Any suggestions | FerrariChat

Any suggestions

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by charliek, Mar 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Hey guys,
    I just got my new 1974 Jaguar Etype v-12. The car has all original paint but it looks like someone buffed the car with steel wool. It has really deep scratches. I have been using every compound, polish etc but cannot get the scratches out. The paint is original lacquer. Any suggestions? Thanks
    Charlie

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Charlie, sorry to hear about that. A blemished paint job is probably the biggest downer from a visual perspective.

Reach out to users "Greg G" or "JPF" - they are our in-house experts on car care, and will be able to guide you appropriately.

You may also be able to get some answers here. These guys take detailing to a whole 'nother level.

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/

Best of luck.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MAYBE TRY GUS AT TECHNIK1

HES A GREAT GUY AND AN FCHAT MEMBER AND EX-SPONSER

BRUCE

4. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hi Charlie... just on my way out the door... but rest assured that your lacquer could most likely be salvaged. Anyone proficient in wetsanding should be able to ressurrect the proper shine.

5. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Thanks BRUCE, that is a good suggestion. I am contacting Gus at Technik1 on Monday.