f355 needs 30k mi svc and front bumper spray | FerrariChat

f355 needs 30k mi svc and front bumper spray

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by cfcorrado, Feb 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfcorrado

cfcorrado Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    Been in nashville since April, own a 99 355 and drive to ny and back a few times so the front bumper has taken a beating. Also, I've never had the 30k mi/5yr service. Do I need to bring it down to atlanta to get all this done and if so who would you recommend take my baby apart?

2. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    There is an shop in Hermitage that i think most locals use. Its by the Kroger
    on OHB. I dont own an Fcar so I'm not an expert but, you should get more replys.

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Roberto's # is 883-1611. He recommends steven's for paint.

4. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    FoA does a good job...If you are looking to stay in TN , there is a guy out of Knoxville who services Ferrari's. I forget his name as it was 3 years ago, but Martin at Cavallino Motors in South Florida would have his information. Good luck

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Your 30K service is an "engine out"... I'd suggest you take it (or ship it) to Ferrari of Atlanta for that. However, nothing wrong with using the local guys for everything else.

6. van22

van22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2005
    Absecon Island, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    VAN C
    just took my car to algar ferrari for a clutch and 30k service. found out all my updates where not done (obd2 sensor factory recall) also one of my cats was shot allthough i had no check engine light also under warrenty. you'll pay a little more at the dealer but got couple grand worth of freebees your local mechanic might pick these things up but charge you for them. hope this helps

7. cfcorrado

cfcorrado Rookie

Mar 15, 2005
    great advice. Had Roberto Branchizio do an oil change and fix the heater (good guy/good work) though I was a bit worried about the "engine out" service and a front bumper paint job. Was thinking about the dealer in Atlanta so thanks...chris

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    FoA does great work...they did the cam belt service on my BB512i a few years back and I have been well pleased. If you use FoA, have then send your bumper to Bo Pirkle to repaint...he is the best Ferrari painter out there IMHO...and he is who FoA uses for its cars...and so does the owner of FoA, Ed Weidick...

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Yes, as Frank said, you'll be VERY satisfied with any paint/repair Pirkle does.

10. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville

11. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Does Foriegn Cars Italia do 30K service? Ashville, N.C. area.

Ken

12. beezerhound69

beezerhound69 Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I second the thumbs up on Bo Pirkle: simply the best around. You'll never think it when you see his shop, but he does incredible work.