How much do u pay for lawn maintenance ? | FerrariChat

How much do u pay for lawn maintenance ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by henryr, Feb 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i moved to a new home and am getting qouted anywhere from $200 to $500 a month.

2. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    How much land do you have? My neighbor uses a lawn service and he pays $75/cut, so 4x month means $300. He was complaining about the $1,000 bill he got for his fall clean-up. Buy a riding mower at Sears for $1200 and do it yourself.

3. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    $10 a month to fill up the gas can...

2hrs on weekends :D

for some oddball reason i enjoy doing yardwork :)

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm really lucky. I've had the same mower and blower for about 11 years. He's com from house to house with me. He charges my neighbors $300 per month, but only charges me $100 per month. I have a 29,000 square foot lot with 17,000 being flat. We pay extra for weeding and planting.

5. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Zilch as the Wife does it.

6. luxurybazaar

luxurybazaar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Peter
  7. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Buy a goat. A friend of mine actually tried this. He lived in the best area of town on top of a mountain. NICE houses and lots of woods all around. He had a friend who had some miniature goats that were really no bigger than a big dog. So he got the idea of putting a pair of these goats out back and let them keep the grass eaten down out in the wooded area down the hill behind his house. The goats could never be seen by anybody except his neighbors and then only if they looked down the hill. His kids also had a pet rabbit in a cage out back. The goats nibbled the grass and all went well for a month. Then one day his wife is driving home and finds one of the goats standing in the middle of the street. She takes the goat back home, only to find the other goat missing and the rabbit has been ripped out of his cage and killed. It looked to be the work of a bobcat or more likely a coyote. The remaining goat was apparently traumatized by the event because he somehow jumped the fence and has never been seen since. Or he was eaten by a coyote.

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

$35 a cut..............just over a 1/4 acre

9. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    $45 a cut on 1/2 acre lot. Couple $1,000 every spring to clean things up.

10. Ferruccio

Ferruccio Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2003
    olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan Gordon
    I own Gordon's Lawn and Landscape we serve the Kansas City area. Are normal price for a lawn is $35 a cut on a weekly basis. This includes Mowing, trimming, picking up the trash, blowing off the sidewalks, etc. Of course price will vary depending on the market where you live and the size of your property. I would get bids from at least three reputable companies and take the one that fits you best.

11. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    you guys are getting ripped off :(

12. blacknight

blacknight Karting

May 14, 2004
    Rowland Hgts
    Full Name:
    Rich
    $14/wk to cut grass and trim brushes and clean the place up on a 8000 sqft lot.

13. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

14. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I thought all you rich Ferrari owners just hired illegal aliens to do your yard work cheap?

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Dont like doing it--but Im with you, bought a nice John Deere and put it in high gear---I have a little over 3 acres..

16. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

$55 per mo. for a cut, blow and go.(including trimming the bushes and weed) :)

17. severtecher

severtecher Karting

May 1, 2004
    Tucson AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fox
    What's a lawn? Kevin in AZ

18. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    $40.00 a week and there is zero grass in the back yard

19. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    bobby bouchier drives a lawn mower back and forth to work... i know he's in lousiana.... might wanna see if he goes cheaper :)

20. Ducky355

Ducky355 Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    Oaks, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    It's included in my HOA fees :) along with snow and trash and the flower beds etc... Best $75 you can spend.