360cs at Bob Houghtons | FerrariChat

360cs at Bob Houghtons

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    nice example and in my budget. Anyone know anything about the car?

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Which one the red one or the black one (or is there a blue I haven't noticed)?

Jonathan

3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    black one is going back to owner - he wants too much for it. It's the red one im a little interested in.

4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    #4 jtremlett, Feb 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes, I know of it. Chassis number 136841 (as stated in the ad.). Two owners (both FOC members, so there's a clue where you might get some more info ;) ). It was at See Red last year. A couple of (poor) pictures below.

Jonathan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thankyou Jonathan - its not blue but ticks the other boxes. So i might do some more investigative work. Have you seen the car on any track days?

6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't think it is fair for me to answer that either way. Sorry!

Jonathan

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Rob, I'm sure if you ask the club nicely they'll tell you if its been on any of the FOC's track days yet.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I hope they won't! I think it would be unreasonable for you to go on a track day and then think the fact that you did would be available as information to others later on. It wouldn't do great things for track day bookings methinks. I think it is up to the owner(s) of a car to tell you whether it has been tracked or not, but with something like a CS I would personally think it pretty irrelevant as they were always intended as track cars. If a car was known to have had an accident that might be a different matter...

Jonathan

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Fair point.....but you could just look on the club website at the pics to get the same information.

your are right in that it should be down to the owner to tell you the history of the car, but as we both know sometimes an owner when selling the car may not be entirely truthfull (note, I havent got a clue whether or not this car has ever seen a track day)

10. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes, of course, and that's fair enough.

Yes, but in this case it is giving out information about the activities of a person (the owner) and that would be on thin ice as regards Data Protection as well as not necessarily good PR for track day bookings. Personally, I don't really see what difference it makes anyway. When I am looking to buy a car I want to see that it has been looked after in that the necessary work has been done. It wouldn't matter to me whether or not it had been on track if any worn bits had been replaced anyway.

Jonathan

11. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    If you use a car hard, expect it to be worth less at the end. It's just like high km's or bad service history. It's your decision how you treat your car, but I would expect a dealer to tell me the history of a car if I was buying.

I test drove 2 512TR's recently, one had been tracked regularly (still had scuffed semi-slicks on it when I drove it) it was a dog. Personally I'd want to know, just like I'd want to know if the services had been done regularly.
    The dealer (main) was happy to tell me that the car had been tracked a lot.

The guy who owned it definitely had more fun with his car than the owner of the other 512TR with half the km's and the pristine body work, but the price reflected that.

12. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well ive spoken to Bob Houghtons and it's not the car i thought it was so that's put my mind at rest. Just crunching numbers now.

13. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It wasn't the one crashed at the Silverstone track day last April, if that's what you meant!!!!

Jonathan

14. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Oi!!!!! I thought you couldnt comment!! What if the bloke that crashed it at siverstone is reading this and sees that youve dropped him in it!

15. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I said I didn't think it appropriate to comment on whether I knew if a particular car had been on track or not. I would comment if I knew one had been crashed or not. I haven't said which car was crashed at Silverstone only which one wasn't :) If that one were for sale and the ad said 'never been crashed' and someone asked me if I knew whether that were true then I would say.

Jonathan

16. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Thankfully we can post comments like that on here, without any possible repercussions for the FOC.

17. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Has the one at Bob Houghtons ever been crashed on a track to your knowledge?:D:D:D

18. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It has never been crashed on a track day or anywhere else to my knowledge. :)

Jonathan

19. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #19 360CS, Feb 14, 2006
    Rob

Does the fact that its been used on the track worry you??? Or that your worried its had a prang on track????

J :)

20. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Just the prang issue mate. But its not had one so that's cool.

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    just buy one

22. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Am going to. Just want to make sure i get one i can live with.

23. Aztec

Aztec Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2004
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sounds like your ready to sign on the line?

24. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    money talks! Lets see what the difference to change will be. Any guesses?

25. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #25 360CS, Feb 15, 2006

Rob dont rush mate its a buyers market at this time of the yr..

Joe