Ahwatukee Ferrari Spotter | FerrariChat

Ahwatukee Ferrari Spotter

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by nerd, Dec 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Red 355 pulling into Canyon Reserve tonight. Tell me I'm not all alone here in Ahwatukee, please!

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Anyone on FerrariChat own the black 348 spyder at Safeway (Chandler & Desert Foothills) tonight? Quite surprising in Ahwatukee to have another Ferrari to park my 550 next to while buying groceries!

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Saw a Maserati Quatroporte parked around the corner in the neighborhood at Ellsworth and Baseline in Mesa.

4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Yellow 355 Spyder on west bound Chandler Blvd. in Ahwatukee tonight.

Please tell me I'm not alone here in the Phoenix slums....

5. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Hey Roy - if you want company you're going to have to bite the bullet and go north young man.

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    We're fine here in the slums. A few pro golfers, a few Diamondbacks and me living large in Ahwatukee. Plus, I'm 10 minutes from my office and my wife is 15 minutes from her's. If I moved to PV I'd be just another poor guy driving used Ferraris.......

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well at least Im sure Alex would keep you company!...and if you ever get bored with his real Ferraris..Ive still got millions of little Ferraris all over the house

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I saw a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR out there tonight if that counts?

9. jdimock

jdimock Rookie

Feb 1, 2006
    Scottsdale
    That might be more rare than most F cars in this country.

Hello everyone,

Although I am not a Ferrari owner yet, I am in the Mesa area i have found it is not uncommon to spot a Ferrari in the Val Vista/McKellips area. Maybe not as many as Scottsdale but north east Mesa has its share.

Next time I see one I'll post the color and model, maybe it's one of yours.

JD

10. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #10 F40, Feb 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been seeing a lot more Ferrari's out here in Mesa... The owner of the GTR is an awesome guy, and his nearly stock Skyline is rediculously fast. Tonight I saw an R33 GTS25T. Black with chrome wheels. RB's sound awesome!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. AZSpider

AZSpider Karting

Oct 8, 2004
    San Diego CA
    I used to think I was the only one that felt that way when I lived in Ahwatukee. I had a friend with a yellow 360 coupe there but other than that I did not see too many. I have since moved to Rancho Santa Fe CA (north/San Diego) where Ferraris are real common and my 355 Spider is old news, but I still enjoy driving it.

12. prodigaltom

prodigaltom Rookie

Feb 28, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tom Spearman
    That's right, friends. I'm livin' large, but I have to do it in C-Town, otherwise known as Coolidge, AZ. Yes, it's that little town (population 10k) halfway between Phoenix and Tucson (about 60 miles from each).

The only Ferraris I've seen here are ones on my screen (I'm shopping for a yellow 355).

Tom

13. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    I have my office in Coolidge, Have yet to take the CT to Coolidge, but when you get your 355 we should hook up for lunch at Tags

14. prodigaltom

prodigaltom Rookie

Feb 28, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tom Spearman
    Please excuse my ignorance--what is a CT? I'd love to meet at Tag's sometime. I'm a fish out of water over here. Many people look at me strangely when I roll up to Wal-Mart or Safeway. Sure, gentrification will continue its inexorable march, but not overnight. For now, they don't know what to make of me.

Tom

15. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    CT=Countach.

16. prodigaltom

prodigaltom Rookie

Feb 28, 2006
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tom Spearman
  17. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    I sent you a PM. I will be having lunch at Tags this Thursday, let me know if you are free and I will bring the CT

18. AZ308GTS

AZ308GTS Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    Phoenix,AZ
    Hello Fellow Ahwatukeeian....(hmmmm not quite sure how to spell that.) Please wave when I drive by in my little white 308gts. Old school baby! You couldn't pay me to move out of this area. No traffic, quiet and everything you need is close in the "hood" or within easy reach on the freeways. Scottsdale has just become way too crowded.

19. Douge

Douge Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    I live in Chandler and am contemplating a 355 spider. Any help/advice from locals would be much appreciated.

Doug

20. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    I know of a 355 GTS 99' Yellow For sale .In my opinion a MUCH better car (inherent issues on spiders, as well as park bench type seats ).Besides a much more rare item.This particular on is F-1...... 21,000k.....@$88,000.00 OBO.

I live in Chandler as well and own this SAME car BUT w/ challenge grill,tubi headers and exhaust,bypass pipes,a little carbon here and there,of course in yellow.F-1 as well.

21. Douge

Douge Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Hmmm. GTS has removable roof yes? I have seen a yellow one down here on Alma school south of Germann. Can you pm me a number or give me a call? I would love to here your opinions on the park bench and issues of the spyder and your advice in general. Thanks.

Doug
    480-216-6290

22. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    When I was visiting Pheonix, we went out to shop at Target on Pecos Road, near that mall, a Bentley Cont. GT was parked in the first parking spot, this was way before the CGT was released. Like 3 to 5 months before it released. Don't remember the day or when it was. The color has slipped my mind also, but that car was beautiful, inside was very nice also.

23. Fly_By

Fly_By Rookie

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix/Colorado
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You aren't alone in Tukee. I'm just another 360 on the preserve. There are a few exotics in the area. Yellow Gallardo one street over, blue 360 spider in the area, Tony Womack had a blue Diablo when he was living in the hood. Just got my 360 out of the shop. 2500 miles out of the old clutch..... not sure if I'm taking it in the back end but seems a little low on usage is you ask me.

24. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Try living in Goodyear, you hardly ever see anything nicer than a Mercedes :)I live in Goodyear and own a Blue 355 Spyder.

25. MY355

MY355 Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2004
    NYC and AZ
    The Yellow 355GTS F-1 1999' is mine (thats the one probably seen @ Alma and Germain) I pass through there often .My X streets are Alma and Queen Creek. Although not for sale ,If you'd like I should be able to be able to give you some input on that particular model mine has now 56,000 miles on it and will be returned to me this weekend!! Looking foward to her re-introduction :).
    Yes the above is true of the seats as well as issues w/ the spider that are to some people preffered NOT I. I prefer my GTS

MY355