599GTB with F40 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

599GTB with F40

Discussion in '612/599' started by blackwood, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Bryan, that is exactly what I was thinking, the profile definately has Supra in it.

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Great pics....

Funny how the 599 GTB Fiorano would KILL the F40 performance wise....

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Funny how you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. And it's funny that you're comparing a car designed in 1988 to one made almsot 20 years later.

--Dan

4. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Yes, the last few (430 in Mexico and 430spider in Dubai) were really good

5. moulag

moulag Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    The F40 is simply the camera car!

6. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    ******* that 599 looks good....

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    The second one is a photoshop by a Fchatter.

8. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    It looks like the F40 nudged the 599 into a spin...

:D

9. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004

It can grow all it wants, but I'll be in an old age home and it will still be growing...come on this concept of designs "growing on you" is a load of BS. It is either beautiful or not and maybe some people can not come to grips with the fact that its just ugly and not up to Ferrari standards therefore they either make themselves believe its beautiful or they say it needs to grow on you...sorry to be blunt but you all know that is whats going on here...

10. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    At the 9th feb presentation in the pre-unveiling techincal speech they compared the 599 performance to the F40 2/3 times. We did wonder why they were doing this.

11. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    #64 ^@#&, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is how I would want it to look. In my previous posts I said I don't like the back because of the tail lights, so a friend helped me out and photoshopped 2 more tail lights on. I think it is a great.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #65 CMY, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think there is another reason why I'm lukewarm on this design..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    Ahhhhha! NOW I see what people meant when they were saying that the 599 looks like a Supra/C6/etc..... : The round wheels, the protruding mirrors, the cooling intakes that resemble "holes" in the chassis, the remarkable invention that protects the driver from the elements (known as a "roof"), the amazing transparent matter which allows for outward and inward visibility yet it is of solid material (I'm not sure what that is.... "glass" maybe???).

I have to say, the visually impared man is no longer blind! ALLELUYAH!!!!!

Sorry for being so cynical, but I really can't see what you're talking about. Nothing (apart from the things mentioned above) is similar.... its like comparing Alessandra Ambrosio with Britney Spears... sure, they're both women, its just that one is noticeably more beautiful than the other.

14. Doug H

Doug H Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    Too many curves, too busy or something about it. It is not aweful, but it is not a gotta have car like it should be for this price and marque.

I am not feeling the new front end designs of this and the 612. Why do humps on the fenders and lights like 911s. I like the flat, smooth and sleek looking front end of other Ferraris.

15. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

No disrespect intended, but you, my friend, need a new pair of eyes. I didn't like the car when I saw the initial drawings. It looked absurd. But the second I saw the live pics it all came together. It's a work of art. But then art is not understood by all.

Forza,

Cavallini

16. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Excellent, just excellent! I swear some people just need new eyes. That's the solution.

Forza,

Cavallini

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Those pictures just proved how beautiful the F40 is !

18. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Great shots Nej, many, many thanks!

Forza,

Cavallini

19. DJ4200GT

DJ4200GT Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    and how ugly the 599 is! I cant believe we have to live with this design for the next 10 years...=(

20. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    No wonder nobody understands those crazy people known as artists! :D

21. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

You'll eat your words in about six months when the entire 1st year run is sold out and the resale market trades this car for more than $300K. You heard it here first.

Porsche???? What are you smoking??? Please post a pic of what Porsche is even in the same universe as this car, other than the fact that they have four wheels, glass, wide tires, two doors, and are sports cars, which demands a certain similarity.

The flat, 2-dimensional shapes are gone, my friend. They were beautiful in pictures but in the flesh they can't compare with the new 3-dimensional designs that began with the 360. That's why the entire line is more difficult to see in photographs because photos are only 2-D.

When you see them in person they're breathtaking, much more so than a 575, 355, 456 etc, which are beautiful cars.

Forza,

Cavallini

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    From the RSportscars.com website:

Mike Olivella, who photographed the cars, commented: "At the staging area, they spent the entire time polishing and wiping down both cars. The F40 could blow the 599 away, but the F40 driver was careful to make it look like the 599 was every bit as powerful."

"The 599 had a V-12, 620-horsepower engine, but it was not in the same class as the F40," Mike Olivella continued. "Most of the spectators (the few that were there) commented that the car looked more like a JAGUAR than a Ferrari, and were more enthralled by the F40 than the 599."