Winter 05/06 Spotted | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Winter 05/06 Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hello all, newb in the chi town area and spotted a couple cars this weekend

blue continental gt at ogden and cass in westmont
    green RS6 pulling out of laurel audi
    maybach in wilmette (that thing is a boat)
    yellow gallardo in hinsdale

2. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Highlights of my trip (will post pictures and vids of all of them later)

gray and black Porsche 996 Turbos
    black Porsche 997 Cabriolet
    dark blue Ferrari 360 Spider
    gray Aston Martin DB9 (vid)
    silver Bentley Arnage
    2 gray Bentley Flying Spurs
    black Bentley Continental GT (vid)
    silver and black Maybachs
    black Mercedes SL500
    silver Maserati QP
    blue Dodge Viper GTS

Other cars seen inside the dealership (only a few pictures)
    silver Ferrari 360 Spider
    yellow Lambo Murci Roadster
    white Bentley Arnage
    silver Ford GT
    red Ferrari F430
    gray Ferrari F430 Spider
    2 black McLaren SLRs
    light blue Ferrari 550 Maranello

3. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I think I saw a Dodge Dakota today! :D

4. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Was it red?

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You saw these cars in Schiller Park???? I used to work in Schiller Park. Well, it was a long time ago...late '80's in to the early '90's. But I just can't fathom where/why there would be cars like that anywhere in Schiller Park....Although, I suppose that things could have changed there in the past 12 years since I've been there...Enlighten me, Rocketboy.....:)

6. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I wish!

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Today

silver and black Continental GTs
    black 911 Turbo
    gray DB9 Volante

8. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    You're right Vince. Guy I was talking to about the race was wearing the latest Puma shirt and was so historically inclined he talked about GV being the racer he followed the most due to old news print... Even before the fall of the Iron Curtain, F1 was one of the few capitalist type activities well known which surprised me thinking it would rather be club soccer, at least in the case of this Bulgarian I met. Today all the ads we see on the cars are geared to a Euro audience no matter the locale. The guy told me F1 kind of flew under the radar in the past and once the governments and economy changed, the media hype surrounding the Scuderia just made it that much easier to follow.

RocketBoy

9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I was just as surprised. But my spot is more of a cheat as the DB9 and M5 were at a restuarant and I could guess their owners were not from the area. M5 owner was the Ferrari fan mentioned in my previous post and started a conversation up with me in broken English once he saw my Maser jacket. However, the Gallardo was just down the street at an ordinary looking apartment/home, ( forgot the name of the three level story homes that could be converted to apartments that cover the NW side. ) Just seeing the pot holed street made me wonder what the Lambo felt like trying to cruise out of there. All these cars on or near Irving Park rd amongst ordinary Fords and Chevys, small shops, and bungalow neighborhoods. A very interesting location I agree.

RocketBoy

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, there are alot of Polish and Slovak folks in that area now. Maybe there are some European Mobsters. You never know....

11. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005

ya since my parents are divorced, i live in DG and a small town next to Hinsdale (where continental is) named Clarendon Hills...but im barely ever there im usually in hinsdale with friends so hinsdale is where i see most of the cars among ogden + 55th street...

ya when the lambo opens it will be so sweet it will be less than a mile away from my house!

12. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    esprit
    sl65 amg
    continental gt.....

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, I grew up in Elmhurst, so, I am very familiar with all of those towns. One of my Uncles bought his first house in Clarendon Hills when he first got married back in 1970. Did you know that the great Blues Legend, Muddy Waters lived in Westmont before he passed away?

When I first discovered Continental, back in the mid 1970's. It was as we passed it going eastbound on Ogden Av. to go and party all day long at Bemis Woods-South. Ahh, yes, those were the days....;)

Bemis Woods. Busse Woods. They were all packed every day during the Summer, and every weekend the rest of the year.

The kids these days don't do that. I am surprised. It used to be, that if you didn't get in and parked by 10-11AM on a Weekend day. Or in the Summer. You couldn't get in. Now, I don't think anybody does that anymore. I've been out driving, and once in awhile, cruise through there for memory sake. And, there are just a few Hard Core Burnouts left that still go there. Maybe a dozen. And, some weirdo's backed into parking spaces by themselves....I don't EVEN wanna know what they're up to...:(

14. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Wednesday afternoon (3/15) about 4:00 I saw a yellow TR in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.

15. Rabsox386

Rabsox386 Karting

Feb 11, 2006
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Half hour ago saw a white S550 with dealer plates.
    I have seen one other one in black, and this one in white just looks sick. I really can't explain how nice it looks. Riding along on during the day with sun, man looked beautiful.

Also saw a yellow H1 on the northside of chitown last night.

btw i also live in clarendon hills right by ogden and 83

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yellow Gallardo at 1pm on Irving park pulling into one of the tuning shops. I guess I'm not the only one using their service. :)

Later a Viper nailed by three state troopers on I294. Felt sorry for the guy.

17. 5683592

5683592 Karting

Oct 23, 2005
    ya i actaully did know that my cousin who lives in westmont just told me that a month or so ago...even drove me by where the house is/was i forgot if its still there or what not.

haha nice story but im cant put my finger on where your talking about on ogden.

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Red Lotus Exige on Clark and Halsted at noon today.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Muddy lived in an Apartment building in Westmont, not a house.

The entrance for Bemis Woods south is located on the North side of Ogden Av., about 1/4 mile or so West of Wolf Rd.