The Enzo reimagined.... Jim's Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The Enzo reimagined.... Jim's Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by MarkPDX, Feb 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murcie.mania

murcie.mania Rookie

May 6, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Edward Thomson
    This is about as highly anticipated as anything I've ever heard of... Hope it lives up to the hype!

(I'm sure it will)

2. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Will it have a Tubi? ;)

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No but I think you will find the exhaust system quite interesting...

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    heeheehee

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Congratulations on an awesome sounding project!

Can you keep this teasing up all the way until August :D? You'll be getting some of your money back from the pure entertainment value of the suspense you're creating!

6. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    man....this is reading like a suspense thriller....you really know how to lead us on

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I do warn all of you that this is going to take until August to unfold. I wasn't planning to discuss it this early but rumors have started and before they got out of control I thought it important to set the record straight as to what was happening. While it's rare that anything lives up to it's own hype, remember that cheerleader you wanted to date?, remember what the date turned out to be like?, but this is one time where I got very lucky and IMO this car will take on a life of it's own and stand tall for a long, long time.

8. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    :) this thread will be 50 pages long by the time we all get to see it.....[checking flights for Pebble Beach]

9. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Does Ferrari themselves have any input or participation in the project? Do they even need to? :confused:

Realizing that Pininfarina is quite closely partnered does Ferrari have any problems with them taking on a project like this without their permission? I assume there's always politics involved, so I guess I'm just curious how that all plays out if you can address it.

>8^)
    ER

10. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Perhaps the best quote that i have ever seen....Going back to what it is all about..With this as the goal, i am sure that this project will achieve greatness.

11. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    WOW am I glad I asked that question. Atomic I agree a great quote, Napolis save that one for the documentary on the Discovery Channel ;). Thanks again for sharing your plans with us it is amazing. Screw my b-day in July the count down to August is on! :D

Any plans on attending the Concour's D'Elegance this fall in Manhasset?

Napolis if you care to share where, not exact address, in NY will the car be so I know when to keep my camera ready for sitings?

12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm simply a private person contracting with a coach builder to realize my dream. Pininfarina has done this in the past and they are reviving this aspect of their business. I'm curious as well...

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'll try and bring it to FOLI Manhasset this fall.

14. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    i remember the segway hype. this better not be a damm scooter. ;)

15. buggravy

buggravy Karting

Jul 29, 2004
    Encino, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    This begs another question in and of itself. Napolis, I'm just reading this thread for the first time, but I seem to recall a few pages back where you said the inception of this car began in March 05 with Pininfarina. I think I also remember you saying you ordered an additional US spec Enzo as the platform. Ordered and bought have 2 different conotations. Ordered suggests cooperation, not to mention the oft suggested idea that there are a number of Enzos in existence above and beyond the original 399 (or 400).

16. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Page 6 he says it is a 2003 model.

17. buggravy

buggravy Karting

Jul 29, 2004
    Encino, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks. Got a little ahead of myself. Wouldn't want to add fuel to the fire.

18. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Are you planning to keep the Enzo gearbox and F1 shifting? Or will you be installing a manual stickshift?

:)

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Yes. I think it works very well in the Enzo but this is the kind of thing that Pininfarina could change if you wished.

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #170 Napolis, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Once again as I said the purpose of starting this thread a bit early was because people/rumors were starting to think/state things that we're not true.

I bought a new US spec. Enzo and shipped it to Pininfarina. My Enzo was part of the regular production run.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Jim had the Enzo been sitting around somewhere since 2003 or did you buy it in 2003 ?

22. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    While it was new and I am the first owner I did not buy it until 05. This is the car that was at FOBH. Pininfarina located it for me. As I did not buy it until 05 the warranty is still in place until 07. I wonder if my mods may have voided that? :)

23. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

LOL

24. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Very cool project Mr G.
    Can't wait to see the results.

Any chance of a limited run of Glickenhaus/Pininfarina F430's for sale to the public, alla Lancia Zagato Hyena? Admittedly, not the best business model, but fantastic cars.

Cheers
    Simon

25. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #175 Napolis, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017