Selling my 348, need some help on pricing... | FerrariChat

Selling my 348, need some help on pricing...

Discussion in '348/355' started by 92_348ts, Feb 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    OK, I have been with you guys on the site for several years now and trust you judgement. I need a "realistic" price for my 348. Basics as follow:

1992 Ferrari 348ts
    Black on black
    31000 miles
    30k service completed
    Speedlines/taillights/shields

NADA shows the car between $44k-$55k. DuPont Registry has the priced between $55-$75.

Also, how/where do I market the car? I'm reluctant to post it in the local paper because I will have everyone with a pulse wanting to test drive the car.

I will post some pics once I figure out how to reduce the size under 244kb.

2. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    I would put it on cars.com, ebay and of course the FML. Maybe Hemmings...they've never been a great source for me to search in.

Forget about the Dupont Registry...it's a dream world of pricing.

The Ferrari market Letter has it priced at ~$54k

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    If the 30k service was done in the last two years I would say about $53k. That is assuming everything works and the car is cosmetically in like new condition. If you want to unload it fast, post it here on ferrariads.com with a price of about $49k. I think the Ebay route to get advertising is okay. Be careful if you decide to sell to a bidder from Ebay. Lots of inexperienced sellers get duped into fraudulent payments through Ebay 'buyers'. You will probably get lots of exposure nationally with an Ebay ad. If you advertise in a local paper I think it automatically goes into cars.com (that is how I found my 348). Also Collectorcartraderonline.com is good for the 348 advertising. You can advertise through Dupont and be the cheapest 348 advertised and make out well. Those would be my 4 recommendations.
    BT

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Ebay is the best exposure for a fast sell. I sold my last 6 Ferraris on there without any problems, including my similar 348 last month which sold in only 2 days ($49K).

Stephane
    Scaledetails

5. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If your not interested in the quick sale I would list it at the higher price and take offers. You can always come down on the price, but people won't offer more. 49k would be a great price for the quick sale, but otherwise I would start around 55k-56k.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Another vote for eBay. I sold my 911 there last year and was lucky to have a reliable bidder the first time. I asked for a $500 non-refundable deposit on a $50K car and got that via PayPal right away. After that it took a couple of weeks to close the deal. Balance was paid via cashier's check.

The car got a lot of bids and sold for my Buy It Now price.

Best part for me was that there were no phone calls, joyriders, lowballer's, etc. Honestly if the buyer had fallen through I still had the $500, which more than covered my costs, and I could have re-listed it.

7. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Try Ebay first!!! I agree...

8. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    My 348 Spider is priced right and I got every stroker in the world trying to steal it from me. If a car sells real fast, then you undercharged and left money on the table. Ive found it to be a tough market and I watch it constantly. If the car is clean, tight and serviced with no stories, ask a fair price, but dont give it away and youll get your price. There is a lot of crap out there.

My thoughts...

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    That is true. If your car is in great condition cosmetically and mechanically you should not try to compete price wise with the cheapest car on the market.
    BT

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I priced my 348 @ $49K, and it was in superb condition, 1990 with 24K miles, Tubi and all, like I said it sold in 2 days, and based on the # of calls I received I realized I should have asked for more, so $49K may be too low for an asking price on your 92'. I think $53K is about correct in todays' market.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

11. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    Half of which are probably members here who constantly act to push prices down. Spring is around the corner, if you can not sell your Ferrari in spring, then you know your price is too high.

12. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good point. Don't forget you can always come down a little for someone that is serious. I would not try to be the cheapest either... It's all about exposure.

Post here and I'd say your car should be sold in 2 months max.

ferrariads
    dupont registry
    hemmings
    ebay

13. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C

Yeah.. I priced it a thousand less then other similiar, clean 95 spiders. I only did ebay twice.. Didnt do Cars.com yet. Im waiting for Spring time here in the North East.

Mr. Cats is actually going to make a go at selling it for me. I look forward to working with him. Im sure he'll talk me into a Diablo by the time this is all over.

14. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    I just purchased a 1990 GTS for $52,500 in November 2005- 10,600 miles. It had belt service 06/2005. Seller asked $54,000- listed on a dealer website I was familiar with- I know, I know, I drive a hard bargain, ha! Hope that helps-

15. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

I hope you mean "TS"? The GTS was only produced in 93-94'.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Sounds like a fair deal. Hope you enjoy it! I think this is what people are always referring to when they say 'buy the best you can find...' You can probably find cheaper 1990 348's but to get one with fresh servicing and low mileage you are going to have a more enjoyable ownership experience (in most cases). You will love the quick shift into third at 7400 rpm in second and the little shift in the rear tires.... Drive through tunnels every chance you get.
    :)
    BT

17. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    Stephane- you're correct, it's a TS (although my title says otherwise, ha).

18. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Slick car. I think the pricing should be around $53k-$54k (based mostly on the mileage). Of course if you would feel bad letting it go for less than say $51k you should not list it for that price. Nice badges. Please post the dimensions for Dasadrew in the other thread, he is going to do the recessed install like you have. Is the car lowered? It looks really great and very aggressive. Good luck with the sale.
    :)
    BT

19. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
    Wow! Just seen those pics and that car is stunning!

As just mentioned by Bill, I'm looking at recessing the scuderia shields on my 348 too. Are yours positioned by gut feeling, or did you have a GTCompetizione alongside to work from for the dimensions?

It would be great if you could help out with the positions!

Cheers and, in any case, best of luck with whatever you decide for the car!

Drew

20. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Std on GTC but were they not also available on tb/ts as a 1k option?

21. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Drew-I am heading out the door right now, however I will post pics of the step by step "shield mod" later this evening. The placement should be close to exact, as the measurements were taken directly off of an F355 with shields.

Chris

22. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
  23. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
  24. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
    That car is just so bada$$! Great! Hope you don't get too many tire-kickers. Reckon you might get a call from Darth Vader though! :D