My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

My HORRIBLE experience with Naples Motorsport. Pics included with this post!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by steve miller, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Godammit why don't these guys man up and address the issue of the $16k? We're gonna see this place out of buisiness with tumbleweeds blowing through Naples before they just admit to ripping steve off. I can't wait for this to hit the courts .Steve's legal team will get ahold of all the customer records during discovery and we can hear all of the strongarm tactics that were attempted by Naples in the past. I MAY SIT IN ON THE COURT PROCEEDINGS JUST FOR FUN.

2. HOT4RE

HOT4RE Karting

Nov 28, 2005
    LA County, CA
    Full Name:
    (TJ)
    ER has very valid point here as well. However, as I stated in the previous post, what is the real issue here in this thread? it is not about getting money back now nor having anything to do to avoid Naples business in the future. IMO, the real issue here is to take Steve's exmple and learn to avoid similar mistakes in the future. (For some of you that means nofuture business dealing with Naples, for others getting PPI prior to purchase, whatever.)

For me, F-chat has been a valuable resource to learn about the car and the community. I have made some serious friends here as well. But, this thread is dividing us and tearing us apart. We all share common goal which is the love of the Ferrari brand and the cars that we drive. Let's stay together and have peace.

3. Ferrari348turbo

Ferrari348turbo Karting

Nov 22, 2005
    Florida

because the 16K has nothing to do with this, no one held a gun to his head to take the car back. Besides ITS A CONTRACT HE WILLING SIGNED IT...

4. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie

How many cars have you bought there? How many people do you know (personally, not Steve) that purchased cars there? How many times have you called them to inquire about a vehicle or to try to buy a vehicle from them and how many times did they try to strongarm you into something you didn't want or didn't think was right?? I would bet anything that the answer to all those questions is zero!! Like I said above, I bought 6 cars from them over the last 10 years and have been treated with the decency I would expect from anyone that I chose to deal with. Todd built a successful business in Boston, then built another one ( a much more successful one) in Naples. Believe me when I tell you he doesn't strongarm customers, he's not a liar and he doesn't own a shady used car lot.... no matter what one person says!

If this did indeed end up in court I would gladly turn over copies of every deal I've done with Todd & Rob and tell exactly how I was treated by Naples Motorsports. I know for a fact that I am just one of a large number of current and future customers that have called them in the last few days to tell them that I will definitely be back to buy another car from them in the near future. I have dealt with many many dealerships and individuals either buying or selling cars and I can say without a doubt that Todd is one of the most stand up guys I've ever dealt with.

This thread has become beyond ridiculous and I don't blame Naples for keeping quiet at this point. Everyone has already made up their minds and nothing anyone comes on here and says is going to change that. Notice though, that Steve has remained quiet since a few people questioned him about having buyers remorse. I don't see anyone coming on here saying Steve's a liar if he doesn't come on and defend himself against those comments!!

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    One of the UNanswered questions at this point is the $16k "cancelled sale" fee.

It would be nice to see Naples explain their official corporate policy on such fees.

Would there even be a dispute at all if that 16k fee hadn't been charged?!

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    [Intermission]

OT: Erik, the avatar cracks me up. Touche.

[/Intermission]

7. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam

I have never done any business with them and I have never met either of the people in question. Thats the whole point, unless they address the issue of the $16k neither I or many others will ever give them the chance to earn our business. This is a very fickle buisness and these guys will learn the expensive way how one upset customer can hurt them for years. All I want is to hear their side of the restocking fee and maybe I will jump on the bandwagon. I don't even care if they are selling painted,crashed, burned or cherished cars. At this point they better say something about keeping this guy's money.

8. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I have! I would say to anyone, you can't tell the quality of any service until you need to use it. When Steve chose to use it, he got screwed. Period. Talking to you nice when they are attempting to sell you an expensive car is expected. Helping you in a making a decision is expected. Once something goes wrong then the truth comes out either they stand by their policies or they change them to suit themselves. Period.

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    has anyone been over to the "official bikini thread" ? i suggest we all move over as the $16K is likely there.

10. steve miller

steve miller Karting

Dec 30, 2005
    Parkland, Fl
    Full Name:
    Steve Miller
    Well Guys, I thought I'd post one final time on this subject. Quick and to the point. To all those who accused me of damaging the car myself, that's a load of crap. If that was the case, the car never would have been taken back by the dealer. See these pictures again. http://www.stevestoys.net/view_album.php?set_albumName=album17

To those who accuse me of scratching the Rocker Panel, Guilty as Charged. $300.00 wet sand.
    To all those who wanted to hear both sides, don't ask me.....You've already heard mine.

And to those who think I had buyers remorse, YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID! I bought a Ferrari that had undisclosed paint work done on it, consequently, you're right. I DIDN'T WANT IT!!

To the sycophants who follow the dealer in question blindly, I wish you luck, and hope you learn to think for yourselves one day.

To the gentleman who commented on my finances, and was concerned that my house was 100% mortaged, I thank you for your concern, but it's not. I own it free and clear. Why not? It's an appreciating asset. Perhaps I'll write you from Turino and the Olympic Games.

To those who "get it" thank you. If I get sued, I'll certainly let everyone on the Boards know about it.

I'm amazed that a total of 20,000 people on the Vette, and Ferrari Forums were interested enough to view my thread and my story. This post was made to simply help the Exotic Car Buyer have a safe buying experience, and not make the same mistake as I did! Caveat Emptor!! and Cheers!

Steve Miller