freeride2 | FerrariChat

freeride2

Discussion in 'Texas' started by FarmerDave, Oct 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.
    :)

My name is David Mulvey and I'm a new silver subscriber. I don't own any Ferraris save the 1:18 flavor, but I do have a sliver of personal "provenance" that I am going to leverage to feel like a part of the club. Until my butt-busting pays off and I have an F-car in the garage.

I frequent TomYang.net like I'm sure alot of you do, and I posted my little Ferrari story on his "Ferrari Stories" section a couple of years ago. So just read this if you want to know why my blood turned Rossa Corsa.

http://www.tomyang.net/cars/story16.htm

I'll go ahead and state my allegiance to Texas Tech, but I don't think we will have any problems, cause most 'horns and aggies don't count us in the mix anyway... Just don't speak badly of Coach Knight, cause I may take some offense to that. :)

As for my trade, I am a budding insurance salesman (Yeah, I hear you groaning, oh, sh*t, I bet this guy just wants to make contacts with successful guys so he can sell insurance.) Here is my pledge:

I will not mention insurance ever ever ever unless someone else brings it up and asks me a direct question, or asks for general advice in the forums. I make plenty of sales without resorting to gladhanding for the sake of gladhanding, and passing out my business card like I'm dolling candy out to trick or treaters. Guys that do that are desparate and annoying and they suck.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that should give you a general idea of who I am. I look forward to many great conversations on the forums and in person! :)

2. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

My name is David Mulvey and I'm a new silver subscriber. I don't own any Ferraris save the 1:18 flavor, but I do have a sliver of personal "provenance" that I am going to leverage to feel like a part of the club. Until my butt-busting pays off and I have an F-car in the garage.

I frequent TomYang.net like I'm sure alot of you do, and I posted my little Ferrari story on his "Ferrari Stories" section a couple of years ago. So just read this if you want to know why my blood turned Rossa Corsa.

I'll go ahead and state my allegiance to Texas Tech, but I don't think we will have any problems, cause most 'horns and aggies don't count us in the mix anyway... Just don't speak badly of Coach Knight, cause I may take some offense to that. :)

As for my trade, I am a budding insurance salesman (Yeah, I hear you groaning, oh, sh*t, I bet this guy just wants to make contacts with successful guys so he can sell insurance.) Here is my pledge:

I will not mention insurance ever ever ever unless someone else brings it up and asks me a direct question, or asks for general advice in the forums. I make plenty of sales without resorting to gladhanding for the sake of gladhanding, and passing out my business card like I'm dolling candy out to trick or treaters. Guys that do that are desparate and annoying and they suck.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that should give you a general idea of who I am. I look forward to many great conversations on the forums and in person! :)

3. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

4. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

5. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

6. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

7. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

8. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

9. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

10. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I'm a man
    of little wealth
    and no taste.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No, please do mention you're in insurance. I'm desperate!!! What company are you with? Progressive has me bent over a barrel right now. Allstate wouldn't insure me because I have 2 tickets on my record in last 3 years and a liabillity claim.

So my story is 1 of the tickets was in construction zone, so couldn't get deferred.

2nd ticket with Jim Schad in Irving, filled out ticket to be deferred, only when I went to Allstate this year to get insurance did they tell me the Irving ticket was still showing up. I went and talked to the judge and he wouldn't correct because it had been over 12 months.

Earlier this year I drug my enclosed trailer under a clearing pole. Only knicked the AC on top, but pushed it through the roof. $1,200 liability claim to fix the pole.

So I never drive on the track, I don't race cars, and my 355 is street legal! Please insure me. :)

Whoever can insure me first for a lot less than Progressive can have my Home insurance, Valuable properties, and Business insurance. All will provide revenue to the insurance Co. of around $10,000 a year.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No, please do mention you're in insurance. I'm desperate!!! What company are you with? Progressive has me bent over a barrel right now. Allstate wouldn't insure me because I have 2 tickets on my record in last 3 years and a liabillity claim.

So my story is 1 of the tickets was in construction zone, so couldn't get deferred.

2nd ticket with Jim Schad in Irving, filled out ticket to be deferred, only when I went to Allstate this year to get insurance did they tell me the Irving ticket was still showing up. I went and talked to the judge and he wouldn't correct because it had been over 12 months.

Earlier this year I drug my enclosed trailer under a clearing pole. Only knicked the AC on top, but pushed it through the roof. $1,200 liability claim to fix the pole.

So I never drive on the track, I don't race cars, and my 355 is street legal! Please insure me. :)

Whoever can insure me first for a lot less than Progressive can have my Home insurance, Valuable properties, and Business insurance. All will provide revenue to the insurance Co. of around $10,000 a year.

13. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.
    Either call me at the number I gave or, I can introduce myself to you tonight.

-David

14. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

15. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

16. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

17. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

18. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

19. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

20. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

21. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

22. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - I emailed you.

-David

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can't access email at work, but I'll talk with you tonight.

Thanks,
    rob

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I can't access email at work, but I'll talk with you tonight.

Thanks,
    rob

25. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Cya there.