1000hp BMW M3 | FerrariChat

1000hp BMW M3

Discussion in 'Other German' started by drunkenmaster16x1, Mar 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drunkenmaster16x1

drunkenmaster16x1 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    DA-Motorsport is offering the worlds fastest street car for ONLY $22,000???????

Quote:

"Once you are in the M3 Turbo competition is over, you know that there is no faster road car. Any car including Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Murcielago or Mercedes Benz CLK GTR is slower than M3 Turbo. Driving M3 turbo is a feeling that cannot be described"

Unquote.

I dont know about "beauty", but it sure is a "sleeper"..............if they're for real. Anyone know about DA?

http://da-motorsport.com/projeler/evolutionm3/index.htm

2. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    alot of bmw fans have been waiting for yrs for them to finish the turbo kit for the last E46 chassis but still nothing... haven't heard alot about reliabilty eithier. but 22k for a turbo puts you smack in ferrari turbo land and that to me is better then FI in a BMW.

3. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    To you it may be but to some it isnt as this BMW can most likely smack the Ferrari on the track. I believe this is the same one that we have all seen video's where it has beaten a Diablo and Porsche Turbo.

4. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Who wants to go to Istanbul, Turkey to buy a car? Then pay another $8,000 to ship it stateside.

5. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    there are threads on e46fanatics about this company go take a look. beyond that my opnion is that it's silly to tie that much money up in a BMW let alone most cars in that price point. i'm not biased i own BMW's and have tracked many M5's. they're great cars however putting that percentage into a car is not the wisest thing to do with your money. but hey thats me, to each thier own. i could have built another BMW track car but decided to buy a ferrari for the same money. guess which one brings more smiles per miles ;) it may not be fast but it suuure is fun.

6. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    I have been following DA since the beginning and i have a few things i want to say.

22,000 for 1000hp is very reasonable....there are many kits on offer to.
    The kit for the e46 330i/ci is being tested know. The owner of the company, Mert Dastan, sent a free trial kit to a member who is in the process of putting it togather (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326414&page=19)

The owner of DA has been working on this project since 2000. He spent upwards of $600,000 from his own pocket. If he didnt believe it was gonna work out, I dont think he would have got to this point.

I have personally spoke to a Bahraini gentleman who was in Istanbul to pick up a supercharger kit for his ZM3. And he rode in the Turbo M3 (1000hp) and said it was mindblowing...

For those of you who scoff at Turkey, may I remind you our automotive industry is quite advanced, and the castings for the molds of your beloved F430s are made in a sleepy town in the industrial heartland of Turkey. Rims on your Audis, leather in your Maybachs, even engine parts on your Lamborghinis are made by factories that have outsourcing contracts in Turkey.

Im not mentioning the score of car companies that have full fledged car and truck plants either.

Therefore, I would like to point out that the reason for DA's competitive prices lies in the fact that the owner has good connections in sourcing parts for cheap and Turkish labor prices aren't like the US (they aint dirt cheap either though, hovering in the middle) So he is able to come up with a package that should deliver the performance and be cheaper then the competition while being on the cutting edge of BMW FI.

7. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Incredible. Simply incredible.

8. mj1133

mj1133 Rookie

Mar 1, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Well the kit has never been dyno'd or proven, so people doubt its really 1000 hp.

9. bottomline

bottomline Formula 3

Mar 10, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Bijan
    Ahem ...

that's for the kit.

10. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
  11. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Are we sure that Diablo is stock?

12. WealthBuildR

WealthBuildR Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Seal Beach/Cypress
    Full Name:
    Wally Da Silva
    This M3 either has too much wheel spin or much turbo lag. I'd rather have a modified 993 or Toyota Supra instead imho

13. drunkenmaster16x1

Oct 30, 2005
    D/FW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Good question. Probably impossible to find out because it was not an "organized" race. They just happened to spot it on the highway.

14. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    oh man.....DA-Motorsport has now somehow infected my fellow F-chat addicts too!! what is this world coming to???.......long before F-cars I was a hardcore Bimmer head, still am........matter of fact my daily driver and track whore are both bimmers............anyway, back to DA-Motorsport........ask them for one single Dyno sheet, just 1........apparently the only dyno in the country can only read up to 650whp......the owner( I believe his name is Mert) is sooooooo full of it.....how do you know how much power your turbo kit makes if you have never had the car on a dyno???.....how do you tune a car correctly without one??.......as for the vids of his M3 beating exotics in races........I know of turbo M3's in the US that would spank a Lambo or F-car in the same manner as he did, and they don't have anywhere near 1000hp...........
    just for reference, the turbo kit that i'm getting for my daily driver cost around $9k and will get me between 400whp-550whp depending on boost, and the amount of boost will depend on if i decide to get the engine built or not......

if anyone here wants to turbo a bimmer there's lots of reputable tuners here in the US, in Europe I'd only let PPF turbo my bimmer!!