Mac book pro | FerrariChat

Mac book pro

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by elpadrino, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    any one have opinions on the MacBook Pro with Duel Intels? i was reading over the power thread and was looking into macs myself now.

2. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Been a Mac user for 8 years. Can't go wrong with these machines.

3. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    Its cool because you could possibly dual boot with windows, but I am not a avid fan of the Mac OS so I would stick to windows. The battery life will probably suck also. Wait until windows vista launches because everything will be 64 bit, dual core and be capable of HD graphics. It will be sweet, trust me. Apple makes computers that really catch the eye, but they're not worth the money IMHO. Professionally, more people use windows.

4. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    well the mac book pro is not out yet, and even yesterday they improved the specs they gave it a little more power on the cpu. About battery life no one knows for sure, you'll have to wait until they are out (supposed to be in about 2-4 weeks). The comment about one OSX being less than windows in the corporate world really depends. Sure you'll probably see a lot of desktops running windows because well, almost every computer comes stuck with it for now (although thats changing), but servers are mainly Unix-based or Linux-base MS share is increasing but not the most used, and OSX is based on Unix.

Windows Vista is not worth it for any time soon, will come hungry for resources and probably with a lot of problems, but my main concern is the "Rights Management" they will impose.

My advice is keep on looking around for notebooks many offerings out there for almost every need, if you can wait, I would wait until summer to see how the mac performs and to see what new hardware comes out by then.

Joe

5. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    yup i got until may (thats what i want to upgrade by) but ive used Vista (the beta version at least) i dont know it reminds me of Mac OS in some ways.