Service record states | FerrariChat

Service record states

Discussion in '308/328' started by bigdreamer, Feb 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigdreamer

bigdreamer Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Wash. DC area
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    an engine electrical problem. There was an engine misfire. Water in spark plug holes. How did water get into this area? Looking carefully at the records before buying.....Car also sat for a few years and will need the 30k. Anybody in the Phoenix area that knows reputation of Ferrari Alternative Service and Repair garage @2020 E. Bell Rd.?

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not much information to go on... what model? What year? Current or old problem?

Some of the mid-engined cars (308/328/348/355) have vented rear decks that let water into the engine bay. Bad spark plug boots and a good drenching might be one cause.

I use minimal water when washing the rear deck on mine, and keep a towel over the engine during washing.

3. bigdreamer

bigdreamer Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Wash. DC area
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    in a sharp blue. I'll be going to Phoenix to check it out. Car has records dating back to when first purchased. Getting a ppi at the garage mentioned, quotes for ppi and 30k might be too good to be true.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You'll see exactly how water can get there when you look at the car.

PPI should run $400-$500 including compression/leakdown tests. A 30K major service with nothing else is $3K-$4K, but there's always "something else."

Darker blue 308's are neat. Good luck. Maybe post in the AZ section for feedback on Ferrari Alternative Service.