My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by steve miller, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
  2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L

i'll make sure i respond likewise to every thread you post on fchat.

3. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    henryr, I re-read my post and it did come across harsher than I intended. I apologize. But, I never said this was going to increase their business. I said they will almost definitely lose some business, but they will also gain some. Will it be a wash? I don't know. Probably not, but it definitely isn't going to shut them down or keep the vast majority away.

Personal attacks? This whole thread is filled with 14 pages of personal attacks from people who don't know what they are taking about. Thank you for making my point.

4. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Wow. Seems to me every couple of weeks (or months) some thread like this pops up and the MO is always the same. Someone bought a car sight unseen (digital pictures is still sight unseen) from somewhere they do not live and didn't bother with a PPI or simply trusted the one given by the seller or dealership.

I have my own prejudice against South Florida dealers and short of me throwing the car up on the lift myself with a Tom Cruise movie production set of lights to look it over, I just wouldn't trust anything any salesman or GM told me about a particular exotic.

I simply do not understand how this continues to happen especially if you are even casually paying attention to the posts on this board. In the future revert back to your teenage self in regards to the possible obtaining of some a$$. You would do anything, drive anywhere in the hopes that "she" would give it up. Now you're an adult with money to burn on a car that all but gaurantees that hot "a$$" jumps in the car. Put the same effort into protecting your money as you did chasing a$$ back in the day and you should come out ahead. Late model Ferraris are way more reliable to put out the good times than some teenage girl.

5. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    apology accepted. i over reacted as well as i was just commenting that any negative publicity is not good.

can't we all just get along?

6. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    Come on guys lets hug and kiss and make up, We all love Ferrari's

and most of us like the red one's, well ok all of them... :)

I love Jayo and henry

7. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The reading comprehension problems in this thread are almost comical...

It was the rocker panel that received light scratches which were removed by wet sanding. No harm done and likely no evidence that it even occurred. I'm sure Steve wouldn't even have mentioned it except for wanting to give full disclosure from his side and the same goes for the oil.

Where did you come up with that? Steve stated he drove the car less then 50 miles, and that it was Naples that put 200 miles on his trade in which he recovered during the unwind of the deal.

People here who are defending Naples are for the most part ignoring the big issues here. The product was misrepresented prior to the sale, they breached their refund policy on a technicality, they strong-armed Steve and STOLE close to $16,000 of his money in the process of him returning the car while at the same time forcing him to sign a ridiculous confidentiality agreement. Then if stories are to be believed from Naples side, they managed to sell the car to a different customer in less than a week. Please show me where this "restocking" fee was justified or warranted - show me where Naples lost anything on the deal being unwound. Certainly there were modest costs involved, but absolutely nothing that would warrant 8% on a nearly $200,000 purchase.

If this is how one can expect them to treat a customer who has a problem with one of their vehicles then I don't see why any logical person would even consider doing business with them.

All the "happy customer" stories aren't going to change the facts of this situation. The only thing that that might give some credibilty to Naples Customer service practices would be stories from others who have had problems with Naples and gotten them resolved to their satisfaction.

>8^)
    ER

8. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Do me a favor. Call Naples and get their side of the story. Todd is a smart guy. I will guarantee he didn't "strong-arm" Steve and steal $16k from him. I am sure he would know how bad that would be for his business. You really need to get all the facts (from both sides) before you can make these statements. Or, is it just easier to assume that the first guy to post the story is telling the truth?

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Todd is aware of this thread (and the other two) and should be perfectly capable of fully disclosing his side of the story for all to see if he wants to. The fact that he hasn't or won't is not helping his credibility in my opinion and it seems that of many other people here. The fact that he used his only response in this thread as a sales pitch, while failing to address most of the comments/concerns that have been raised only makes it worse. I, like many other people, will not be calling Naples for anything.

Besides, I'm not going to call down there just to be told he's in a meeting and will call me back. :rolleyes:

>8^)
    ER

10. Hunters360

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell

Does this mean you will not be hijacking all my future threads??

11. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    can't make any promises if the market is slow.

12. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay

Todd is the OWNER of the dealership. He is not a salesman or even the GM. I don't see how people can get bent out of shape over not getting the owner on the phone every time they call. I own a family business with my father and brother. There are MANY times one or all of us are in meetings and can't get to the phone if someone calls.

13. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie

The facts? The fact is that we only have one side of the story for the most part. Naples has kept quiet regarding the specifics but then again, since a few questions have been raised about Steve's potential buyers remorse so hasn't he! I'm still 100% behind Naples, I've dealt with them for 10 years, I've bought 6 cars from them and I will continue to do business with them... no question about it.

One other question that I have is if Naples took the front clip apart like they said and proved it hadn't been in an accident (Steve hasn't come back to deny this part) and the only way that Steve knew that the bumper had been repainted was by taking off the clear bra how would Naples have known that if the clear bra was on the car when they bought it, which it was?

The guys at Naples have stood behind every car I bought from them, whether they had to by law or not. I find it hard to believe all this, that they would "screw" a customer out of $16k for nothing. I have to stick by my assumptions from a few pages back and say that Steve probably just had buyers remorse, wanted the red '05, agreed on a # w/ Naples to buy back the '03 and went about his business until someone probably told him that he should have made them take the car back because part of the front bumper was repainted!!

Steve, you bought something, you used it (for however short a period of time), you scratched it (even if it was minimal, you caused more damage to it), you overfilled the oil, YOU didn't have the car checked out before you bought it, and now you want all of your money back?!?!? Let's face it, you made an impulse purchase (on a very expensive item), decided you didn't want it, got out of it, then decided you didn't like the idea that you lost money.... on a CAR! How much did you lose on your Vette when you traded it for the Ferrari?

14. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)

15. Hunters360

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Did you get the vette back...or did they already sell it? Or did you trade it in on the 05'

16. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie

He got his Vette back from them, they hadn't sold it yet. Who knows what he did with it after that... he won't come back on here and answer any of the questions that don't support his accusations!

17. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Again, did you actually look at the photos of the car? This one clearly shows paint issues that would not have been masked by any clear bra:

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album17/paint_pooling_under_metal2.jpg

How could Naples have missed that with their "thorough inspection" of the car which they say includes these steps:

Here's a good word to describe it - UNFATHOMABLE!

>8^)
    ER

18. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    A nice naval quote. I have another one for this thread. "Fair Winds and Following Seas."

19. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida
    It's like being little bit pregnant, you did her, she took it, now she's knocked up, now you dont want it, should of thought of that before you did her. Whinning about it is not going to help, use PROTECTION consumers...get a PPI or hey take more time to think about what your doing, get a second hand inspection

thats what go's along with SITE UN SEENNNNNN

I have bought many cars site unseen, some I wasnt happy with, but I take it like a man and dont whine. ITS MY OWN FAULT IF IM NOT HAPPY WITH A SITE UNSEEN....

20. psmaia

psmaia Karting

Oct 26, 2005
    greenwich, conn.
    Full Name:
    Paul Marchese
    this sounds very much like a trial which has just recessed after the prosecution has rested...it strikes me as very premature for the jury to have decided before the defense has presented their case...i hope i am never the defendent in a trial where any of you are on the jury...god help me...

21. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Welcome to the system my man!!!!! If you ever see a guy with a tattoo of the number 13.5 on his left hand between the thumb and forefinger it means... "12 jurors, one judge and not half a chance"........

I still think Naples is wrong on this though.

22. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Amen... this is why OJ got off!

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    This isn't a legal proceeding where each side has a specific time period during which to state their case. There are no objections here for speaking out of turn and no contempt charges for disrupting the presentation of the other side's case. It's a message forum on the internet where all parties involved are free to add their side of the story at any point in time.

The single post in the entire thread from someone who actually represents Naples (ie: not the cheering squad) failed to make a positive impact on most people's opinions. In fact you'd be hard to argue that it did anything but the opposite.

>8^)
    ER

24. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)

You said exactly what I was thinking. And, I know it because I deal with it everyday in my line of work. We just can not make any assumptions on Naples or Steve on whether they did right or wrong until the full disclosure of facts are presented. Therefore, we simply cannot bash Naples no matter how bad it may look. Naples is entitled to their opinion and I would not blame them for being slient for now amongest these angry crowd. I am always amazed at how quickly people (or Jury) come to a conclusion based on their predetermined views and not based the facts.

25. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Uhhh, in all court proceedings I've been witness to, the prosecution goes first. ;) :D

>8^)
    ER