Saturday Drive starting from Seattle, FEB 18th! | FerrariChat

Saturday Drive starting from Seattle, FEB 18th!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Feb 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    In celebration of Enzo's birthday, and Steve Jenkins coming out of early winter hibernation, Steve and I are hosting an impromptu drive to the Semiahmoo Resort at Blaine, WA for a nice lunch. http://www.semiahmoo.com/contact_map.asp

Please meet at 9am at the south parking lot of the Northgate shopping mall. We will grab a quick coffee at Starbucks in the food court, and depart promptly at 9:30am. Map to Northgate Mall here:
    http://snipurl.com/e1q3 remember, south end of mall, in the food court!

Our routing will be northbound on I-5 to Arlington, then turn off and get on highway 9 northbound, on the east side of I-5. This will get us off the beaten path and onto some interesting twisty roads up to Bellingham, where we can rejoin I-5 up to Blaine.

Please remember to bring your FRS radios, and drive safely.

2. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Remember your V1s, too. Not that we'll be breaking any speed laws...

It will be nice to meet up with some old friends and spend the day honoring Enzo's 108th Bday in the appropriate way. I might try to put my new exhaust on the F40 this afternoon.....

Please RSVP to this thread if you plan on coming. That way, we can at least call and warn the restaurant at Semiahmoo how many people to expect.

Steve

3. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    At what time do you plan on arriving at Semiahmoo resort?

4. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    11:30am, wish I could make it, take pictures!

5. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Great idea, Dave. Unfortunately, I will not be able to take part in the drive up north but I will try to be at NG SB to say hello.

6. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    I'm game.

Unfortunately I don't have a radio, so i guess i'll try not to lose you guys.

7. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA

Dude, they are cheap.....just run to Costco or Target....make sure you get an earbud/mic accessory though, as it can be hard to hear sometimes.

8. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Sounds good, i'll go head out and find one.

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Costco is your best bet

10. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    Don't think I have time for the full drive, but will plan on meeting people @ the NG parking lot to say hi.

11. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What a great idea! Unfortunately, well actually really fortunately, my wife and I get to take home our son from hospital tomorrow -- he was born 2lb 11oz but now weighs a whopping 4lb 7oz, so that event's going to have to take precedence :) You guys have fun and enjoy the sunshine...

12. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    Just rearranged my day, I think I can make the whole drive.....

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Congrad on your new baby. I have a 7 months old at home, and it seems like only yesterday that my wife and I were on the way to the hospital. Enjoy and treasure these precious moments.

14. walawdog

walawdog Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Bluefield, WV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Dang it, I have to be at a meeting on Saturday so I can't make it. I guess I will have to go for a private drive afterwards somewhere in the Black Diamond/Enumclaw area.

15. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I play hockey tomorrow morning at 9h30 so when I walk out of the arena, I'll make my decision if come or not. If I make the quick trip down, it means I'll most likely be a little late but hopefully I can catch you guys!

16. parismodel

parismodel Karting

Sep 13, 2005
    Los Angeles/Seattle
    Full Name:
    Ashley Van Dyke
    Hey Davey thanks for asking me to go along...wish I could have joined you guys. I am sure this would have been a great day to do it! Hope you all are doing well. Kiss kiss. ;)

17. FerrariFreak12

May 18, 2005
    Yakima, Wa.
    Full Name:
    Casey Boutillier
    Wish i could have seen this ealier. Would have had my brother drive me up just to see you boys take off! Hope all were safe and had a good time.

18. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    A big THANKS to everyone who was able to show up and make this drive. It was a pleasure re-connecting with old friends, and making new ones. The weather could not have been better, the roads were great, and (knock on carbon fiber) there were no accidents or encounters with law enforcement (unless you count the FBI agent who tailed me for much of the day).

We had an M3, a Maser Bora, a Lambo Murci, a 308 GTB, F40, 575 Super America, 355 Spider, 512 TR, and a TR stopped by the parking lot to see us off (sorry you weren't able to join us this time, Anthony!).

On the way home, a few of us stopped by the Puma outlet store, because Nick's shoes were so cool I had to get a pair of my own.

Enzo would be proud of how we celebrated his bday. :)

19. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Oh how I was glad you guys arrived late at Semiahmoo, I thought I was going to miss you because of the 40 minute border crossing time!

A bunch of very clean cars showed up today and it must've been the first Ferrari meet with no 360 Modena...

Thanks Steve for leting me sit in the driver seat of your F40, it sure felt like a driver's car with the go-kart sized steering wheel and all that carbon fiber on the inside. It must be quite an experience!

So is it April 22nd that there will be a bigger event there?

20. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Wow, that was an awesome drive.

It was cold but what a nice day. Always good to see everyone and great meeting new people.

I was seriously laughing my ass off at some of the radio chat.

Here are a couple pictures I took

Wish I had someone manning the camera sitting shotgun so I could get a couple of pictures of the flamethrowers that kept passing me. Probably could string some hot dogs back there and have em cooked up before a pitstop.

Steve, i'm gonna have to hitch a ride in that beast someday. Seeing that car in action reminds me that all this school stuff should eventually pay off.

21. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Next Semiahmoo Drive is tentatively set for April 22, it will be MUCH bigger, because we are scheduling way in advance, and inviting our British Columbia FCA members to join us. But it is possible I might adjust the date one or two weekends further out....watch the FCA newsletters for changes.....

22. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    This years Cannon beach Event may be our biggest in history - Don't schedule your drive on top of that.

23. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

HEY - THAT SPEED LIMIT SIGN IN THE PHOTO HAS BEEN ALTERED!

24. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    No, it was not.

25. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Steve and Dave, it was nice to see both of you again. As soon as Michael is old enough, I will bring him with us for the drives :)

Nick, it was nice to meet you. Looks like you had a fun time, was it your first drive with the Ferrari crew?

And I apologize to the members that I didn't get to meet as I had to bail, hope to meet you guys next time.

Anyway, glad to hear that all of you had a fun and safe trip.