UFC--Lite Heavyweight Championship | FerrariChat

UFC--Lite Heavyweight Championship

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 285ferrari, Feb 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Anyone getting the PPV tomorrow nite or going to LV to see it. Wanted to go but couldn't stomach the $700 ticket prices. Chuck Liddell is fighting Randy Couture for the belt. Liddell has it now and Randy wants it bad. Purchased the last PPV fight--well worth the $40 if you enjoy REAL fighting.

2. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I'll be glued to the television. I think it's well worth the price on ppv. Can't decide who I want to win. Would be cool to see Randy get the belt back. At his age, he is totally amazing. I'm really looking forward to Rich Franklin vs David Loiseau in March. Also I heard that Matt Hughes is going to fight Royce Gracie, not sure if that is true but it would be sweet to see.

3. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes the Hughes/Gracie fight is a done deal. They announced that back in Dec. The Franklin fight in March is going to to awesome also. Randy is a great fighter, but I really like the Iceman..

4. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    I hope R. Couture learned his lesson and will try to take him (C. the Iceman Liddell) down for some ground and pound. Thats how he won the first installment, although he did out strike the striker too in that fight. I think Couture will take this one in two rounds, provided that his ego doesn't get to him and he tries to go toe to toe with the Iceman.

Hughes vs Gracie is an extremely exciting matchup. The legend (Gracie) vs. the most dominant ever (Hughes) in the middle weight division. Although I think R. Gracie is outgunned by a younger stronger and more hardworking, gifted fighter (M. Hughes), I don't see a quick tapout or much less a knock out. However, Hughes will take him in unanimous decision.

R. Franklin vs D. L'Oiseau. Hard fight to pick. L'Oiseau not being as tough as his team mate G. St Pierre, will still give Franklin a tough match. As long as L'Oiseau doesn't get into a mount and start working his sharp elbows (which are the best in the business) I see Franklin knocking or pounding him out like he did with K. Shamrock.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Are dates set for Hughes vs Gracie and Franklin vs L'Oiseau?

-Peter

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Wont this show up on SpikeTV in a month?

If so, I can wait.............

6. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    It'll show up on your ppv channel for 40 bux. Why wait till it airs on cable? You'll know who won.
    -Peter

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Because I could care less who wins. I just like to see a good fight.

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    No you won't---they do not do full re broadcasts of a PPV event. You may see clips in a special but not the whole fight. Or buy in DVD in a few months when they release it. Usually they will have the whole PPV in DVD form, probably 6 months from now for $25. By that time there have been 3-4 other PPV's

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Thr Rich/David fight is in March--I think the 4th.

10. warren0420

warren0420 Karting

Dec 12, 2003
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    chuck lidell is going to rock some ****ing socks.

11. kyokushinspirt04

Dec 15, 2004
    I think that if Randy goes in with a good game plan and sticks to it he will walk away with title again, but it only takes one punch from Chunck to send Randy to sleep. I can't wait to see Frank Mir back in action, and the rest of the card tonight is going to great watch also!

12. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Do any of you guys know when Andre Arlovski is going to fight next and who? That guys a beast and it's going to be interesting to see someone take him out.

13. ambrosios1

ambrosios1 Karting

Oct 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ambrose
    Probably more tune up fights. I assume the Sylvia fight is coming next, but they are in totally different leagues.

Frank Mir (ex champ) is Arlovski's only challenge, but he's got a lot to prove in order to get a shot at the belt.

14. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I HAVE BEEN WATCHING UFC SINCE THE EARLY 90s

BESIDES THE GRACIE CLAN...I LOVED DAN SEVERENCE AND KEN SHAMROCK

NOW SHAMROCK IS HITTING 41 OR SO, GREAT SHAPE BUT I HAVE SEEM LOSE EVERY TIME

BESIDES THE GREATFIGHTERS MENTIONED BELOW, MY MONEY IS ON THE GUY ( I FORGOT HIS NAME) WITH THE SHORT RED HAIR AND A BLACK X ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD

THIS GUY IS A ANIMAL AND NO HOLDS BAR.....ANYONE KNOW WHOM I AM TALKING ABOUT?????

15. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Next opponet should be Tim Sylvia for the title. Come April Forrest Griffin will fight Tito Ortiz--now that will be a great fight.

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Bruce you remember what class he fights in??

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I THINK 185 CLASS....HES SICK.............RED DYED HAIR WITH A BLACK X ON THE BACK

THANKS ROBBIE..........

18. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  19. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  20. ambrosios1

ambrosios1 Karting

Oct 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ambrose
    I dont know about that fight. Griffin hasnt been tested that much in my opinion. I dont see it lasting very long.

Tito will win via submission.

21. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Your are right about Forrest--figure he is in the same weight class as guys like Liddell and Couture--I hope Forrest wins, but doubtful>> Cant stand Tito!!

22. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Forrest did have a hell of a fight with Stephen Bonner but I have to agree Tito will get him.

23. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Forrest Griffin can't beat Tito Ortiz unless Tito comes in unprepared which is unlikely to happen. What would be interesting is a rematch between a fit Vitor Belfort and Tito Ortiz. That winner should go onto the winner of tonights fight Between C Liddell and R couture. That winner should then stand in line for a title shot. My guess is though, that Couture will win tonight and then retire. He'll have nothing to fight for and he will have cleaned up the light middle weight class.
    -Peter

24. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    In regards to the Bonner Griffin fight, I think that Griffin won it by pure heart. If the fight would have had another round, I think Bonner would have taken him. He's just stronger and more durable. Not to take away from Griffin though. He's a good fighter with tons of heart. One of my favourite up and coming guys.
    -Peter

25. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Couture will retire w/o the belt-----The Iceman in the 4th round!!!!