New guy here | FerrariChat

New guy here

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by F355spyder, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355spyder

F355spyder Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Hey guys..new member on the forum here. I like the AZ threads as I live here in Phoenix. NO Ferrari yet but I do own a '04 Gallardo that I abosulty love. I have always been a fan of the 355 Spyder and still want to buy one eventually one day but right now the lambo is enough price wise as I can't afford both yet.

2. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Let me be the First to Welcome you!

3. F355spyder

F355spyder Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    thanks............however after reading up on the 355's I'm starting to get the impression I don't want one as to the costs of upkeep etc etc. Don't like the 360 and the 430 performance wise is a sweet ride but it still carries the looks of the 360 and even then you still have to pay out the rear end to try and get one. Dam I really had my heart set on a 355. I guess I'll keep researching and see what I come up with but after readiing the "reasons I shouldn't get a 355 spyder" thread I'm a little hesitant.

4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I may understand your feelings, I've always liked the 355 coupe and spider. Ferrari are getting bigger and the 360 spider no longer has the small sports car feel of the 355/348/328/308. I went GT with a 550 and then the Challenge Stradale arrived. While bigger and not a drop top is a highly nimble car.

I'd encourage you to join the local Ferrari Club www.ferrariaz.com and attend the get togethers and drives. Your Gallardo would ABSOLUTLY be welcome!

Roy

5. AZLambo

AZLambo Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    F355Spyder,
    Welcome. I am looking to purchase an '05 Gallardo soon. I had the opportunity to drive one for a brief period, a few weeks ago. I would like to hear your thoughts on your '04. What other cars have you owned to compare it to? I have a '95 F355 Berlinetta, and have owned it for over 5 years now. No horror stories (at least not yet) regarding valve guides, exhaust manifolds, etc., .........all the things you hear about the 355's. I have heard that the spyders have had some problems with the seat motor and top motor, but I have heard this second hand. I have also heard that the F1 systems were not quite up to speed yet (1st gereration) on the '98's and '99's. Anyway, I started with a 328 for 5 years.....loved it.......then a '91 TR for a couple of years.....a little too heavy of a car for me, but very nice on the highway, ........and now my F355, which, after 5 years, I have no intentions of getting rid of. The 360 didn't do much for me, and the F430, appearance wise, just reminds me of a 360 on steroids. It seems like Ferrari does their 5-year changes with a major engine and mechanicals update along with a slight body change, OR a major re-style of the body along with a slight engine upgrade.......never both at once. Anyway, please get involved with the FCA-AZ chapter.

Jeff

6. F355spyder

F355spyder Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome guys!!! My '04 g car is my first exotic. I came out of the 4-door sports rockets. First an '02 M5 that I had for 2 1/2 years and most recently got rid of my '05 E55 a few months ago. I had 2 youngens that were preventing me from getting into a 355 or G car until last year. But now the time has come and I have thouroughly enjoyed owning the lambo and continue to do so. I'd be more than happy to join you guys at the next local event as I have yet to test drive a 355 and would be willing to swap test drives for those interested in driving the G.

7. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Welcome!!!
    Join us for a get together sometime.