Winter 05/06 Spotted | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Winter 05/06 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    That's where I am at the moment helping with some building and upkeep at my folk's home. Forgot what their town was like compared to my hood... spotted a silver Gallardo with some LOUD aftermarket exhaust, black Gallardo, Porsche GT2 and GT3, silver RR Phantom, silver SL65 and S65, a brown Maybach. All these spots in just two days and all near Barrington, Dundee or NW Hgwy roads. Just a nice town and beautiful selection of cars.

RocketBoy

Edit: forgot to mention a sweet blue looking BMW M5 on NW Hgwy. Have yet to see one apart from magazines and looked and drove sharp too as he tried keeping up with the SL55 as I was taking it in for service. For a four door car, looks great and seems to get up and go just as well. I wonder how it would do against the CLS55 and the new Bentley.

2. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    328 replicar spotted on my block in Des Plaines. I was almost fooled when I drove past it....

Rocketboy,
    My friend who works at Patrick BMW gave me the $0.05 tour of the new M5.
    It is a screamer I have to say. I am a little unsure of the body but the HP can not be overlooked. Those things are sold out for the next 12 months I think. The M5 is big green and big HP.

Thanks.

Vince

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K., I didn't see an Exotic Car today. But, I did feel the need to pass this along. While I was waiting at a Stoplight. I saw a Truckdriver that was turning the Corner right in front of me. Who looked EXACTLY like Lemme from Motorhead.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. I was just being silly. But, I really did see a Truckdriver that looked just like Lemme....:)

5. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Frank,
    Did he bust out some "Ace of Spades" for you at the stoplight?

\m/ \m/

Thanks.
    Vince

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Red/tan 360 spyder the other day....

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Nope. But last summer, several guys were getting a bit close to my 308 @ Liftetime, checkinig it out (top off), but they drove off in a QP, so I figured they couldnt be all bad!

8. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Seen this car last summer and again today about 1:30PM going north on Walkup in Crystal Lake...
    Black 360 Spider - LOUD!

Looks like it usually is tunring on Berry Street.

Belong to anybody here? Please IM me.

9. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Saw a red 328 at GrannyM's on NW Hwy in Palatine. After market wheels.

I thought about taking mine out, but too much salt still on the road. Need a good rain!

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man, I hear you on that! I am just itchin' to take her out for a little drive. But, there is definitely too much Salt still on the Roads. You can see clouds of Salt dust being kicked up from the Cars.

And, it's especially bad where I live. I have an IDOT Salt Barn about 1/2 mile from my house. (Yeah, great in the Winter when it's really bad out.) Their areas to cover are the Local, State Highways/Routes. Well, it is located right at IL.RT56, Butterfield Rd. Immediately to my North. IL.RT83, Kingery Rd. just to my West. And IL.RT38, Roosevelt Rd. also just to my North. And my little hamlet of Oakbrook Terrace just salts the bejesus out of our Streets every single time a snowflake falls....:( Their intentions are good. But.....

It's going to take a good soaking to clean off all of this crapola...

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Don't know the car though I live near there. Wouldn't surprise me if you see more in the area since Frank and Andreas' prediction of the 360 being the new 308 is slowly making its course. With the real estate booming along the WI border, wouldn't surprise me if some rich contractors, developers, heck even kitchen desingers nab a "bargain Ferrari". Vette, Viper or 360? You only live once... There is a silver coupe just down 31 in Algonquin, red one in Inverness, multiple spyders, coupes, CS's in Barrington Hills... saw a yellow and green snow plow on NW Hgwy in Crystal Lake. It was haulin... yee haw! I miss warm weather and the daily chores and nice helpful gestures do not help. Helping out at the parents home, I tried to get some of the summer cars moving but all had dead batteries. These F1 wannabes suck up a lot of juice. Two AMG's have two batteries to each car and Maranello batteries are tucked so far in the engine bay only an infant's hand can reach them.

RocketBoy

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, the weather is supposed to be getting much warmer in the next few days. And up to 60 on Saturday! And, we are supposed to be getting some good Rain in to clean off the streets......It's getting real close, my friends!....:)

13. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    At lunch: red Mondial coupe pulling out of some sort of service/industrial park filled with body shops in Wheeling just beside Palwaukee airport on Milwaukee. Years ago used to see a few 308 and 328s in the same area. Don't know what's over there... Driver had a huge smile on his face and bright sun upon him and passenger. Nice car, nice scene. Have fun today, sir.

RocketBoy

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I wonder if it was Fred? He owns a really nice Mondial Coupe.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. All better now! Nice warm Sunny day. The rain has washed my streets of all of that nasty salt......So, I took her out from under the Car cover. Unhooked the battery tender. And went for a little ride. Man, it felt great! Definitely a (Good) attitude adjustment....:) She ran like a Champ. And absolutely zero leaks, or steam coming out from anywhere, etc....after the ride. I just took it easy for awhile. Took a little spin past Continental. I see that there were a few others who had their Ferrari's out too. Red 360 was one of them. Then, on the way back, after I was sure that all of the operating temps had been reached. (I had just changed the Oil not too long prior to storing it) Took her out on IL.83 for some spirited driving....you know....just to get the carbon cleared out and all....;) Ahhhhh! That really felt great!

16. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just saw a beautiful 430 spyder in Tinley Park while out running the cobwebs off my motorcycle.

Had the same color scheme as the one at the auto show... possibly the same car?

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Red F430 spyder south on 94 today.

18. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Saw a brand new red Lotus Elise in Roscoe,il
    Where my parents live, kinda one of those german luxobarge towns, with few "exotic" cars...... I love the Elise so much, one of those cars you just know its fun to drive by looking at it!

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Do they still have that Mecums Car Dealer (or whatever it was....) over there in Roscoe? (Or it was close by there, anyway) I drove out there back in about 1986 to look at a Corvette. After I finally found the place.....They had all sorts of cool cars in there. Lots of 'Vettes, a silver Zimmer 'Quicksilver' (Very cool Fiero that it is....:) ) And some other neato cars. But it's been 20 years since I was there. Just wondering if it was still there....?

20. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I'm not sure...I've never heard of it.

21. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    About 11:30 AM on Walkup in Crystal Lake, saw the same Black 360 Spider I witnessed last Saturday. Nice to see it being driven so often.

Man, I want one:)

22. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    for the past week:

3 flying spurs
    5 continental gt's
    2 maserati quattroportes
    1 new m5
    1 acura nsx
    3 911 turbos
    2 cayenne turbos
    2 carrera 4's
    3 carreras
    4 boxsters
    1 cayman
    1 arnage
    1 older arnage
    2 sl55 amg

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

LOL! Yeah, judging by seeing "Downers Grove" listed as your location.... You are right by Luxury Motors. Westmont Porsche. Laurel Mercedes and BMW. With, perhaps, an errant Maserati or two venturing further West from Continental..... :) Wait until that Lamborghini Dealership opens.....

24. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    While at a friend's party, yellow Lambo Gallardo, S55 Benz, new M5 Beemer, gorgeous dark silver DB9. Fortunately all missed the terrible storms later that evening. Was very surprised to see how many Serbs, Czechs, Bulgarians and Greeks not only follow but love Ferrari's F1 team.

RocketBoy

25. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    Spotted a new M5 on Sat. going .....well way too fast to post.

Rocketboy,

Do they latch on to Ferrari because of the road cars or is it for another reason?
    I will say that marketing probably has a lot to do with it.

Thanks.
    Vince