
    BT

8. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks Bill, you proved my point exactly!! :)
    Keep the non-informative posts coming, they seem to break up the high tension around here (at least in this thread)!

-Jamie

9. roceja

roceja Rookie

Aug 11, 2005
    Steven, sorry about loosing the money but also all the frustations that you had experince during this time.
    I just purchased my second Ferrari about three monts ago, obcourse my 92TR only cost one half compared with the one you were trying to buy.
    I do have one suggestion. From my point of view, since I do not have much cash to spare and in order for to buy this car I did had to used big part of my life savings, so I decided to ask around about the better Ferrari dealers to look into and several people mencined Ferrari of Denver. So I contacted them and I did found the car in the existing inventory, I talk to Mr. Bill Orth sales manager by phone and he tolme all about the car and to make story short I did bougth the car without seeing the car, after all the finances were closed the car was shipped to Ferrari of Housto were was inspected (part of the deal). I received the car in Houston and I did the inspection, the car did fit all what Bill explain to me on the phone about the car.
    Any way my point is that I will prefer to buy a Ferrari from a "genuine Ferrari" dealer specially when you purchase is as high as 200k, in my opinion I feel more protected, but that is just my gut feeling.
    Thanks

10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    TGood, thanks for saying what alot of us are thinking

11. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

Do the right thing Todd, dont back down, other wise im coming down to buy a car from you this weekend, I'll take it home, drive it, scratch it, over fill it, find a better deal somewhere else, then return yours for free....Great deal

12. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    at least he'll be selling a car to someone after this thread.

13. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i am starting the steve defense fund, please send your donations.....

14. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Ive been on here a little more than 50 posts... closer to 200...I have also been on here for 18 months and I am in favor of Naples .....Also my Hummer was hit and had 11k in dmage it was fixed and painted in 7 days. so who ever said you cant paint a bumper or hood in a week is dead wrong...Lawwdog...we are in the USofA here if your tired of this post change the channel.

15. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Sorry I dont have 1.89 posts per day

16. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    This is starting to get comical. This is just like the "PIMP package" thread where a few loud mouths were bashing Naples for several pages until someone posted the pictures NoDoubt was asking for and put an end to that thread. (I actually posted the pictures to prove Naples DOES negotiate)

So, I hope a lot of you wil be as quick to offer an apology once we hear both sides (fully) and it turns out Naples was not at fault. You are all so quick to jump on a bandwagon and try to tear down someones business, but will you act as quickly to repair some of the damage you caused? Which brings me to another point... Do those of you who are against Naples really think this is going to ruin their business? I am sure they have lost a little business from this story, but I am sure they have also gained some. There are many people who can actually think for themselves and, because of all the attention, will now check Naples' site and see what they are all about. And I am sure most of those people will be pleased with what they find, as I have been and MANY MANY others have been.

17. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L

highly doubtfull.

18. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

Um, seem to have left out also putting on a clear bra then taking it off without the paint that has not even dried yet coming off with it. Impossible

Where did the guy go that supposedly owned this car?
    He should give his full name and general location so it can be matched to the autocheck otherwise it seems a bad attempt from Naples to fool everyone here again. I like in his post how he mentioned buy a "highline" car which is a car salesman insider term used at dealer auctions.

19. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    JAYO I totally agree. Look on Naples site and see how many cars they have sold to happy customers. Most of their customer are repeat customers!!

I look at this situation as not charging him a restocking charge but buying back the car at $10K over wholesale. Wholesale for a 360 spider is $165K and Todd gave him $175K. Naples most certainly did not have to give back anything! I am sure Steve insisted on getting out the car and that is the ## they both agreed on. Steve obviously over filled the oil (by the way, the engine must running when you check oil in a Ferrari) scratched the front bumper, and drove it 100+ miles.

If you buy a house and live in for a week, you can't call the original owner and say I have sqeeky floors and my toilet keeps over-flowing and then ask for your $$$ back. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Clearly he had buyers remorse and wanted out. MOVE ON!

I THINK NAPLES WILL SURVIVE THIS TOTURE CHAMBER!!!

20. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

I actually know this to be a fact. But, feel free to keep your head up your a** and not accept anything that disagrees with your views, like so many others here.

21. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

where do we send our donations for the least sophisticated consumer?

22. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L

**** off. you think this thread increases business for them ? if so, so much for the alleged slander suit. they should post this link as it surely will increase sales.

23. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

So typical of those that have no valid points or arguements resort to personal attacks, anyone here with half a brain can see what kind of company Naples is and the owners.

24. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
  25. gam4

gam4 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2003
    I have valid points! Read them three threads ago

Why are you listing to one guys problem when Naplesmotorsports has hundreds of happy customers on their website

Leave it alone!!!