Children's Hospital / Ronald McDonald House | FerrariChat

Children's Hospital / Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Feb 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm trying to put together something for the kids there that would involve at most 10 or 12 of us, and our cars, providing rides for the kids at CHoP or the RM House this spring.

I have gotten a generous donation of FerrariChat.com swag from an fchatter to give to these kids. I'd like to combine that with our providing some of the everyday items the Ronald McDonald house needs to survive. We can stuff our cars and head down.

I'm still waiting for an ok from these guys, so this is very preliminary, but is anyone here interested in spending a couple of hours on a Saturday in the spring making this day happier for patients at CHoP and their sioblings who are at RM House.

If you'd like to help, bring a car, provide some rides, or whatever ChoP will let us do with the kids, let me know.

Dave

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    If this is after May 9th, I might be able to convince the guys at BMW of Main Line to help out. Loan a car or two. If that does not work out, I wish to help in anyway possible

3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think you need to change your name!!

DM

4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    done :D. why is it that when I ever offer to help I'm not taken seriously?

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

YOUR BAD BOY REPUTATION PRECEDES YOU.

Another ten years or so, and you'll get some of the others to take you more seriously.

But, I'm Listening!!

Dave M.

6. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    so being a so called "bad boy" automatically makes people think I don't want to help others or I don't care about others...?

Anyway, what kinda stuff would you need? toys etc?

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't get your freakin' panties in a knot over this. And stop hijacking my thread :)

And yes, if you're not serious, ever, or a wise ass all the time, people tend to assume that it isn't a persona, but that it is instead a character flaw.

Unfortunate, but that is the way of the world.

Dave

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    ok this is my last post i dont mean to hijack. you responded before I could get the edit in.

what kinda stuff is needed besides the cars? toys etc?

9. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    It sounds like a lot of fun! As long as it fits into my schedule I would be very interested in driving there. By the way where is CHoP or the RM House?

10. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    Great idea, met me know the date when you settle on it.

11. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Dave, excellent idea. Not sure if anyone remembers, but I tried putting this together a couple months ago for someone i met at my car show last year. Tried CHOP and a few other hospitals in the Philly area, plus the Ronald House. Unfortunately, CHOP is in the middle of construction and claim to have no where for the cars to go, the other hospitals all claimed their policy does not allow the children out of the hospital. They told me, the kids wouldn't even be allowed out to see the cars, the problem with the Ronald house was they have no parking as well and couldn't think of any local areas. Now if you get a different response, i would love to help and i know the person i was helping would love to join in too. PM me if you find any reason.

12. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    dave, count me in if you put it together. im always willing to help out the kiddies

13. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    This sounds great. Count me in. I can follow John up and I promise we won't get lost. With the Mondial I can 3 at a time. MBG

14. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Should have the XLR-V in a few weeks and will be more then happy to help out. Also, if they wanna ride in a g wagon I can have someone drive that as well. Dave keep us posted :)
    Erik

15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Working on it. Apparently the RM House in Philly has parking/space issues.

I'm going to see if there's another one nearby we can visit. I'll try the Wilmington area and South Jersey.

[edit] contacted Wilmington DE RM House, I'll see what they say.[edit]

IF anyone has contacts within the Philly system, maybe an email or phone call to them would help.

Dave

16. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Dave any ideas how far that is from Baltimore area?? Would be nice ride if we could get some MD/VA guys to head up. We could ALL stay at Lamours place and talk about breasts all night...

17. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Dave-

If you need help setting up with this event please let me know and I would love to help.

Baltimore is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours south of Philly.

Antony

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

about 75 miles from downtown Baltimore to RM House.

IF you want to mapquest it, there address is.

Ronald McDonald House
    1901 Rockland Road,
    Wilmington, DE 19803

DM

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    definetly doable for me--let us know date when you can..

20. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    my door is always open to a f chat buddy

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

The RM House in Wilming has replied.

They are very interested, and are going to clear some of the details with the high muckety-mucks, but it looks like this will be a go.

As things progress, I'll post details, along with a couple date options.

Dave M

22. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Count me in!!! Details, details please.

23. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    hopefully its not on the same day as a rugby game. If not, im sure ill show up.

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Like you play rugby.

Maybe, just maybe, I would have let you play hooker, back in the day.

Les, We don't have a firm schedule yet. I'm gonna make it happen, probably on a saturday in April. but it really depends on what RM house says.

what I'd like to do is get 8 or 10 of us, with cars, and get them loaded with the things they need down there on a daily basis. Everything from batteries to cake mix, it's quite a list. Then we head down, spend some time with the kids, give 'em the goodies, and head home.

I'll post details as I get them.,

dave

25. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'm more than willing to help, as you know i like these things. And i'm sure my guy would love to be a part too.