SMACK DOWN!! ATTENTION LAMBO GUYS!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

SMACK DOWN!! ATTENTION LAMBO GUYS!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by zsnnf, Mar 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Erick

Erick Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2006
    Altadena
    Full Name:
    Erick
    just noticed that in **********.com under the "Ultimate Supercars" thread it lists 2 Ferraris......

2. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    While looking through that section did you notice a 308? a 355? a 360?

F40 and Enzo are Supercars.

3. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc
    As much as I hate to say it (since I'm so enthusiastic about witnessing the the glory of so many Italian masterpieces on the track), this may be a bad idea. There is way too much ego involved.

It's unfortunate that there is so much animosity between Lambo and Ferrari owners. And yes Allan, that is spoken like someone who owns neither. I may not yet be fortunate to have formulated my opinions based on ownership, but that doesn't mean that I'm not entitled to them.

When push comes to shove, a lightly tuned P-car will trounce the lot of you on the track. An American muscle car will smoke you at the strip. But neither of those have an ounce of the style exuded by Ferrari and Lambo, and THAT'S the point: style and passion. Your cars are built to be enjoyed. So Y H8T?

4. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Marc,

No one here is stupid enough to throw away their $100k plus car trying to defend their forum smack. I don't think ego is entering the equation. Just sounds like a nice excuse for a track day to me :)

5. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    let me know when and what track I would defiantely like to come and get some track time on my car.

6. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc

I'm not thinking the cars are in jeapordy. I'm thinking physical altercations ;)

But I hope you're right, because it would be an absolute blast to watch.

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No Animosity here... I would love to come just to se the F40 and CT on the track. I'm a huge fan of both!

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    If there's going to be a slow group, I'd love to bring my 308 GT4 out to play.

Hey, someone's got to finish last.

(My preference if for WS over BW, but really doesn't matter too much which one).

Dom

9. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003

I think a Button Willow event is in our near future. Should be fun. Too bad the only serious Lambo guy's on here are Emil and Wayne....

10. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    With all due respect, you are dead wrong on this issue...the 06 C6 Z06 that posted the ring time of 7.429 was a stock Z with a production engine and standard run flats. The ONLY mod was the seat and the addition of a 3 point harness. This has been verified by Chevrolet in Corvette Quarterly (a GM publication), and also by the driver in the test. Yes, he is a C6R driver (may have been Magnuson, i'm not sure), but the the car absolutely was stock. If you attend eurosundays, I can show you the articles.

11. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    Right on the Money

Any excuse is a good excuse for a track day

12. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    Im down for the track day.

13. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    I beg to differ. I have read the articles, and the Corvette people OPENLY admitted they spent WEEKS, tweaking tire pressures, and suspension settings in order to record the best time. They also used a race driver very familair with the Corvette. So if you think its far to compare this time, again the times of Horst Van Sauma, who is the guy who sets the times for all the other cars, youre wrong. He barely knows each vehicle, goes in, takes a couple of laps records his time and goes home. We shall see the time he sets, behind the wheel of a real production Z06.

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Alan the time has come for Lambo Power to put up or shut up. Come up with your best lambo and driver. Race Rick in his F40. When the flag drops the bulls hit stops and IMO Rick will leave any street legal Lambo and any driver Lambo Power can come up with far behind but that's what real racing as opposed to Magazine racing is about. To see what the truth really is. Too see if I'm correct or not. How about BMW Racer and his 650HP G? Seems like a fair race to me.

15. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    It'd be fun to take the Anniversary out for a drive. It'll be good for a lap or two before the brakes fade. Any dates in mind?

16. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    I think its time for you to shut up. You come up with a race between a HIGHLY modded stripped out car, and challange a guy who you know is in Canada in a street car.

17. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.

that is what Im asking.

18. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc

A 650HP G isn't "highly modded?"

19. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    That is not Bmwracers car.

20. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Alan I'm talking about the 650 hp G Aram's building not Wayne's TT which as I've said isn't a race car. Aram's car is highly modified for the race track and as I said would be a fair race with Rick's F 40. A fair race for you would be a Murcie vrs. Bill H's TR. Feeling lucky?

21. blackwood

blackwood Formula 3

Dec 15, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Marc

Okay.

I was confused as you were responding to "How about BMW Racer and his 650HP G? Seems like a fair race to me."

My bad.

22. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    Boy you really like to talk out of your ass. As far as I know, and of course you know, Bmwracers car is nowhere near complete. I dont even know if he has even started the project.

As for Bill (William H) and his gutted, stripped, powerplant modded, suspension and brakes modded TR on race slicks vs a street Murci... thats another one. Id say your comparisons make as much as sense as me trying to decide if your movies would give the movie Titanic a race for an Oscar. Maybe Titanic is not a good example. How about GIGLI?

We need reg street cars. A Gallardo to run against a 360/360CS/430

Murci/Diablo vs 575. Countach vs BB or TR.... And you need drivers of equal skill.

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm sure Rick will be happy to wait for Aram to finish his car. As for you how about you in a M and one of Rick's friends in a 599? MSRP about the same. New M/599. On a race track. You feeling lucky? That's what Rick's asking. The other races you mention would be fair as well. Lambo Power gonna meet the challange Rick threw down?

24. TURBOALEX

TURBOALEX Rookie

Aug 23, 2004
  25. GSpyder

GSpyder Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 10, 2006
    Maui, Az, FL
    Full Name:
    Allan-Lambo
    How about Rakjoe in an M, or Bmwracer in an M, vs the 599? Or even Bmwracer in his G?

WIth me, you beat the driver, not the car.