Need opinion on 328 at FOW | FerrariChat

Need opinion on 328 at FOW

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by gate53, Feb 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gate53

gate53 Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gatewood
    Anyone near Ferrari of Washington, available to do an inspection of a 328? Please e-mail or private message me.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The black one???

3. gate53

gate53 Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gatewood
  4. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    its a nice car that had a tan interior and now its red. That's why the package tray is tan. I think it only has like 24 k on it. Not a bad buy but not a great one either. All of the service is up to date.

5. gate53

gate53 Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gatewood
    Thanks JB.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    If you need more help, let me know, I'm out there all the time. Can send detailed digital pics.

Have you contacted a salesman yet? If not, I'd start there, FoW are straight shooters. My salesman is Ralph, 703.478.3606.

Good luck, Will

7. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Will is right...give Ralph a call with your questions, concerns,etc. He'll tell you like it is, no doubt about it.

8. tasty348

tasty348 Karting

Jan 13, 2006
    Ocean City, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Christopher and Amy
    I drove the car four times in December and it ran great. Ralph showed me their service invoice and it totaled arund 10K. I think he called it a "major-plus service" or something. The temp controls in the center console did not work properly and the plastic was loose. It comes from some prominent family if I remember correctly that have owned other Ferraris. The seats do look and feel new. There is a little wear on the driver side bolster. I thought, relative to another 328 I looked at, that it was a little slower. Other than that, the car was flawless. Ralph did say he would dye the side of the seat and have the temp. controls fixed. The engine bay was flawless as well. I narrowed the 4 328's I was looking at down to this one due to it's cleanliness and very recent service. Black and red is what I wanted but ultimately I went with a black/red 348 TS instead. It took a full month to decide. Took delivery of it a few weeks ago. I might have some more info on it laying around. Let me know if you need more.

9. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    That's an asking price, isn't it?

Are there no more Kelly Blue Book values for Ferraris? (Then what does NoVA base their car taxes on?)

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
  11. gate53

gate53 Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gatewood
    Thanks guys for all your help

12. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Gate,
    I saw this car the other weekend and outside of the comments already posted the car has "rock chips" all over the front hood. Some filled in well others terrible. I was surprised at how bad the front hood was. Just some extra info, good luck!

Robert

13. gate53

gate53 Rookie

Jan 21, 2006
    Hillsborough, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gatewood
    Thanks Robert, decided it was a "pass"

14. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    In all fairness the asking price was just that. The thing I like about FMOW is that they are willing to work with you. In fact I made mention of the rock chips too. I would drive it if you haven't. For no other reason than to compare it to other 328s you may drive.