Ferrari's in Thailand??? | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Ferrari's in Thailand???

Discussion in 'Asia' started by alx355gt, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drunkenmaster16x1

drunkenmaster16x1 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Great pictures Pat. Must be an amazing sight to see all those Ferrari's together. By the way, how many Ford GT's are in Thailand?

2. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    There are now 2 GTs...red and black.

In Thailand we have, 2 288 GTO and 2 F40s (right??), 1 F50, 1 Enzo, 1 CGT, not sure about SLR. The Zonda might be coming or has arrived and laid low.

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Not to worry. It took longer by a good bit to get in from the Air Port than I have had in the past.

I will be at the run though so hopefully I will see you all there!!! The Manager at Gusto showed me the wine you had and gave me a glass! There was also a nice new Masaradi (sp?) parked outside but I did not want to bug anyone by asking around whos it was.

Went to Pegassas last night for the first time. Man, that place was expensive even by my standards!!! Looked nice though. Good Scotch even for 900 Bht.

4. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Good to hear that yu managed to taste our wine and again sorry that we weren't there to welcome you on that evening.

Yes, Pegasus is only affordable if the bill is sponsored by the company.

5. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

I did some reflection last night and you know, I have spent more than that at clubs in the USA often. I think I was just looking at the big numbers and not doing the math to make in to U$D. I might have to go spend some time there toinight or next week when I get back from up north!

6. alos31

alos31 Rookie

Dec 31, 2003
    HAHA DrStranglove I thought that was one of the best parts of the trip. You spend 1000 baht on your drink and think man thats a lot then realize its only about 25 dollars haha. I only wish I had Euros haha. Now if only they didn’t have such high taxes on their Ferraris.

7. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Thanks for the ride today guys!! It was a blas to meet so many of you!! I will post up the pics I took in a day or so!

8. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Hi John,
    I hope you had a good time riding last sunday. Apparently, I did realize that it was a long weekend until the next day, that's why it wasn't a big turn up. Usually we have like 15 to 20 cars. We did miss a few blast driver. Very sorry to see Err's CS went quite just before the run. It could have been the hero of our run. Anyway, Err told me later that the car went start up ok after the mechanic showed up.... Hope the rest of your vacation is a blast like how it started.....

9. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    My CS went dead for a while... Thank you every one who was there trying to start it up. I felt better after you guys arrived...ha ha.

The mechanic showed up about 15 minutes after you guys left. He just took a look at the fuse boards behind the seats, and all of a sudden the CS decided to come alive again!!! I don't think it's the remote's battery that's bad because it has been perfectly good after that. My guess is something to do with all the sensor in the car. And cutting the power for 20-30 minutes wasn't enough. The mechanic spent about 40 minutes trying to get to the fuses and re-installed the cover back...I guess all the juice from the battery has died out by then.

Anyway, I took the car to Ferma for a check up just to make sure....

Too bad I missed the run....would love to see the Diablo 30th Anni in person.

10. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Hi
    sorry to hijack the thread.. but was wondering if anyone would want to meet up when i am in BKK
    Would be flying to bangkok for the weekend. Do PM me if anyone is keen to have coffee.. and talk cars.

11. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    This weekend??? I am stuck at home with my son.

12. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth

I will go to my usual early morning coffee on this Saturday (tomorrow) at Starbuck, Market Place, Thong Lor Road at 7:30 with my Testarossa. Please come say hello and chit chat cars.

13. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Patpong,

Do you have any pics of your Lotus?

14. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
  15. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

When do you get in??? Are you here now????

16. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
  17. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
  18. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Hey,... you're back in Bangkok now. How is Udon or where you went to the east??? Looking forward to see some pics you took from our run.... hope you had a good time.

19. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    It was great!!! It as good to meet the people and John's in laws. I was in a village near BuiRum (sp?).

20. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Ok I was at

118 Moo 9 (?)
    Bankadon Paisan
    Prakhonchai in Buiram

about 20 k from the Cambodian border in the middle of nowhere!!!!

Damn pretty though. Fields were all an emerald that I can only call "Rice Paddy Green" Amazing people. and "farounge" (sp?) bar called Time Out!!!

21. stuka

stuka Rookie

Feb 19, 2006
    Houston
    I had an amazing time when I lived in Thailand for three years and went to the International school back in the 90's.

My dream is to retire in Thailand with a nice fast car that I can somehow get past custom without having to pay the 200% duty, have a condo on Sukumvit, and a little house in Samui.

That would just be so sweet. Much much better than even coastal California.

22. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    It appears that we have 5 things in common. I have been there many times and have lots of family there. Thailand is the best place.

23. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    We all wish to get past custom and having not to pay 200+% duty... but in reality, someone did and most got caught and never see their cars again... Just think of it this way... it's a duty to use the super highway at all posible speed... not many places in the world you can do that.

24. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Hi Patpong,

Besides the expressway, what are some other good places you like to go to for performance driving, like places with lots of curves/turns, upshifting/downshifting?

25. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    For twisty roads, you have to go out of Bangkok. Saraburi, Chonburi, Hua Hin... they are about 1.5 hours driving away from Bangkok. Not my favorite kind of driving, you're better go for the track. The Harley dudes own these roads....