Anyone have any idea who bought Raoul San Georgi's 6c2500 1939 Le Mans replica? | FerrariChat

Anyone have any idea who bought Raoul San Georgi's 6c2500 1939 Le Mans replica?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by dretceterini, Feb 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    This is NOT really the PRE-War 1939 LeMans and 1940 Mille Miglia Alfa Tipo 256/6c2500 (of which only 19 cars were made within all coachwork variations, per Fabrizio Callagaras, a 6c2500 expert), but an excellent replica/reproduction based on a POST war, 3 carb Alfa 6c2500 SS. I was told it sold for 425,000 EUROs...a lot of money for a replica. Any idea who bought it?

2. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Doesn't Raoul run the register?

There should be ways of contacting him directly I think.

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    No Raoul doesn't. Mal Harris in Seatlle did, along with Tito Anselmi, but it has been "defunct" for at least 5 years. Peter Marshall in England runs a register/newsletter for 1900s and 6c2500s, but hasn't done one in a long time.

4. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Is this my old car ?

Anyone got a picture ?

Regards,

Bill Noon

5. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Here you go Bill, but it is of a miniature of the car in, 1940 MM guise. I do not have the chassis or motor number for Raoul's "replica". The real car was one of 19 pre-war Tipo 256 6c2500 Alfas (with babbit bearing bottom end), and also ran at LeMans in 1939. Raoul's replica is a post war 6c2500 chassis and a post war 6c2500 motor (with shell bearing bottom end). I was told he got 450,000 Euros for it, but that seems awfully high to me for a replica, no matter how good it is. I understand Raoul is also selling another 6c2500 either at Christies at Retromobile or at the Lugazzo auction..

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBR-ALFA-ROMEO-2500-SS-40-Factory-Built-1-43_W0QQitemZ6035363647QQcategoryZ112617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

BTW, Harris just sold the 330 GT 2+2...I was interested, but there ARE motor problems, and they were asking $70,000 as is...

They wouldn't tell me who the new buyer is, but that he also bought a 400I (or a Mondial) at the same time, and is Colorado. Sean Harris said that the buyer is going to totally rebuild the motor in the 330 GT 2+2. I didn't drive the car, but it had a little whitish-blue oil/water smoke out of both banks on start up...

6. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    The Alfa was not my car. Sure is pretty!

Sad about my old 330. Its the only one I ever had. I wonder if the motor let go from lack of use. Seems like no one drove it since I had it 3+ years ago.

It was regularly used and serviced its whole life until I sold it. Not good for a car use to regular use etc...

Hope the new owner gets it rebuilt right and has fun.

Warm regards,

Bill Noon

7. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Bill,

Didn't you have a real pretty black 330 GT a few years back?

Regards,

Art S.

8. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Yes, a pathetically over restored car. Sold it a couple of times. Like most Pebble Beach type restoration from a few years back it kept falling apart everytime you drove it.

Got bought by someone in Italy. He is the same guy who bought my car just for the Borranis and then sold the car back to us or traded it...cant remember them all.

Anyway long since gone.

Cheers,

Bill