Anyone Know TR mechanic CT/MA?? | FerrariChat

Anyone Know TR mechanic CT/MA??

Discussion in 'New England' started by 88BlackTestarossa, Feb 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88BlackTestarossa

Dec 3, 2005
    Simsbury Ct.
    Full Name:
    Phil Gaucher
    I have an 88 testarossa and am considering the 30,000 mi service (belts are 5 yrs old mileage aprox 7500 since done) any thoughts on a reasonable 30K service in the Hartford /Mass area ??? thanks.

2. LAMAROSSA

LAMAROSSA Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    CT for Now
    Full Name:
    Lamarossa G. P.
    Miller Motor Cars
    342 W Putnam Ave
    Greenwich, CT 06830-5243
    (203) 629-3890

bit of a drive for you, but i have many friends who had their cars service there with no problem and the service is great

hope this help

Lamarossa

3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
  4. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You might try Bill Pollard at Sport Auto in Gaylordsville. (860) 350-1515 (I'm pretty sure that's the number.)

He did an expert job on the major service on my 328 in the fall. Can't say enough great stuff about him, he lives, breathes and sleeps Ferrari.

5. 88BlackTestarossa

Dec 3, 2005
    Simsbury Ct.
    Full Name:
    Phil Gaucher
    know anything about Independent service in Ma..????.they are supposed to be a bit more reasonable (after all its 90 pct LABOR) and Miller is in Greenwich....need I say more..????

6. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Click on the link Dan supplied above and you're all set.

7. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I've had great luck at Boston Sportscar in Weston, MA.

Call Craig Fennell - 781-647-7300. I had them fix some stuff on my 348, and I had them change all fluids this winter.

8. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    KTR is located in Ayer, MA and has an hourly labor rate that is one of the lowest in New England!! 978-772-7800
    (they p/u & deliver if you'd like)

9. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I had a chance to speak to Mr. Chris Luciano at Peerless Motors - he does primarily Porsche, so I asked him about Ferrari service in MA. He gave me three numbers - KTR, Boston Sportscar, and IFS (Independent Ferrari Service). FoNE is/was a sinking ship, so they don't have many folks in the service department right now who can reach back into the 1980s.

I have no experience with any of these shops (I have called KTR several times about storage of my 308 and they've blown me off every time, FYI).

10. fmaderi

fmaderi Formula Junior

May 8, 2005
    clearwater Fla/NY
    Full Name:
    frank maderi
    you should check out all the shops n visit. best advice you can get . talk to the people that are going to actually going to do the work. bill's number is 860-350-1515 good luck forza frank you are luky to live where there are a number of top wrenches around.

11. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    KTR's storage capacity was overfull in October! Sorry!

12. Fred Cohen

Fred Cohen Rookie

Dec 1, 2005
    I had my 15k service done at Boston Sports Car. They did an excellent job. Right on time. No problems. Call Darren.

13. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    My '89 is currently having it's 30k done by G&A Import Auto Repair in East Longmeadow MA. The owner Giovanni "John" Gioiella did the 15k on my '85 308 last fall and I was very pleased with the results and price. He's very thorough and capable. John has over 40 years experience, is a Mercedes factory trained tech, and opened his own new facility last summer. He specializes in Mercedes, Ferrari, and Porsche. I believe he has a 355 scheduled next, but give him a call.... 413 526-5401 Address: 41 Fischer Ave. E. Longmeadow 01028.

14. T-A Tech

T-A Tech Rookie

Sep 16, 2005
    Western Massachusett
    Full Name:
    Jim Burke
    Not to hijack, but do any of you Western Mass. owners know anything about J.E. Robison Service on Page Blvd. in Springfield? Their website says they service Ferrari and Lambo, and I would really like to take my 348 to someone who comes with recommendations.

I'm going to give G&A a call based on your post, Phil. Nothing major needed at the moment, just brake fluid and coolant flush this spring. It's also nice to know of someone close by in case the need arises, rather than getting the car flatbedded to Boston!

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

bill is very, very good. he has worked on my boxer. and yes, the phone number listed in the prior post is correct. don't take chances w/ your car...let bill fix it correctly the first time.

16. idoc

idoc Karting

Apr 30, 2005
    Westchester,New York
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bill Pollard for sure. I wouldn't go to anyone else. What was stated above that he lives and breaths ferrari, is absolutley true. I wouldn't even consider bringing my car anywhere else. Save yourself alot of aggravation and give him a call.

17. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    RE:Not to hijack, but do any of you Western Mass. owners know anything about J.E. Robison Service on Page Blvd. in Springfield? Their website says they service Ferrari and Lambo, and I would really like to take my 348 to someone who comes with recommendations.
    I had a less than satisfying experience with them years ago when I first bought my 308. I noticed that I had a few small drips of oil after a few weeks plus it developed a fuel pump solenoid problem and on recommendation I took it to Robison. They replaced the solenoid and called me to say that I had major leaks and they estimated $3,500 to repair. Since there were only a few drops in three weeks I took it back hoping to get a second opinion. That's when I first found John Gioiella. He repaired the leaks, replaced the timing belts and did a couple other minor things for $350.00 ! Have been using John ever since for both the 308 and the TR.
    Also heard of another TR owner who was not totally satisfied with them.
    They have a been around a long time and do a lot of high end cars so maybe my experience was a fluke.

18. musicman102357

musicman102357 Karting

Apr 16, 2005
    Where is John Gioiella located??

I think you meant $ 3500 not $ 350 :-}

19. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    You read it correctly.... It wasn't a typo...$350 NOT $3500. He found a leak in the belt cover area. Replaced the belt and sealed the cover. No more leaks for five years.
    See previous reply for his address.

20. T-A Tech

T-A Tech Rookie

Sep 16, 2005
    Western Massachusett
    Full Name:
    Jim Burke
    Thanks, Phil!

Those are exactly the kind of first-hand experiences that I was looking for.

Jimbo

21. alfadave1

alfadave1 Rookie

Mar 5, 2005
    Terryville, CT
    Full Name:
    David Lemieux
    Hi.Give Steve a call @Auto Turismo Sport in New Milford CT(1 860 350 2128)
    (steve is my boss) His dad (Jhon Mastroianni) started the place back in the 60s(was in NY then)We have been working on Ferraris and Maseratis since then.His dad had the first GTO here( you can look it up in the GTO book)and has meny Beautiful ones since.We all have italian cars in our blood...lol.
    Dave

PS my email addy is [email protected] if you have any questions