Do you wash your hands? | FerrariChat

Do you wash your hands?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TexasF355F1, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you wash your hands?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It amazes me that number of people that do not wash there hands at work. This disturbs and disgusts me. While I've been taking care of "business" I listen for the sound of running water and I swear about 50% of the people do not wash their hands. It's even more disgusting when you see the people who drop the bombs and do not or pretend to wash their hands.

So my question for you is, do you wash your hands?

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    HELL YES!! Totally discusting when people don't. I also open the door w/ my elbow or a paper towel when I leave.

3. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Always, flush the toilet w/ my pinky finger. And open the door w/ my pinky as well if no paper towels around.

4. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    How the hell could you NOT wash your hands after a "business" run?!?! Thats f*cking NASTY!!!!

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    It is nasty to not was your hands. I mean after I pee on the floor, I always wash my hands.

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    wash your hands at work?

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Actually after i take a crap i go out of my way to turn on the water and pull a few paper towels to give the appearance that I did.....

8. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    If i am in public yes, but if in a field miles from anywhere then no :)

9. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    I'm very health conscious when it comes to public bathroom use. Always wash because you don't know what nasty f*ck has been up to before you touched anything he touched. I wish they would make it mandatory for all restroom doors to be pushed out from the inside so you don't have to use your clean hands. I hate those restrooms that only have the air blower to wash your hands with because you don't have any towels to use to pull the doors open with after washing them. Now at home, who gives a shiit.;)

10. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I work at a hospital & wash my hands at least every time I shake hands & always before I go into the OR even if my equipment isn't sterile.

11. WARDHOG

WARDHOG Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Bubbaland, USA
    Full Name:
    Disgruntled Dave
    What do you use because that's probably a lot of washing going on there.?

12. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Always after the bathroom, something just for the hell of it. I've very skeeved out by door handels in the office.... Basically any common touch point. There are some nasty people out there. I don't know why were taugh as children to cough and sneeze in our hand . That should be done in the bend of your arm or with a tissue/hankercheif.

13. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    In my line of work, I only wash my hands if the rubber gloves break. :D

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The only thing worse than people who don't wash, are the ones who run their hands under the water for a second without any soap and grab a paper towel and dry off - you think that did anything dummy?

I wash a lot at work - and I pretty much work on my own most of the time without much interaction with others. I do everything from running machinery to talking on the phone and I wash at least every bathroom trip and usually a few extra times too. I always wash before I eat something or after I "collaborate" with someone and we're touching papers or shake hands or something.

P.S. At every company I have worked at, people either keep a list of the non-washers or they ALWAYS talk about it - like "hey guess what, I was in the bathroom with Bob and he DIDN'T WASH his hands!"; and everyone said "ewwwwww!" and occasionally will make gestures to make fun of Bob when he's walking around the office. At one job, one guy kept a spreadsheet of non-washers and would give it out to people he knew were washers so we could avoid contact with the dirty pigs. So all of you who don't wash - don't think people don't notice. Not only do they notice, they KNOW you're not doing it and they think its gross, and they laugh plenty at your expense. So wash up!

15. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I wash. Period. It is sooo gross when people dont wash. When everyone around the office is getting sick I pull out my insta wash hand solution and douse my hands every hour or so for good measure. I rarely get the cold "travelling" around the office. People just dont get it.

16. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Old joke:
    Two men are using the rest room at the Pentagon. When they finish, one says to the other: "In the Marines, they teach us to wash our hands after peeing." The other replies, "In the Navy, they teach us not to piss on our hands".

But for real: In the rest room at the office, there's a sign: "Do not put paper towels in the toilet. Use only tissue paper. Do not put any paper in the urinals".

You have to wonder about towns where they actually have to put that on a sign.

17. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    This is entirely adequate for half the, err, equation.

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Here at work we have what they call "Common Shared Work Stations". These are computer stations throughout the production facility that are used by anyone that happens to be in the area working, 20 to 60 people in each area. I don't think I could have designed a better way to spread sickness than this system. Fortunately I get one of these to myself (mostly) during my shift. I spray the keybord with a mixture of alcohol and ammonia and use Purell hand sanitizer otherwise.

The most disturbing thing I have seen in a restroom is a person walking into a stall and zipping off a wad of toilet paper to to blow their nose into! Obviously they don't realize that people are touching these rolls with seriously contaminated hands! Blech!

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Haven't washed mine since I felt Angelina Jolie's breasts.

20. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When I'm in an office environment I'm completely OCD about hand-washing.. even if I didn't "go" I'd still stop in and wash up if I happened to be passing by. Additionally, I'd go though one of those large bottles of hand sanitizer every two weeks. I've never taken a sick day, so I guess it works..

21. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Nothing makes me madder than to go into a restroom in a restaurant, do my business, and find no damn soap in the dispenser. ARRRRRRRGH!

The only thing worse is to see an employee of said restaurant come out after you and to know for a fact the malignant little twit could not have washed his nasty damn hands.

Restaurants should have an alarm on the soap dispenser so they never run out.

If I was King.......non-handwashing people would be dragged behing horses.

22. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I am sort of a germophobe...I ALWAYS wash my hands after doin any business. I wash my hands at least 10 times a day other than just after going to the bathroom as I am in a business where I am exposed to all sorts of pathogens in the "back room" and shake a lot of hands in the "front rooms". I also carry a small bottle of alcohol gel in my suit coat pocket. I am not as bad as Howie Mandel but I am gaining on him :D

23. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yep, pretty OCD about hygiene myself.

One place I worked, there was a saga with a "toilet pirate" - he used to stuff the toilets with paper, then do the business all over the toilet, floor, even walls... and leave.

The poor cleaner had to fix this situation on at least 3 occasions, and we never figured out who it was (probably because in a meeting, we were told whoever was found to be the pirate would be fired, not to mention disgraced.

24. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hm it doesnt really bother me. At school with 950 other guys i just do the old wet the hands then dry and leave. Its not like I piss on my hand every time. Today is the first day I have been sick in about 5 years.

25. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    I do not understand why you still need to touch the door when leaving the restroom. Bathrooms are automated now, automatic flushing toilets, automatic on sinks and hand dryers. Why no automated door? Every Home Depot and supermarket has an automated front door, what is keeping the technology from the restrooms?