Tool kit wrenches | FerrariChat

Tool kit wrenches

Discussion in '308/328' started by michael bayer, Feb 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    My tool kit is missing the 8/9 mm Everest wrench. I have tried in vain with the usual Ferrari tool seller suspects to buy just that wrench, while several have full sets, they won't break them up. Plan B is to see if anyone here needs one or more wrenches that would justify buying the complete set and dividing it, any takers? Michael Bayer #14947

2. bwassam

bwassam Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    North Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Robert Wassam
    Do you have an inventory for the 308. If so, would you put it on the thread. I've wondered about mine and don't have a clue as to what's suppose to be in it. For example, there's some fuel tubes in mine. I can't imagine that Enzo pictured someone on the side of the road fixing or replacing their fuel lines.

Do you keep your tool kit in your car all the time? Just curious?

Bob Wassam

3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    My toolkit is fairly close to complete, I believe, but like you, I have no idea exactly what is supposed to be in it. Mine is currently in my car, come to think of it, and perhaps I should remove it. If anything ever happens on the road, it'll be a cell phone call to AAA - not an unwrapping of the tool roll - that will get me home. I'd hate to have them stolen, though...they make a nice "accessory" for the car.

4. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I don't know what wrenches came in a 308. Over the years Ferrari put various types of wrenches in the kits, among those, Beta and Everest, to say they were cheep tools is an understatement. They were so poorly made, even if they were free I would never use them. As to what should be in the kits, the factory parts manuals often contained a picture of the tool sets and list of components However, they do not list the makers of the tools, if you don't have a parts manual they are free to download on the Ferrari Owners site, its where the E Bay sellers copy them to CD and try to sell them. Michael Bayer

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Do you have an inventory for the 308 ?

This is somewhere in the 'search' - possibly old fchat - but its there - not suprisingly - I recall photos & inventory & pages from the parts book - if I remember Monday I'll try to find - or oyu could try looking yourself - also will have a friend look for wrench