599GTB at Geneva Auto Salon | Page 2 | FerrariChat

599GTB at Geneva Auto Salon

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Simon, Feb 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think of the new 599GTB Fiorano?

1. Love it

2. So so

3. Don't like it

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    :D S T R I K E :D

2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I've voted "so so" because I haven't seen it in the flesh yet. From the first official pictures I didn't like it at all. Now with more pictures floating in I can see some of the design ideas better but there are still some awkward details like the headlights and the side view. Anyway, I'm going to Maranello soon (when visiting the Mille Miglia) so I'm sure I'll see enough 599 GTBs in the flesh there.

3. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Indeed :)

I loved it from the first pics too... and loving it even more now! It's a great car! Even more beautiful than the 550/575 Maranello IMHO... :D

4. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    On the first official pics, ididn't like it at all...
    Now, since i saw better pics, she's growing on me...
    so I voted so so...

Have to see one in real...hope there will be some f599 at Spa ferrari days...

5. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    Didn't make it to Geneva ;). Online pics are so-so, but EVO Magazine has some splendid layouts of the beast and I have to say, I love it! Can't wait to see it in person.

6. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    After seeing it for real I must admit that I absolutely love it. Only the Murcielago comes close in this price range, but it's technically inferior (heavier steel frame, lower revving engine).

7. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    Hi,

Do someone knows how many time you have to wait to drive your 599 GTB ?

I was wondering that because one very good friend of mine bought one, but the swiss Ferrari dealer said that he will have to wait until may 2007 and maybe more ? For a 320k swiss francs production car, it sounds very long, taking into account that he ordered it a long time ago.

Is it really the case everywhere in Switzerland or Europe ?

Thanks for your advices,
    Alain

8. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Hi Alain,

I was told that since production of the 599GTB is already fully booked for 24 months, dealers in Europe have decided not to have any demo cars as these would seriously add to the waiting time (each EU country is only getting 30-50 cars per year, the majority will go to the USA).

The only way is to wait until the first cars come on the used market (1 year at least) or wait until the initial order frenzy has died out (1.5 - 2 years).

An alternative is to test the cars at the press days if you can get press accreditation AND an invitation from Ferrari. The press cars will be the 3 pre-production cars displayed at Geneva, which are not finished yet but will be made track-ready by mid-April.

9. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    I love it, a fantastic design..... but, nothing beats the 430 for me.