Spyders? | FerrariChat

Spyders?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by sirbob, Feb 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have been looking for a new daily driver and have been considering a Maserati spyder (2003 / 2004?). I am looking at those years because of the depreciation already hitting those cars (with much more to come I'm sure).

Are there any significant diff between 2002 - 2006 model years...more power, better auto shift programing, electrical gremlins etc? What updates should have been done?

Also I expect the new body style to be out soon, any ideas when? Will the move from Ferrari to Alfa speed that time line or slow it?

My annual driving on this car will be about 7 - 8k a year any ideas on service cost & of value over time.

Yes, I have already and will continue to search old threads for other info ...Thanks for your thoughts

2. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    I know the '02s had Cowl Shake & a few other Glitches.I would stick with a '03 & later.
    Are you Looking for a "Stick" or a CC ?
    Scott61 had a '04 & did not have any problems that i can recall.I would PM him & ask for advice or any Questions that you might have.

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Would definitely stay away from a 2002, You should be able to pick up a 2004 at a good price. In my one year of owning I had zero issues and car is very good as a daily driver. Who knows what will happen with next generation Maserati but at least you know with a 2004 you get a Ferrari developed engine. Would not worry about updates, As I am sure since car has a great warranty previous owner would be up to date with them, Or as soon as you bring for service dealer would make sure everything is up to date at no charge. I change cars every year or so and this has been the only car I regret getting rid of. Yearly expenses not bad. Insurance was very reasonable. Strangest thing was when I got my 2004 state excise tax on it they had the valuation as $15,750 and here in MA we pay $25 a thousand, so cost me $328. Where it should have been over 2 grand. Traded in last May with 2300 miles on it for $60,000, Car must have ended up in the Philadelphia area as I got a call from JD Powers and Maserati N.A asking me to comment of my recent service visit at Alger Maserati of Philadelphia. Guess the new owner never updated ownership

4. sirbob

sirbob Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    South Orange County
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks for the thoughts, just past a nice coupe coming home from Palm Springs today on the 74...makes me want one!