Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    JUST....KIDDING!!!!!....:)

Yeah, I'd offer you some of my Painkillers. But, after watching that horrible, horrible show last night. I used 'em all.....:(

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rick, I think Frank is on the right track.....

A generous slathering of dry rub (or your preferred sauce, I suggest "The Stack" or Arthur Bryant's, both from KC) and a few hours smokin' at 250 degrees and you'll be fine! :D

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Resist ribbing Rick over his ribs.

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Let me make this abundantly clear.....

I am not going to rub Rick's ribs, never was. :D

5. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Oh come on I do need someone to rub my ribs. Most of the pain is in the back so I can't do it. And I don't have a significant other to help me, all I have is my trusty dog. Now don't read into that you clowns. Rick T, I still might be coming in for a visit and some xrays.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well....if you don't have a significant other right now to help you with all that rubbing. There's a place called "Roxy's" on North Av. in Glen Ellyn/Addison where I'm sure that you can find a nice young lady to, uh, give you a hand....:) (But, you may have to bring your own Rib Rub...:) )

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ricky, what happened to "My Lady" you referred to so often in previous posts?

Seems you had a great 'New Year' if I recall correctly! ;)

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Whoa Frankie; does your wife monitor this forum?

Watch what you write, and don't expose any incriminating evidence.

Remember.......the 'Fifth' is your friend!:)

9. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well things cooled alot after our last trip to Tahoe & Vegas. Still puzzled why, so just friends now. So time once again to regroup and move forward. As my one friend keeps telling me "Asset Mgmt, quit spending money and continue rebuilding".

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Rick, sorry to hear it.

Your friend is right (I hope you consider me one too), it's time to think about yourself.

11. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    If she cooled and you don't know why, it's because you paid too much attention to her. You told her how you felt. And you gave her NO reason to assume you might NOT call her ever again.

That's why she cooled. It goes back to the "thrill of the hunt" thing.

If you make them unsure of themselves and your feelings about them for the first few months you will be a whole lot more "valued" by them.

A man who cannot resist the urge to throw themselves completely into a relationship in the first few months, will lose her to a man that can.

If you saw pictures of some of the females I have dated in my time (long-term) it could fill an issue of Maxim. I know of what I speak.

Next time, care a WHOLE lot less. Assume there are other hotter women out there that you will be dating at some point in the future. Think of a current girlfriend as a temporary girlfriend. She will sense it too. It will drive her NUTS. Girls don't LIKE to think there are other girls out there that you would rather be with. If they start to think they are the best thing that you can get, you will soon be typing about it on some internet website.......

Good luck.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fascinating the directions a signup thread for gokart can take.

Shall we discuss World Peace next or is it time to close and bury this thread for good?

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sorry. I forgot to bring the conversation back to the original topic........

Hey Rick, stop spending money on these women and spend it on a go kart!!!

;-)

14. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    I know this is not the forum to be talking about this stuff but I have to say I have to back Bill on this one.

Thanks.

Vince

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Happy now?

16. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ok kill this thread. Enough of my pitaful life.

17. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Don't let your go-kart know, that you really don't want to go out without her, that she's the only and maybe the most important part of your life. Keep her waiting in the garage, for a little track time on the weekend and an occasional tune-up (if you know what I mean). Soft lights, Syntech and a little mood music. :D

18. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    ENOUGH Already. Good advice but I enjoyed it more when we had the debates about my replicar and why I should buy a real FERRARI.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Did somebody say replicar, Ferrari and GoKart? I got the thread for you. Started by a fellow Chicagoan:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98728

20. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well then, you should enjoy my second PM I sent ya. It relates.

Sorry, I can't resist but.......

That $3k that you probably blew in Vegas and Tahoe with that broad would have paid for 1/7th of a 308. Or 1/4 of a 1988 Lotus Esprit (still a cool car). And, I would be willing to bet that, no matter HOW bad you blew it in Vegas and Tahoe, she would still be with you today if you had EITHER of those two cars.

You wouldn't refer to your life as "pitiful" and you would have something to show for that 3k. Actually a few things. That chick and a few others. And a nice FERRARI!!!

Do yourself a favor and make an investment in your future. Hell, if you owned a Ferrari, you could probably find a chick who would PAY for YOU to go to Tahoe with her. You you'd be SAVING money by having a Ferrari!!!

Can you afford $200 per month?? Then you can afford a Ferrari. If you want help with this, let me know and I can show you how it is done.

If you can't afford the $200, then maybe you should cancel your High Speed connection, scrounge up $150 every month and GET THE FERRARI. There is ALWAYS a way you can make it happen.

CRIPES!!!

21. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    $200 per month!!!
    Get me on that payment plan , Daddy O!!

Andreas,
    Please add finance to thread title....

Thanks.
    Vince

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Isn't that implied when we're talking about relationships or racing?

23. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I raced at CIR once (the November team enduro), it was my first race there and we got killed. Since I'm new to site, are their regular outings in the Chicago area?

24. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ok quit making me laugh, my ribs can't take it. They hurt to much when I laugh. I had to break down yesterday to go see Dr T for some Xrays and he's got me started on some pain killer, but not until tonight. I guess I can use it for other pains too. Hey this doesn't mean that I'll take it easy next year on the track Dr T.

Ok Bill I still like Panteras so set up a cruise to Collector's Choice and we can see what Cory has for sale up there. I also want to know your financial plans, hey only $200/month for a Ferrari? I need to talk to your accountant. In reality a friend is selling his 97 Vette six speed that is reasonible for me to purchase so stay tuned, you'll never know what you might see me cruising in this summer. and NO I wasn't going to sell my current toy, unless I got a real good offer. Hey should I put it up for sale in the "Vintage section"? You think I could get any real decent offers?

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You'd get some real offers for something else. And Dr. T's pain killers wouldn't be enough. Bad time to sell your toy. There is a bunch of them on ebay right now.

Futureowner: The Ferrari Owners club has an annual go kart race in March at CIR. Apparently you just missed that. But we're now thinking about an endurance race sometime this summer. Stay tuned and welcome to FChat!