328 Brake Pads- Mostly street but track also? | FerrariChat

328 Brake Pads- Mostly street but track also?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Robert Rehkopf, Mar 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    Long time since I posted, Howdy All!
    I have a 328 with custom drilled (by Race Techonology) rotors and need some new brake pads. Mostly street driving but every DE day I can do. Any suggestions? What about Porterfields?
    Robert

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Robert,

Use the Ferodo pads here and they are good. Pehaps the DS2500 for hard street and some track use? i can say to avoid the EBC Green Stuff as when they are cold they do not grip well at all. Believe a few guys here do use Porterfields so they can chime up.

3. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Mintex 1144 are another possible choice if you have them over there or Pagid fast road

4. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

ALUMINUMYELLOW328 Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    Porterfields are a good compromise.

5. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    The Porterfield R4-S is a great pad for performance street use but don't hold up well to track use. They will glaze and fade if you run hard at the track. The DS2500 Ferodo is a better dual purpose pad but be warned, it's a 50/50 shot they will squeel at light pedal pressure and low speed ie. coming to a stop sign, or parking lots. They also dust like mad.

Mintex is difficult to find as are Pagid that aren't Porsche shapes. If you are the kind of driver that drives mainly on the street and pushes it to 70% at the track, Porterfields are great. We sell them for $160 fronts and $80 rears. No noise, low dust.

Hope that helps,

Martin
    Girodisc

6. Corsa

Corsa Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Right. I am very satified with my DS2500 pads.

7. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks Martin, glad to have you here posting. Hope you can get me those two sets of front and rear pads i NEED asap. As for the DS2500, mine squeeled only during the initial hundred miles or so and now are quiet. You are right they dust like mad, but also stop/slow down the car quite well at the track too :)

8. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    The DS2500 Ferodo is a better dual purpose pad but be warned, it's a 50/50 shot they will squeel at light pedal pressure and low speed ie. coming to a stop sign, or parking lots. They also dust like mad.

Mintex is difficult to find as are Pagid that aren't Porsche shapes. If you are the kind of driver that drives mainly on the street and pushes it to 70% at the track, Porterfields are great. We sell them for $160 fronts and $80 rears. No noise, low dust.

Hope that helps,

Martin
    Girodisc[/QUOTE]

Martin
    Thanks for the input and info, I really appreciate it. How much are the Ferodo's?
    Robert

9. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    Hi Robert,

$105 for the front and $72 for the rear.

Martin
    Girodisc

10. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    Robert,

Do me a favor, if you are interested in these Ferodos, check this link and verify the pad shapes are the same as yours. I've heard of some different setups on the 328 depending on if it's an ABS car or not.

Thanks

Martin

http://************/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_45

11. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    Martin
    I have one of those unique 328's, a 88.5. NO ABS, but convex wheels and 348 suspension upgrades. Which ones do you think I need given my car uniqueness? I have no idea what they look like but I can have them checked if you don't know.