Insurance companies in jersey | FerrariChat

Insurance companies in jersey

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by zitro, Mar 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zitro

zitro Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ortiz
    I’m in need of another insurance company in jersey for my lambo so I just wanted to get an idea of what companies people here were using. thanks

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
  3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    NJM because I declared the value of the 308 & they agreed.

but before that Prudential was inexpensive & good.

4. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Seriously, Try Geico

5. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    I have NJM, but my father uses Gieco for the F430

6. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Clyde - How were you able to get a policy with New Jersey Manufacturers for agreed upon value? I've been with them for years for both autos and home owners policies. When I phoned them regarding an AV policy for my Viper they were clueless. Perhaps another call or two is in order....

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    NJM required me to have an appraisal done.
    The appraiser pretty much asked what I wanted it to be worth.
    and at every renewal, NJM keeps asking me what the new value is. I tell them to refer to the appraisal sheet.

8. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Thanks clyde...I'll try again with them...Which appraisal service did you use and what was the cost?

9. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We switched from State Farm to Liberty Mutual about 5 years ago and the rates were a lot lower. We had one claim a few years ago and it was handled very professionally. I have no idea how Liberty Mutual rates compare to NJM or Geico, but we've been happy with them and it's another option to consider. One issue with Liberty Mutual is they are pretty strict on driving record -- if you have a lot of tickets, they may not accept you.

10. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    I've used Allstate for my daily drivers for just about ever. For the "collector cars" I use J.C. Taylor. They insure not only my old Jaguars, but the Ferrari as well even though it's not "historic". They will do an agreed value, if you have an appraisal. I've found their rates to be very competitive, and when I hit a deer a few years ago with an XKE V-12 I had (see my Avatar), they paid with no problems whatsoever, and didn't drop me or raise my rates on the other cars.

11. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    Has anyone used Gieco for their regular cars? I got a pretty reasonable quote even based upon my NJM policy. Not sure if I should switch.

12. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

My policy is up for renewal. I did the usual "Just use the old appraisal". They just called to say they show the 308 as increasing in value & suggested I do another appraisal. However, they'd be happy to stay with the original appraisal if I desired.

Gotta love a company that's on top of things.

similiar topic: As you may have read, a recent front fender bump popped a 308 fender shock. I've been asking all sorts of questions regarding rate increases, policy cancellations, histories, implications, etc. and these people have been nothing short of amazing with their honesty and promptness on answering those questions....even when I insisited on anonymity.

I'll let you know how the bumper shock claim goes. So far, no problems and so far NJM gets 5 stars from me.

13. 1ST1MADE

1ST1MADE Karting

Apr 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I use NJM for my daily drivers, and use Hagerty for my 400 and BMW 850.
    They use the stated value. My isuance for the Fcar is only 198 a year. They have an exotic category, since your car is a 99. Good Luck. It was nice to meet you on Sun.

Bill

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I recall seeing QQ plates on your 400, so it's insured as an antique?

And it was a pleasure meeting you & the 400 as well. Hope to see you out on more runs.

15. PhillyM5

PhillyM5 Karting

Apr 27, 2006
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Robin L
    I'm in Jersey, but I'd been with Geico for about 2 years now. They're very efficient in handling 2 claims a last year. I would definately use them, It's a plus if your in the military or retired. With the military discount and Berkshire Hathaway stock holder discount, I'm paying 2k/yr for my M5, E55 and Land Rover and this is zero deductibles for both comp/col.

16. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Damm you, extend your millitary discount to all of us! :) Nice to see you on sunday, the M5 looks great.

17. 1ST1MADE

1ST1MADE Karting

Apr 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Bill

18. jet190rs

jet190rs Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rich C.
    I've used Geico for a few cars. Only thing you need to watch out for is that their policy allows them to use cheaper aftermarket parts to repair your car. This happened on my Jeep Grand Cherokee once but has never happened on my BMWs or Porsche.

19. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    State Farm

20. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Just one. I'll post it in the show thread.

BTW: for future reference....you want the MODEL'S phone number, not the photographer's. :p

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    FYI
    AVM Automotive Consulting
    Montvale, NJ
    201-391-5194

I just called them to get re-appraised. I'll post the cost when I get it.

22. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    State Farm. No agreed value but no restrictions, either.

I got turned down by Hagerty bc my wife's driving record (she had a bad year) couldn't be severed from mine. Other specialty carriers declined bc the car is too new. With the various discounts for multiple cars, anti-theft, airbags, etc. it costs only a couple hundred a year more than the Hagerty quote. I probably will put the 450SL on the same policy even though it is old enough for the specialty insurers.

Claims service has been fine (ask my wife how she knows). :(