Anyone have a george foreman grill? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone have a george foreman grill?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dom, Mar 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I have one and I like it. :)

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I have one and it's still in the box.

A friend gave it to me, she makes hot dogs on hers. That's about all it's good for it seems.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I have one, used it a little, stopped.

It is a major pain in the ass to clean, and it is a major pain in the ass to clean. I might add that it is a major pain in the ass to clean. The other drawback is that it is a major pain in the ass to clean. Did I mention that it is a major pain in the ass to clean? Yes, it is a major pain in the ass to clean.

In conclusion, I conclude that it is a major pain in the ass to clean.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    No kidding.. it really is.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    My mother used to have one and would make me burgers on it. They were very lean, but still pretty good. Not as good as real grill, but better then no grill. :p

6. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Im a college student and do not have one...lol. My brother and sister both have them and I can't stand them. Sure they are lean and mean, but my burgers and steak needs some juice to taste good. Hank Hill pretty much summed it up when he called it a novelty grill. Its not a grill, its an iron.

Mark

7. jimwalking

jimwalking Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2006
    It's a waffle maker. I received one as a Christmas gift, maybe I'll re-gift it next year.

8. Andrew1316

Andrew1316 Guest

Jan 19, 2006
    SoCal!
    I have the grill and I love it, I mainly cook steaks and chicken breast on it. The cooking is very fast and easy.

9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I don't like it. I only used it for chicken. To me the food always tasted strange. The real grill is much better and doesn't take any more time if you consider how long it takes to scrub down the George Foreman when you are done. That non-stick stuff isn't so non-stick.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Man, didn't know there were so many amateurs here.

11. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Here's how to clean your grill in a hurry:

Let it get hot. Very hot.

Scrape slop off into little slopjar tray.

Done cleaning.

Ground Chuck up real good - torture him with some crackers and essential spices - dump an egg on him and make a mud pie.

Put meatloaf on still hot grill.

Although such isn't the case here, the appropriate movie scene blaring in background would probably be "It just doesn't matter." from Meatballs.

Right now, drag races are on. It just doesn't matter, because I need to go back in the kitchen.

Go open (important) a can of green beans, put it in a clean (important) pan. Set flame about yea-hi.

Flip Chuck over.

Skin a cucumber alive, moiderize a couple of Eye-talyun tomatoes - terminate some baby carrots and a little bit of illegal onion, throw some grass clippings and exotic spices from around the world on the whole mess, then dress it all up in the poison of your choice and call it a salad.

By the time you do that, George has cooked Chuck and is awaiting your blend of non-Heinz ketchup and/or BBQ sauce. Smash lid back down for another minute and call it a Meatloaf Dinner.

Leave grill messy until next time.

12. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    good for grilled cheese or panini

13. Chad072

Chad072 Karting

May 11, 2004
    Humble, Tx
    I have one and use it everyday. I'm kind of a health nut and try to eat a lot of low fat, high protien foods, so I use mine for just salmon steaks and chicken breast. If you season your stuff a couple of hours before hand, it doesn't taste that bad. It's no gourmet meal, but hey, you have a quick lunch in a few minutes. I cook with it right next to the sink, and once the food is finished, I take a wet sponge, wipe it down, then take a couple of paper towels to dry it with. Total clean time is about 1.5 minutes. People who complain about it being hard to clean probably let it sit and cool off before they do it. Ever try to clean a bowl with oatmeal left sitting in it for a couple of hours? Same concept. When the surface is hot, the oil and grime come off a lot easier. It takes me longer to boil the bag of instant brown rice I eat with the chicken/fish than it does for me to cook with and clean the grill.

On a side note, George lives about 10 miles away from my dad in Huffman. I've driven by his house, but couldn't see much due to the ~8ft stone fence surrounding the property. I was interested in how big it was, so I looked up the tax records from the tax accessors website, and it's like 12,000 sq/ft!

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Well, when you are the size of 3 normal men, you need the extra space. :D

It still amazes me that he had one of the strongest punches of anyone in boxing...while at the same time coming across as a nice warm guy you would let your kids sit on the lap of. Thats a real man...Can you same the same for Tyson?

15. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's a pain to clean if you cook manly food on it. It doesn't matter if the thing is hot or cold, it's hard to clean if you cook more than quiche on it.

16. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    I have one, as does just about every college kid you'll meet these days. They aren't great but do a decent job and are easy to stash in a dorm room. I don't think i've used it in the past few years though.

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.

You have to get the one that you can romove the plates. Just soak them and it's a two min. job to clean..........

18. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Korr: How is it to clean?

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    There's a neat trick to it... ;)

You take those looooooong Q-tip swabs and kinda twist and push all of that the gooey, sticky mess out of the little channels.

Ever done that?

20. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    edit: remove is the word I was looking for.

romove is the Italian version........

21. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    $&#$*#$&#@*@$&%%^%%$ Easy! The sandblaster keeps ruining the finish on the kitchen sink, though.

22. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    I been saving this bit of knowledge 'till the approach of spring, and the onset of the beer and burning season.

To clean your grille: get a heavy plastic bag/insert grille(s)/pour in one half bottle of ammonia/tie the bag closed/ lay it flat overnight.

The above technique works for barbeque grilles. I can't remember if the Foreman grille is removable. If it is, ammonia would work to clean it, too.