Arcade Game Sales and Purchase? (Are they really that expensive?) | FerrariChat

Arcade Game Sales and Purchase? (Are they really that expensive?)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by vipermann123, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    Anyone here sell Arcade Games?

I am looking to setup a gameroom at my new house.

I was considering purchasing one pinball game (Harley Davidson by Stern) and some Arcade Games like the following below:

Betson Fast and Furious Arcade Game
    Betson Enterprises
    $9399.99

Betson Target Terror Gold Arcade Game
    Betson Enterprises
    $5699.99

Namco America - TIME CRISIS 3 TWIN 50"
    $15,000

But the prices gave me a heart attack. Are these prices for real?
    If anyone know someone who sells Arcade Games here in LA shoot me an e-mail, and we'll discuss.

Thanks
    Uzy
    [email protected]

P.S> If you are courious, the link is below.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=695568&cp=2057737.711740.711786

http://www.betson.com/amusement/Video_Games/1-99

2. AaronB

AaronB Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Fallbrook, CA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Marks
    I have the ArcadePC Deluxe ($4999.95) from Hanaho Games (www.hanaho.com) with about 4,000 games on it. It's a PC which uses a MAME emulator to play the exact games from arcade days past. This one comes with 50 games loaded but finding the sim files on the internet is easy.

I've wasted many hours on this baby.

3. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    If you're setting up a "game room" you must have some fighting games. I have Killer Instinct 2 (THE best fighting game IMO) and actually looking to sell it. It's a dedicated machine--meaning it has the original side art and is an ORIGINAL machine from Midway. PM me for more details if you're interested.

4. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Go to one of the auctions that comes through town every few months or so. I picked up an original Donkey Kong in excellent condition for about $750. That's about half of what I see retailers selling these for. The auction was a blast because of all the inventory they carried. They probably had at least 1 of everything.

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Where do you find out about these auctions? Is this just a So. Cal. thing?

6. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Create your own MAME Emulator Arcade system, rather than buying one. Its rather easy to set up. My Computer acts as a NES, SNES, SEGA, PlayStation, N64 and various Arcade machines as it is and the only thing stopping me from making an arcade style platform is lack of space in my dorm room, next year I'll probably be putting one together for my Fraternity. All you need to make an arcade look alike is some plywood, paint, an arcade joystick controller (~$130), a computer and a monitor. And no, the parts do not cost anywhere near the 5k that HanaHo claims.

http://www.mame-arcade.com/

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I can help you, email me off line...

I used to have a gameroom or two, loaded with about 20-40 coin op games (classics). Space became an issue, etc. and now I only have one left.

But I can help you source games, good ones, rare ones, etc. Still a hobby of mine.

8. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Try gamedoc.com, video games for about 1200.00

Hope this helps