Has anyone modded a enzo yet? | FerrariChat

Has anyone modded a enzo yet?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Carsonp, Feb 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    besides wheels, the one guy who chopped to top, and the stereos...

Im talking performance. I know there are some TT F50s, and tons of modded F40s, but i havnt heard of anyone trying to up hp in an enzo yet.

2. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    I've read something about a 900hp TT Enzo, I believe it was giallo with nero wheels. I don't know how true that is, but I read it here.

3. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I know some people have upgraded the exhaust. A member here has videos of the car being driven/revved etc, sounds unearthily mean.

4. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Yes, Maranello did, the FXX

5. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    dang you took it...i was thinking that when i was reading the previous posts. Oh well great minds think alike i guess. lol
    Matt

6. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I think he means in a street legal Enzo have there been upgrades to horsepower, besides an exhaust. :)

7. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    ive also heard that the yellow one with black rims (the one in monaco, 129581 i think it is) has something done to it that gives it a horsepower of somewhere in the 800-900 range, but thats all i know of other than the Tubi'd Enzo here and there

8. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    I've talked with an Enzo owner in 2004 and he told me his Enzo had 800 hp. He said it was an option he choosed when he purchased the car.
    So kind of a factory tuning. But that's all I know about it and unfortunately I haven't seen that Enzo again.

Martin

9. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    That one is from Montecarlo. So i am not the only one who heard of this modded Enzo.

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Jim G is working on one :)

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    LOL, thats a good one:)
    "Pimp my ride by Pininfarina"

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #12 WILLIAM H, Feb 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    novitec has enzo coming soon and hamman has already made one but no info was released about it

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Check out the thread on FChat about James G "reimagining the Enzo" (NAPOLIS). His efforts go well beyond some tuner like Novitec, he has changed the entire appearance of the car in a way that will cause you to drop your jaw to the floor, never to recover.

After that you will get on your knees and chant "we are not worthy, we are not worthy".

I do not believe this will ever happen again in my lifetime, you not only have the have the money and the testicles, you have to have vision. That eliminates 99% of the world's population. Just wait until August.

15. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Can any Enzo owners confirm this? That sounds very interesting if Ferrari did offer that as an option.

900hp is a lot of hp for the Enzo. Goodbye Veryon :D

16. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I have also heard that because the Mclaren F1 has almost no downforce for a car in it´s class it can reach the really high topspeed. The enzo has even more BHP but a factory lower topspeed But that´s because of it´s downforce, it will go way faster on a track but, if you lower a enzo with 2 to 4 CM and let the spoiler down ferrari said that it would be able of a topspeed in acces of 375 kmph. But that wouldn´t be safe because the car would become very loose like a F1 on that kind of speeds because of the lack of downforce.

I dont know how exactly true this is. Anyone else hear about this?

17. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    do you have that last pic in hi-res? [email protected] , thanks a bunch

18. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    Can this be substantiated?

19. jos

jos Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    /
    That would have to be the Monaco Enzo, no? It's the only Giallo Enzo with black wheels that I know of so it has to be that one.

20. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not true, the F1 is very stable at high speed and has a lot of downforce, especially at high speed. Its not "loose" and to say it has almost no downforce is just plain wrong. The reason it can reach that top speed is its shape, the enzo has too much going on in front, too much drag, thats why it can't reach the same speed as the Mac, its the wrong shape.

21. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    A Dane (John Nielsen) who have been testing the Bugatti Veyron for the factory said basically the same you said there about the Enzo and the McL F1.

If you want to reach the top speed in ther Veyron it takes AGES and there is almost no downforce when trying to reach top speed. otherwise it wouldn't be possible.

He also said the top speed have been electronically stopped at the 406 km/h.

What he also said was that it was a super fast car, but it is not a racecar, more a old fashioned GT, so Nürburgring Nordschleife is not something you want to do.

Test drivers say the acceleration basically stop around 380 km/h, and from there it takes around 55 seconds to get up to the 407 km/h (or almost 6km *lol*).

What is said is, when you try to reach top speed, the spoilers pull in, the two diffuce channels (?) at the front is closed and the body is lowered from 70mm to 65mm.

John Nielsen also said that while there is no doubt it is a very impressive car, maybe the most impressive ever, it is not exactly his kind of car. He still prefer the F40:D

22. mr.modena

mr.modena Formula 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Jaroslav Hanus

Koenig and his exhaust system?
    http://www.czechferrari.cz/obrferrtun/enzokoen.html

23. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There were a few (not many at all) enzos that left the factories with officially upgraded engines. IIRC they produced aprox. 720hp

24. WarrenF355

WarrenF355 Formula 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Newburgh, IN
    Full Name:
    Warren M. Rogers
    are there any performance figures released on these modified Enzos?

25. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl

The veyron does 0 to top speed in 20 seconds its also said to be incredibly stable at 250.