March 11 event in Nashville | Page 2 | FerrariChat

March 11 event in Nashville

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Crawford, Mar 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i wish i could have been there. as i said in the old thread about this event, my Confirmation was that day, which went well. the ironic thing is that I was at the Sunset Grill later that day and didn't have the slightest idea that you all were going to be there too. i just can't wait 'till the next event!

P.S. I want to see some pics!(please)

2. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    who owns the 575 and the 360 spider?

3. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    More of the Kroger parking lot (after everyone had arrived)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    nice pics. looks like those kids in the background about my age don't exactly know what they are talking about. (unless they were sons of one of the owners or something) people usually can't believe my passion for ferraris when they know my age. i just wish i could have been there. But I will be there next time. I was really looking forward to this event and about to pull about the scuderia ferrari F1 team shirt until the other plans came up. I hope you guys had a great time though.

5. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    More of the show:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crawford in action

[​IMG]

The Drive on Natchez Trace

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worlds Largest Concrete Bridge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    They didn't. A number of them were running their hands along the cars, calling Ferraris Lamborghinis and Lamborghinis Ferraris and so on. One kid got in the passenger seat of the murcielago and was leaning over on the dash taking pictures.

All that aside though, it was an awesome show and drive. I got my first ride in a Ferrari (thanks Crawford!), and also got to drive my first Ferrari (the 575) through Natchez trace and onto the highway for probably 20 minutes. That thing is a beast to say the least.

I couldn't have asked for a better day, was great meeting everyone!

7. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    yeah, i thought so. i have been on a ferrari drought for a while (haven't seen, sat in, ridden in, or driven) now, and i was really hoping to end that. it is a shame that my generation doesn't give these works of Italian art the respect they deserve. Next time, I will have to tell you guys that I am on here and I am NOT one those stupid kids like that. If (and hopefully when) I am an owner, I would cringe when I saw a kid walking up to my car. It really does make a kid's day when they get within 100 yards of a car like that(well, at least for me).

8. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I had an absolute blast on Saturday as well. I couldn't believe it when I saw all the cars together. Truly was a rare sight for Tennessee. Thank you all who came and allowed someone like me drool over your cars at least for a couple hours. :) Maybe someday in the near future I will have a car of my own to show with all of yours. Once again thank you all so much.

I'm gonna try to get all of the pictures I took uploaded tomorrow after work. Most of them turned out great.

9. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    Great pics guys, and it was great to finally meet everyone. I can't believe I missed the drive with everyone, but dinner was great. Can't wait for the next one.

10. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
  11. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Sorry, I did the little frown face wrong on that last one.

12. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Photo #1072 has a nice example of Arkansas driving shoes.

Steve

13. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    LOL

14. JCM615

JCM615 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 3, 2005
    Knoxville,Tn
    Full Name:
    J C
    Steve, you are a sartorial icon! The car was fantastic, btw. Great to see you.

15. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I was glad we got a chance to get together. I enjoyed the day and dinner and drinks were great. It always tastes better when the drinks were free. Thanks to all for putting on a nice event. Enzo lives in Nashville.

16. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I was thinking about Saturday all day at work. It definately made it go by a little faster. I still can't believe I got to ride in not one but two Ferraris. And I was almost gonna drive one, but I definately need some more practice driving a stick before I hop in the driver's seat of one of these. haha wouldn't wanna roast a clutch on my first drive. :)

As I was uploading the pics I realized that I missed a few of the cars. Here are the ones that I do have.

http://photobucket.com/albums/f355/0UTXLR8/3_11_2006%20Ferrari%20Cruise/

Let me know if this link doesn't work. Also, if anyone doesn't want their plates showing feel free to PM me or post here, and I will take the respected pics down. I do have the pics saved at a resolution of 1600x1200, so if you would like them just ask.

Thanks again everyone for an awesome day!

17. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Good pics.

18. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    great shots Josh

19. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    very cool. which ferraris did you ride in?

20. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Crawford's F355 GTS and Steve's 575M. Both are amazing cars to say the least.

21. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I got to drive Steves 575 as well. What an incredible sound firing up that V-12! And torque out the... tubi.

The Sunset Grill had wonderful food and atmosphere. Thanks again to JC for covering the drinks and excellent champagne at dinner :)

22. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Ya sorry we couldnt make the dinner Crawford.

Me and Josh didn't have anywhere to go and parents waiting to see us at home, so we decided (reluctantly) to head on home.

Great event and thanks again for my first F-car ride!

23. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    It was good finally meeting you guys.

See if you can get an event organized in your area. I'm ready for a roadtrip!

24. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I'm looking to put together an Exotic Car Show for charity here at UT following the summer. Will hopefully be in Aug/Sep, I just need to work out some things with the school concerning renting out a parking lot and a bunch of paperwork involved with donating to a charity and getting a radio station out there to sponser it and get the word out to people who aren't UT students.

Afterwards we would go on a drive similar to the one we did last weekend and (if people are interested) grab something to eat.

I think we could easily raise 5 grand for the local Ronald McDonald house!

I'll keep you all posted on my other thread as things progress beyond the planning stages...