Classic Cars by Renucci in Phoenix??? | FerrariChat

Classic Cars by Renucci in Phoenix???

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Horsefly, Mar 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    In the general thread section, I posted a question about the CalSpyder replica of the LWB spyder. According to a link posted to KitCar.com, the new company that is/will be making the CalSpyder is "Classic Cars by Renucci: currently being relocated to an all new design and manufacturing facility in Phooenix, Arizona close to Sky Harbor International Airport"

Anybody in the Phoenix area know anything about them? Are they actually up and running? I was wondering if the fiberglass body could be purchased by itself. I will probably send them an e-mail, but when dealing with kit car companies, it's always best to get a second opinion from somebody in the area and see if reality matches the hype.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    From superpages.com

Classic Cars by Renucci
    Phoenix, AZ 85034
    (602) 437-1808

3. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, I found the number as well. But are they really making any bodies or chassis/cars yet?

4. 308328LOVER

308328LOVER Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Lenoir City, TN
    Full Name:
    Thomas Geer
    #4 308328LOVER, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is more information.
    I emailed Classic Cars by Renucci
    and here is what their reply was :

==============

As discussed we are producing the Calspyder again in our new facility in Phoenix and produce the car in both kit and turnkey versions.

I've attached a file which gives a pretty good overview of the Calspyder and has the pricing info for both the kit components and the price range for the fully complete turnkeys.

Also attached are a couple of recent photos of one of our customer's cars for info.

Hope this is enough info for now, but if you need anything more please contact us again.

Best Regards,

Mike Renucci

================

I am also interested in their product.

I hope that this helps.

Tom in Tennessee
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

daliguy1 likes this.
  5. 308328LOVER

Sep 11, 2005
    Lenoir City, TN
    Full Name:
    Thomas Geer
    Here is more information per email.

===================

Ordering process is as follows:

1) Exact specification and price agreed with the customer and contract prepared and signed.

2) A stage payment process is used - usually:

* 30% Deposit - allows body and frame to be ordered (long lead items)

* 25% when rolling chassis is completed (excluding powertrain)

* 25% when body is painted and powertrain installed on the chassis

* 20% on completion prior to delivery to customer

On timing, as I mentioned we have a backlog of four cars to finish so it would be several months before we could start a fifth one full time, but if you were to order one soon we could get started by ordering the body and frame (which are done by our suppliers) so that these would be ready by the time we finished the four cars.

Hope this answers your questions but if you need anything more please contact us again.

Best Regards,

Mike Renucci

================

I hope this answers some more of your questions.

Thanks

Tom in Tennessee

6. 308328LOVER

Sep 11, 2005
    Lenoir City, TN
    Full Name:
    Thomas Geer
    #6 308328LOVER, Jul 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    What is their current e-mail address? I e-mailed to them a few months ago with some questions and never got an answer. And their former web site, calspyder.com is dead.

8. 308328LOVER

Sep 11, 2005
    Lenoir City, TN
    Full Name:
    Thomas Geer
    Here is their email :

[email protected]

Here is their temporary website :

http://www.kitcar.com/calspyder/home.html

====================

I emailed them and finally got the response
    that you see above.

I also talked to Mike Renucci
    on the phone. All that you see
    and read above was about 2
    months ago.

Good luck . . .

9. F1Marko

F1Marko Rookie

Aug 7, 2006
    Hi, if anyone is having trouble contacting Classic Cars by Renucci, send me a PM or e-mail and ill see what i can do to help ( for the record im Mr. Renucci's nephew and helped with the starting of the company)

10. fbueller

fbueller Rookie

Oct 12, 2006
    308328Lover - I live in TN also (Germantown) and have one of the original Modena Spyders like the ones used in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. These cars can be identified by the short wheelbase type hood as contrasted with the newer CalSpyders which have the long wheelbase type hoods. Let me know if you are in the area and you can check it out if you like. I've had it four years and, after making a lot of improvements, am well pleased and will probably never sell it.

Pictures of it are posted on the Memphis Cars Italia web page for the 2006 Exotic Italian Car Show at http://www.mcicars.com/carshowpics06-1.htm